Page 114 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

  1. #1696
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    vCash
    5078000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    From the Australian- The Victorian government today will announce a massive rugby union deal that will bring Test matches to Melbourne on an almost yearly basis, but which also targets grassroots rugby, in particular the Pacific Islander community.
    In the past 8 years (2010-2017) Melbourne has hosted 6 Wallabies Test matches, including one Bledisloe Test and one Lions Test. In the prior 8 year period (2002-2009) Melbourne hosted 8 Wallabies Test matches, including one Bledisloe Test - there was no Lions tour of Australia in the period 2002-2009.

    So it is simply business as usual for International Rugby in Melbourne for the next 8 years.

    The main difference in the next 8 year period (2018-2025) is that as a result of the now poisonous relationship between the ARU and the WA Government, the WA Government will probably not fund any Wallabies Test matches in Perth after the Bledisloe Test in Perth in 2019. That leaves the ARU with the problem of having to find a State or Territory Government who is willing to fund domestic Wallabies Tests to the same level that the WA Government has been doing for the past 20 years.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by FingerTips; 27-10-17 at 23:24.

  2. #1697
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    In the past 8 years (2010-2017) Melbourne has hosted 6 Wallabies Test matches, including one Bledisloe Test and one Lions Test. In the prior 8 year period (2002-2009) Melbourne hosted 8 Wallabies Test matches, including one Bledisloe Test - there was no Lions tour of Australia in the period 2002-2009.

    So it is simply business as usual for International Rugby in Melbourne for the next 8 years.

    The main difference in the next 8 year period (2018-2025) is that as a result of the now poisonous relationship between the ARU and the WA Government, the WA Government will probably not fund any Wallabies Test matches in Perth after the Bledisloe Test in Perth in 2019. That leaves the ARU with the problem of having to find a State or Territory Government who is willing to fund domestic Wallabies Tests to the same level that the WA Government has been doing for the past 20 years.
    and the WA Government won't be interested in a test match next year.

    I have just looked up the Fountain Gate Secondary College (located in the same area that has the shopping centre of Kath and Kim fame). They are using tax payer's money as a tool to put in to an elite 7s academy for a school that doesn't compete in the VSRU XV a side competition. http://www.fountaingatesc.vic.edu.au...by-7s-academy/ http://vsru.sportzvault.com/ Typical of an organisation that lacks credibility. If they had any and didn't sell the team to a failed businessman who burnt money that was supposed to go in to Rugby they would be putting it in to:
    - Mentone Grammar, Ivanhoe Grammar and Thornbury Darebin Secondary College to get them back in to the schools competition.
    - Traditional clubs like Box Hill, Northern (formerly Northcote) Kiwi Hawthorn and Moorabbin are in dire need of funding for facilities and their Rugby programs. They are struggling to field grades as it is. Kiwi Hawthorn aka Boorandara were relegated several years back due to the fact that they didn't meet the criteria to play in the premier 1st Grade competition. Part of that criteria to compete was to field a certain number of grades and a colts side. Box Hill's clubhouse was refurbished by generous people from Melbourne Rugby Club whose hard work weren't recognised by individuals running Box Hill.
    - Schools like Fountain Gate should be linked with clubs who play in a far stronger competition. A 7s academy with state of the art facilities that are unlikely to be used for XV a side Rugby is pure fantasy.

    They won't support their own and it is disgusting that they are pumping it into a school that doesn't play the game.

    Due to the use of taxpayer funds and not coughing up the monetary value of the 'deal' this needs to be reported to the Auditor General.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  3. #1698
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    5164000
    Waiting for our friend over at the Roar to reply to a barrage of posts putting the boot in to the Vic Government, Rebels and ARU

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  4. #1699
    Rookie Markos2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Mount Lawley
    Posts
    121
    vCash
    5006000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    They won't support their own and it is disgusting that they are pumping it into a school that doesn't play the game.
    I am betting that was a Vic Government requirement rather than an ARU decision.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #1700
    Veteran sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,786
    vCash
    5256000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Waiting for our friend over at the Roar to reply to a barrage of posts putting the boot in to the Vic Government, Rebels and ARU
    There you go, that didn't take long. They are at it hammer and tongs

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

  6. #1701
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    490
    vCash
    5078000
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    There you go, that didn't take long. They are at it hammer and tongs
    Trolling the Trolls.
    Goes against the general rule of "Don't feed a Troll" but nice all the same!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #1702
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Trolling the Trolls.
    Goes against the general rule of "Don't feed a Troll" but nice all the same!
    It's great backing TWAS in to a corner than pounding him.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  8. #1703
    Veteran Contributor hertryk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Devonport Tasmania
    Posts
    4,881
    vCash
    5000000
    Just read the posts on ROAR... well done guys... I was impressed.. and couldn't add anything myself except to agree with you all

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #1704
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    674
    vCash
    5536000
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Just read the posts on ROAR... well done guys... I was impressed.. and couldn't add anything myself except to agree with you all
    Good work Bakkies, AndrewM and others. Good idea to post the links and refer to to Inquiry submissions, which means some readers other than the Trolls, will read the submissions.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #1705
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Good work Bakkies, AndrewM and others. Good idea to post the links and refer to to Inquiry submissions, which means some readers other than the Trolls, will read the submissions.
    Cheers, I like Gazza's style

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  11. #1706
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    5164000
    Apparently Gary Gray's firm SMC Strategies Pty Ltd played a part in securing 4.5 million from Visit Victoria for the 'new' Rebels. Time to start looking at those books

    According to their website Gary Gray's son Dylan was working for Imperium Capital Group as a senior executive with the Rebels restructure in 2015 and is now working with his old man's consultancy firm. Apparently he has extensive senior executive experience in U.K., North America, Europe and Australia along with playing some pro Rugby in England and Australia. Pretty impressive CV for someone who is only 32/33 and only has a Bachelor of Business in his back pocket.

    ABN checker says they have a holding company called Sporting Management Concepts Pty Ltd with other entities

    Senator Reynolds has her answer staring her straight in the face.

    https://www.smcstrategies.com.au/bios

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bakkies; 29-10-17 at 04:11.

  12. #1707
    Rookie jackster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    5108000
    some of his results driven success was found pulling beers at various pubs and drinking establishments, not sure the degree was completed ..

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jackster; 29-10-17 at 04:29.
    truth triumphs

  13. #1708
    Veteran Bakkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,439
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    some of his results driven success was found pulling beers at various pubs and drinking establishments
    Who Dylan Gray?

    Just gets better the Rebels had a then 30 year old lead their restructure for a mate of his old man while Gary was on the VRU board 'trying' to offload them to a 'private' buyer no wonder Winney walked away

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'


    https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

    Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

    https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

  14. #1709
    Rookie jackster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    5108000
    No his father, Gary Gray was on the Rebels Board trying to offload them to his mate

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    truth triumphs

  15. #1710
    Rookie jackster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    91
    vCash
    5108000
    And Rob Clarke was also on the Rebels Board until 1 May 2015 - not sure why he quit the Board then - maybe he thought it wouldn't look good

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    truth triumphs

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-08-17, 18:06
  2. Rugby terms
    By andrewM in forum Rugby
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 18-07-13, 10:23
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-03-11, 11:04
  4. Inquiry into QLD Rugby Union grant
    By pieter blackie in forum Queensland Reds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-12-09, 18:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •