Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    How come the annual reports, specifically 2016, show no concerns about the super rugby competition or the ARU's financial position?

Didnt the 2016 report come out days before the the announcement?
    I made that very point in my "essay" on here Daz. In fact, not a single one of the annual reports even hinted at any trouble at the mill. And yes, the 2016 annual report was published the very same day that Clyne made his appearance on kick and chase. It even talked about making a greater "investment" in SuperRugby thanks to the brilliant TV deal! A TV deal that also landed Pulver a very healthy bonus on top of his salary for 2016. Check out my Table 4 on the "who are you calling unsustainable" thread!

I'm seriously thinking of taking a week's leave from work to put a big case file together for the Senators!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison

I'm seriously thinking of taking a week's leave from work to put a big case file together for the Senators!
    Your dedication is fantastic Alison. I take your point about our lurkers. So if you need any help with research feel free to PM me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    That's the critical question, when was the realisation they would be bankrupt by 2020. Nothing in 2016 books, happy to buy WF license in 2016, happy with new broadcast agreement in 2016, happy to slip Cox a cool $6m extra in 2016. Then find another couple of mil to eagerly pay over long in tooth KHunt to hop codes, and then ANOTHER couple of mil to pay for Pococks European vacation. Finally whispers of culling a team, and subsequently seeking legal opinion both still in 2016. All rather sudden isn't it?

Excellent economic leadership by the banker.

Problem solvered. Cut the only franchise looking outside the financial square with own the force, then turn your nose up at...wait for it...$50m along with no financial burden from a franchise, and agreeing to the sale of another franchise for $1 (after you just bought WF for $3.7m) after you have forgiven it $8m in accumulated debts and gifted the new owner a further $6m (all that after actually selling said license for $1 after effectively purchasing it for $13m by again forgiving it's original owners accumulated debts). All the while relying on a state govt to pay you in the future after the state election without actually signing a contract. And finally, although apparently facing bankruptcy, pay Sanchez $800k to lure to Rebels, whose existing half Stirzacker is captain and long touted as Genias possible successor (should have gone to Tahrds instead of Phipps).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    On the 12th of April 2016 the ARU announced, to much fanfare, a 5 year strategic plan to, and I quote from the ARU's website “to inspire all Australians to enjoy our great global game”. There are several things that don't add up as far as I am concerned.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/04...stralian-rugby

Why is that in the 12 months since the announcement of the strategic plan we had reached a stage where the ARU Chairman and CEO were announcing that they were going to cut a side within 48-72 hours? Cameron Clyne has recently been on record as saying that the finances with Australian Rugby have looked shaky since I think it was 2015 (or possibly earlier)?

Why release the grand plan for Australian Rugby if the game was already in dire financial straits.

vCash
    jargs don't forget Willy Puller declaring in 2016 for WF longevity and a national footprint

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What steps and connections did the ARU make to find new funding partners to support their new purchase?
    Having discovered that RWA hadn't sat down with the some time richest Australian, despite him being a Member, what steps did the ARU take to engage with Mr Forrest?

I remember a farming mate who was doing it pretty tough financially at the time telling me one morning he rang his local bank manager.
    Said words to the effect of, "Well, you better get your boots on and get out here mate, we've got some drafting to do."
    Bank Manager obviously asked why, what did he mean.
    Mate said, "Well, they're your bloody sheep, not mine!"

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    jargs don't forget Willy Puller declaring in 2016 for WF longevity and a national footprint
    Yeah I know, I'm pretty sure it was the above document that started the ARU's referencing to have the "National Footprint".

Champion
    vCash
    I will be very happy if you guys can get the senators to crucify Clyne, Pulver, Eales, Clarke etc with those questions. However if we spend too much looking in the rear mirror and not concentrating on the road of opportunities ahead for the RugbyWA and the Force, we could miss a fantastic opportunity to lock the ARU into a bunch of concessions in front of the senators.

We have to be realistic on what concessions we need in the short term, so we dont have all our team, players and coaches stolen from us.,

One thing, I forgot to include on my list, was that the ARU should be made to give us back our Western Force IP, which they themselves have trashed and is of no resale value to anybody else other than us.

Super rugby will be dead in a few years.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Exactly Jargs and Bison!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Well I've started writing my submission, I suggest you all do the same. You are advised to adhere to the terms of reference, but the last one is a bit of a catch all, so go for it under that.

I plan to characterise mine to be about the Public perception of transparency and fair Process.
    I will be suggesting that the documented lack of engagement with rugby WA and the inherent bias in the process indicates that the ARU is not currently a nationally focused organisation and will be less so with the loss of one West Australian vote on the board.... Along with the fact that a West Australian representative has not been appointed to replace Geoff stooke despite his resignation being over a month ago.

I will also be asking how the ARU has squandered the funds from a record broadcast deal two years ago to build a situation where they need to sack 20% of their workforce or enter insolvency.

Others are welcome to use the same points or build a submission around your own

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Go for it gang--hats off to you all, to be able to begin to recall and collate all the multiple element of the entire shitfest!!
    if an appropriate submission could be put in a public space here so we can individually copy paste and submit ,is that of any help to the senate ?? ie weight of numbers of submissions??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Go for it gang--hats off to you all, to be able to begin to recall and collate all the multiple element of the entire shitfest!!
    if an appropriate submission could be put in a public space here so we can individually copy paste and submit ,is that of any help to the senate ?? ie weight of numbers of submissions??
    I sort of started doing that but, as Alison correctly pointed out and this joint being a public space, that would only give the perpetrators a leg -up to preparing their answers. Of course if they have been telling the truth they would not need to.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I suggest someone create a shared space on the Cloud, with access by invite / request only. That way the usual suspects here can collaborate without it being public. I'm happy to create the space if others think it a good idea, but I can't take the lead on collating ideas.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I suggest someone create a shared space on the Cloud, with access by invite / request only. That way the usual suspects here can collaborate without it being public. I'm happy to create the space if others think it a good idea, but I can't take the lead on collating ideas.
    TWF has a little used feature called "Groups" where you can make discussion groups and designate them as public or private, invite only etc. This would likely work well for such a venture

Have a look here: http://twf.com.au/group.php (there is a link off the "Community" menu)

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    BTW, there is a special group called 'Secret Squirrel stuff' for anyone who wants to help me on Saturday

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast