• Be going to the Test as a Springbok Supporter in Blue

12 8.16%
  • Be outside protesting

13 8.84%
  • Be watching at a pub or clubhouse

3 2.04%
  • Be watching at home or friends house

25 17.01%
  • Not be able to watch (ie not protest related)

10 6.80%
  • Be meh...

4 2.72%
  • What Test?

25 17.01%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallabies v Springboks 2017

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    It's not Australia, it's the ARU (and by definition certain other unions).

Don't disrespect the anthem, or the players.
    Agreed. The on-field team aren't the creators of this, the off-field team are.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If you want to be really offensive, chant Force during the national anthem.

But even I'm concerned that might be a bridge too far.
    Yes I think that chanting during the anthems will just make us look ignorant, but plenty of chanting before anthems and during game is good

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    Agree what you're saying there.
    Whats the best tv impact?
    1. Fill nib with blue as far as possible
    2. Simple force chant at anthems kick off any kicks at goal.
    3. Progress onto fuaru. Will need to start from shed i suggest
    4. Get behind tv panel post game. Drown them out with force chant. Banners.. etc. Will need a good 100 to 200 people. Most likely at north west corner of ground in alcohol free section. Worked great in Sydney after lions game.practically shut down broadcast. Nothing anyone could doto stop if enough there.
    Agree with everything except chanting during both anthems

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Anthems are sacrosanct! We are not bogans!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Anthems are sacrosanct! We are not bogans!
    Well... I am

vCash
    Bound to be one or two that slip through the net! 😃

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash

Important announcement re the Wallatahs game tomorrow

Hi all,

The Save the Force FB group are organising a march to NIB tomorrow. Rough details as follows:

Meet at the Brisbane hotel at 5pm and then walk to the stadium chanting "FORCE, FORCE, FORCE!!" and then start a Mexican wave at some point."

Hope to see you all there dressed from head to toe in FORCE blue!

https://www.facebook.com/events/115403369181545/?ti=icl

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    WALLABIES great John Eales believes a Senate inquiry into rugby is needless while skipper Michael Hooper is adamant the remedy to ease the code’s pain is simple ... win.

Both leading figures were at final training in Perth on Friday focused on a fascinating Test against the Springboks but spent much of their time fielding more questions on the Western Force saga.

For Saturday night’s Test to be cathartic in any way to deal with the pain and anger in Western Australia, the Wallabies have to win well.

The non-performing South African side of last year carried the unwanted tag as the Boks responsible for “the end of an aura” such was the decline in results (eight losses), kicking standards and even their renowned physical presence.

They have done much to repair that sorry state with a five-win run and Hooper is well aware the Wallabies are in for a classic stoush that can ease some of the pain felt by Force fans.

“We represent Australia and we have the control to change and help people’s moods and feelings towards everything,” Hooper said of forging a victory.

“(We want fans to) wake up on Sunday morning just stoked to be Australian and we’re fully aware of that.”

Eales is a director on the Australian Rugby Union board that made the tough decision to cut the Force from Super Rugby and volunteered to put himself in the firing line of questions at a Friday rugby lunch for the University of WA.

He openly questioned the Senate inquiry that has been ticked to examine the state of the code in Australia with focus on the transparency or lack of it around the ARU’s decision to cut the Force.

“I would seriously question whether there is a need for that (but) it’s not me making that decision,” said Eales, a two-time World Cup winner.

“I know that there is nothing the ARU or the ARU board has got to hide.”

Eales said a detailed timeline of events and financial modelling published on the ARU’s website since late Tuesday provided answers.

“We’ve published everything. Go through that timeline and there’s detail,” Eales said.

Eales said the Force issue and the Wallabies playing in Perth were separate and he encouraged the right backing for the national side.

“It’s important that people can express themselves and if they come out in their Western Force blue, that’s a great thing too because it’s a strong community here in Perth,” Eales said.

“The Wallabies will know, whether they’re out there in the blue or gold, they’ll be supporting Australia.”

Animosity towards ARU heads Bill Pulver and Cameron Clyne when they attend the Test is likely.

“It’s hard to anticipate what things will be like. Everyone involved in this, on every side of the issue, you’ve got people who have put their heart and soul into the game and that’s the tough thing,” Eales said.

“Everyone is doing what they think is right and, yes, you have issues where there are going to be conflicting views.”

Flanker Hooper said the Wallabies had not been distracted by the Force drama this week when fixing key on-field issues like restarts and making 20-year-old reserve hooker Jordan Uelese feel at home before his Test debut.

“It hasn’t been swept under the rug by any means. It impacted all of us, but those directly impacted we offered our support to,” Hooper said.

“Despite the tough times over here in WA, we’ve had some great support this week when going out to schools or around training.”

After his fine performance against the All Blacks in Dunedin, backrower Sean McMahon can help set the standard again for the influence and second-efforts of the forwards.

McMahon had been on for only a few minutes as a replacement in Perth last year when he made a leg-pumping surge through five Argentinian defenders to set up a key try for Will Genia.

“Here last year that was one of the best runs I’ve seen from a Wallaby player ... he beat like 10 defenders on a charge coming off the bench,” Hooper said.

“Seany’s strong in the tackle, strong making his tackles and he’s good over the ball as well. That’s nothing new and he can have a massive influence when he gets that right.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/j...094c51e5f515e4

vCash
    Rumour has it that Clyne is in town? Question: at the end of the game, if he presents the MOTM award or whatever, do we turn our back on him?

Champion
    vCash
    All well and good wallabies great John Eales but it wasn't your team that was cut was it!

vCash
    “I know that there is nothing the ARU or the ARU board has got to hide.”

Bet that got loads of laughs at the brekky yesterday. So what's been on going since April. You lot been playing hide n seek from each other in St. Leonard's.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Real leader: This has been an unfortunate time and the ARU has made mistakes in its handling of this situation. Even though I feel we have nothing to hide, I welcome the opportunity for reflection and objective feedback.

Poor excuse for a leader: I don't think that's necessary.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Someone with something to hide: move along, nothing to see here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Hey, it's noon the Thursday before the test match in Perth.

Did I miss the notification about the Fan Day for the Wallabies' open training session??

I'm expecting there to still be one as I've listened to the ARU's assurances that all pathways will still be available.

After all they had an open session in (Penwith - Oops) Penrith with the Sydney Test.

(Sorry - Confused by my Family Tree research on Cornwall )
    Hi at the lunch yesterday I asked Nick McArdle about no open training session and a missed opportunity for the kids in WA to have a signing autographs session....answer...."it must have been an over sight"......another question I asked was why the tickets in Sydney were reduced by 50% and nothing like that here, because the tickets to the game tonight are outrageous... answer - "They needed to sell more tickets in Sydney to recover costs and to fill the bigger ground...." It is just is beyond words.. I'm sure our lovely Alison can think of a few

vCash

A Call to Arms for the TV!

Hi all,

Ch 10 are wanting to do a preview story before today's game. I've arranged to meet them at the Ch 10 studios in Subi for 1pm. If any of you are free and want to come and show your passion for the Western Force, please come down!! We need as many as poss and as much noise as poss!

All in blue please!!

Alison

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast