Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Forrest hits back at Australian Rugby Union claims about Western Force axeing

Champion
    vCash
    They have an answer for everything!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So where's the doc Twiggy based this accusation on?

Anyone seen it?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    I am sure that anyone who manages to find the document will post it on here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Clyne
    “Around this date, ARU commenced discussions with the Melbourne Rebels owners with a view to assessing the option of acquiring the Melbourne Rebels licence. These discussions were confidential so we are not able to disclose the exact details. The Western Force Super Rugby licence was owned by ARU.
    Despite denying doing exactly that.

How can we trust anything this man says?

C'mon the

vCash
    Is there any chance that the ARU and VRU colluded to engineer the sale from Cox to the VRU (with a certain breed of vermin acting as a go-between) so as to finally clear the way for Clyne to get rid of us?

I would not put anything past this bunch of self-interested, forked-tongued vipers.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It's very obvious that is exactly what happened Alison. In fact it's pretty obvious to everyone around the country who's interested in the matter. Just about every move they made right from the time they bought the licence is bloody obvious. But they are determined to wriggle, obfuscate, flat out lie at every stage and don't seem bothered what anyone thinks of them. Legal technicalities will decide our fate.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Is there any chance that the ARU and VRU colluded to engineer the sale from Cox to the VRU (with a certain breed of vermin acting as a go-between) so as to finally clear the way for Clyne to get rid of us?

I would not put anything past this bunch of self-interested, forked-tongued vipers.
    Alison , I tend to agree that this needs to be investigated . Pulver and Clarke certainly knew the details of the Put option agreement that was exercised and they knew that Cox wanted to offload his rebels holdings - they were unable to buy it from him - but why did he sell it? And why did he sell it that week? What other transactions were negotiated at that time? It has already been revealed that Gary Gray received a percentage ownership of the melbourne rebels for his part in arranging the original sale of the rebels to Cox - and now both he and Rob Clarke are receiving payments for their advice and assistance to the new rebels CEO!! Almost immediately the ARU gifts the wooden spooner Genia!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

When questioned at the time by media, Clyne went to great lengths to state that he was not aware of any negotiation or transfer of license between Cox & VRU.

One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    When questioned at the time by media, Clyne went to great lengths to state that he was not aware of any negotiation or transfer of license between Cox & VRU.
    Yet the VRU were in almost daily communications with the ARU about this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Yet the VRU were in daily communications with the ARU about this
    Fixed it for you lou...no charge

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Australian Rugby is dead. The behaviour of Clyne, the lack of cameraderie from the other unions, RUPA, the behaviour of the national coach. It's fucked. Why bother supporting or being a part of such a dishonest and dysfunctional setup.

The only way AUSTRALIAN rugby can get out of this is to dissolve, and start again from scratch. Just like soccer. And in some aspects like VFL morphing into AFL.

No more NSW and QLD running the show. No more pumping national cash into state comps (is Shute Shield). No more national coach being sole selector of the national team. No more national coach disgracing himself, his position and the country with his disgusting behaviour and embarrassing utterances.

And no more bankers or lawyers on the national board.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    So where's the doc Twiggy based this accusation on?

Anyone seen it?
    I think the wording of the statement pretty much will show the ARU that its genuine.

Perhaps not releasing the document is to protect the Unnamed Sauce?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    THe IP doesn't mean that much Ex, the ARU had a hold of the Rebs IP before they acquired ours. the real issue is the Participation deed, they've given every other frnachise money in bucketfuls without requiring their participation deed (license) however when they forgave debt for the Force (was it late last year) they took control of the license and spruiked the deal as the beginning of a new centralised contracting and management model.

The IP rights stuff adds nothing to the discussion the fact that the only team who had to sell their license to get a loan is the one that shortly thereafter was shitcanned is where the real shoddy trading is involved.
    With respect GIGS I disagree.

THE IPR's gave the ARU the legal avenue to kick us out.

If the RugbyWA still retained the Force IPRs they would be in the exact same position as the Brumbies - Un-bootable from a legal point of view.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Ex, I think you are confusing Intellectual Property (such as the marketing rights to the Force logo) with the licence, which gives the right to participate in the competition. They are two different things. If the appeal is successful and the Own The Force only buys the licence but the ARU keeps the IP, then they get all money from merchandising, but we get control over our participation.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    In many ways the vision presented in the Alliance agreement makes a lot of sense. It consolidates those activities that, if performed well, would benefit from centralisation.

The problem is that a lot of those activities (such as ticketing) have not been performed well. And as we have seen, one party to the agreement hasn't acted in good faith. And that's before we get onto the topic of whether the same party engaged in unconscionable conduct, deception and fraudulent misrepresentation.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast