Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    WA Gov't's opening statement has been posted up on the Committee's website. Just four hours and counting. Long old wait.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Unless of course they're all as corrupt as each other, in which case they'll attempt to band together and characterise the Inquiry as a witch hunt.

Based upon the presented answers to questions on notice, RugbyWA have no fear of being transparent with their stuff. It has been returned promptly and appears to be very comprehensive, the opening statements from the various ARU players haven't even appeared, let alone any answers on notice.

Short story, the ARU will call it a witch hunt when, in reality, they ARE a witch and they're feeling hunted.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Since this is the only forum with sensible dialogue re Rugby administration I offer this thought re Senator Reynolds questions to Mr North on page 25 of the transcript she says:
    " They (Rebels) got $6 million for future payments, which I presume won't occur because Imperium has now gone."
    I wonder if the Rebels still stand to collect, since the agreement was with ARU and MRRU (who was owned by Imperium and its associated trust holders - and is now owned by VRU). I guess if the newspaper reports are right, and the ARU annual reports to date show 2015 - 1.4 m paid, 2016 - $2.6 m paid, 2017 payments - paid (the ARU annual reports will declare these in March or April 2018) and then some more payments in 2018, 2019 and 2020??

truth triumphs

vCash
    I see the VRU website has Peter Leahy still down as a VRU Director and their '10 year facilities plan' is up.

vCash
    Imperium and its associated trust holders
    Cough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Also curious to know how closely the World Rugby (iRB) is following this
    and BMW and other major sponsors.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    and BMW and other major sponsors.....
    BMW will pull their sponsorship at the end of the year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    Since this is the only forum with sensible dialogue re Rugby administration I offer this thought re Senator Reynolds questions to Mr North on page 25 of the transcript she says:
    " They (Rebels) got $6 million for future payments, which I presume won't occur because Imperium has now gone."
    I wonder if the Rebels still stand to collect, since the agreement was with ARU and MRRU (who was owned by Imperium and its associated trust holders - and is now owned by VRU). I guess if the newspaper reports are right, and the ARU annual reports to date show 2015 - 1.4 m paid, 2016 - $2.6 m paid, 2017 payments - paid (the ARU annual reports will declare these in March or April 2018) and then some more payments in 2018, 2019 and 2020??
    Pretty sure the payments were end loaded to the start of the agreement, good luck extricating the majority of that six million dollars from the various unit trusts, shell companies and offshore tax havens!

C'mon the

vCash
    It would carry more weight if it was tax payers funds that were sent to these unit trusts, etc.

Apprentice
    vCash
    First time Poster here, some will already know of me.

I have asked this elsewhere and I will ask it here too. Can anyone explain to me why the ARU put grass roots funding in Twiggy's "Extortion Package"?
    Was it only for WA grass roots or is it Australia wide?
    If it is for WA, does this imply that with the Force gone, are the ARU division of EvilCorp are planning to drop Grass roots funding and programs in the West as it is no longer required and provides a handy cost cutting opportunity?
    The alternative is even darker, and implies a genuine extortion attempt by the ARU that the AFP really need to get involved with.

Second point is the whether the Senate are looking into the suspicious timing of the 5 to 4 plan. Remembering that SANZAAR are made up of member unions who would have made a collective plan to make the change. Did this occur before the forced sale of the Force IP on (un)just terms.

There is much talk here but none I could find in the terms of reference.

vCash
    Hi Timbo, the Inquiry has scope to cover any other business which it has got to that point. The Senate are looking in to the all important timelines.

vCash
    Can someone please post a detailed transcript on here of what Clyne says to the senate inquiry tonight? I unfortunately cant get the time off to listen between 4-5pm so will miss the bulk of it but it would be good to know what Clyne has to say for himself.
    Much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimboL View Post
    I have asked this elsewhere and I will ask it here too. Can anyone explain to me why the ARU put grass roots funding in Twiggy's "Extortion Package"?
    Was it only for WA grass roots or is it Australia wide?
    Nothing much to go on to answer that question. I think I remember Senator Reynolds hammering the point a few times last Wednesday, she didn't get very far, but she's certainly of the mind that any savings from culling the Force will be used to prop up the other Super Rugby franchises and repay "ARU debt" (her words, not mine.....Willy Puller bristled at the suggestion that the ARU had any debt, maybe she misspoke, maybe she didn't understand the complex financial minefield, maybe she just wanted to poke the bear who knows? One things for sure, the 6 Million dollars per year to grassroots is pretty much exactly what they think they're going to get out of killing a team so I would think it was a smartarse's way of saying "more than you're prepared to give bucko".....in the end, they had to eat shit and try to pull out a different excuse why it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by TimboL View Post
    Second point is the whether the Senate are looking into the suspicious timing of the 5 to 4 plan. Remembering that SANZAAR are made up of member unions who would have made a collective plan to make the change. Did this occur before the forced sale of the Force IP on (un)just terms.
    THis hasn't been so obvious in the questioning, I assume it's in there somewhere but maybe it's more difficult to get any traction after a supreme court ruling in favour of the evil empire. On your point of SANZAaR being made up of member unions, if you've been reading on this for a while you'll have read my posts about the five weeks....I think that's critically important because NOTHING HAPPENS IN SANZAaR IN FIVE WEEKS, holy hell it took them three weeks after the assassination of the Force to publish a fixture that contained fifteen teams that they knew since April would not change!

If anybody thinks that the ARU weren't at least thinking of nuking the Force whilst they were negotiating that agreement they haven't really been watching have they?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Can someone please post a detailed transcript on here of what Clyne says to the senate inquiry tonight? I unfortunately cant get the time off to listen between 4-5pm so will miss the bulk of it but it would be good to know what Clyne has to say for himself.
    Much appreciated.
    It was up on the Inquiry website the day after the last hearing.

vCash
    her words, not mine.....Willy Puller bristled at the suggestion that the ARU had any debt, maybe she misspoke, maybe she didn't understand the complex financial minefield,
    She was pretty clear when she was questioning Pulver about debt quiet rightly as they had been banging on about getting close to insolvency with the continuation of five teams.

Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast