Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Injunction / Appeal hearing - Rugby vs ARU! 23.08.2017

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Its the new Aftershave by Aaron Smith

Attachment 5014

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    for what it's worth , I think it's time that RugbyWA and RUPA called an EGM - and voted the Board out. Replace it with an interim Board made up of State member Presidents till Christmas time and use the time to reinstate the Force - call in the forensic accountants and re boot the strategy with some funding from Twiggy, but others too. You need to get an alliance on board with the other states - no one wants to be associated with this clusterf*&k Board.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    lou47 a Rebel supporter has summed up the Force situation in a nutshell on G&GR:
    I suspect that may be the Lou who has started posting on here.

ETA: in fact, the post immediately before this one!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    for what it's worth , I think it's time that RugbyWA and RUPA called an EGM - and voted the Board out. Replace it with an interim Board made up of State member Presidents till Christmas time and use the time to reinstate the Force - call in the forensic accountants and re boot the strategy with some funding from Twiggy, but others too. You need to get an alliance on board with the other states - no one wants to be associated with this clusterf*&k Board.
    However, that assumes that the voting members will vote to remove the ARU board. The NSWRU, QRU and ACTRU may be quite happy to see an influx in Super Rugby players from Perth and additional funding for their grassroots; also, the voting members might not want to remove board members who they probably lobbied to get onto the board in the first place.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    However, that assumes that the voting members will vote to remove the ARU board. The NSWRU, QRU and ACTRU may be quite happy to see an influx in Super Rugby players from Perth and additional funding for their grassroots; also, the voting members might not want to remove board members who they probably lobbied to get onto the board in the first place.
    I think there might be a bit of a backlash against things like a Senate Inquiry and possible costly legal action.

THe Brumbies for certain won't want anything looked at by a legal body, I'm sure there's still some skeletons hiding there!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yeah saw that somewhere too but can't recall where.
    On a toilet wall?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    yes, and I am disgusted by the ARUs actions

vCash
    I have to check how the vote would need to work - majority or fixed percent of votes, and do the other states and territories get a vote . It's certainly worth thinking about. The ARU works for the member unions and so must be held to account for their actions.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I love how Clyne is saying that he only just got elected back in this year so why should he go. The election was the day after the now infamous 24-48 hour press conference in April. I think some members may have had a considerable change of heart.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I still have to check the ARU constitution but I think each member state gets a vote - and you should start with garnering up support from SA, NT and TAS, who, collectively, from memory received funding for community rugby less than Pulver's annual salary!! , so , a little injection from TF for new club house / coaching / uniforms / whatever - could surely shore up their support. IMO the ARU are picking off the states one at a time - they tried Force and Rebels - couldn't get Rebels this time, but got Force (hopefully not) - next Rebels in 2020, then community funding to reduce for SA, NT and TAS. This is not a time to think 'oh we should not antagonise the ARU or they will cut our funding' - they are going to cut your funding either in real dollars or nominal value of dollars. By the way Victoria IMO would vote with you on this because we know i. we were on the chopping block and ii. we will be again in three years time if this Board stay on. ACT are on their knees financially, so their vote would be worth something, and even NSW could do with a cash injection - lets be honest, all the member unions could do with more than their few million distributed to the member unions and affiliated unions.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by lou; 24-08-17 at 19:38.

Champion
    vCash
    We need to plan and in doing so not make any calls unless we are certain of the outcome. RUPA and VRU called last EGM and were rolled on resolution to keep 5 teams. They did not have QRU, NSWRU, ACTRU in the bag. We could not support the motion to call the EGM at that time, because the outcome was not assured.

Community Clubs across ALL of Australia need to understand that their Governing body ( ARU) sold them on the Idea that going from 5 to 4 would save $6.0 million per year over the next three years which Cameron said would be re-directed - or much of it - to Grassroots.

Andrew offered up to $50 mil. most to go to Community. So, whether you play for Hawkes bay, Randwick, Glenelg, Woolongong, Townsville, Kalgoorlie or wherever, your ARU turned down more than double the savings previously budgeted for. Go figure???

So, if the clubs of Australia are happy with that, they will remain silent and like lemmings head over the cliff. the alternative is for the clubs to let the ARU know they are not happy.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    We need to plan and in doing so not make any calls unless we are certain of the outcome. RUPA and VRU called last EGM and were rolled on resolution to keep 5 teams. They did not have QRU, NSWRU, ACTRU in the bag. We could not support the motion to call the EGM at that time, because the outcome was not assured.

Community Clubs across ALL of Australia need to understand that their Governing body ( ARU) sold them on the Idea that going from 5 to 4 would save $6.0 million per year over the next three years which Cameron said would be re-directed - or much of it - to Grassroots.

Andrew offered up to $50 mil. most to go to Community. So, whether you play for Hawkes bay, Randwick, Glenelg, Woolongong, Townsville, Kalgoorlie or wherever, your ARU turned down more than double the savings previously budgeted for. Go figure???

So, if the clubs of Australia are happy with that, they will remain silent and like lemmings head over the cliff. the alternative is for the clubs to let the ARU know they are not happy.
    The state franchises had a chance for ALL to stand together at the beginning of this which would've likely derailed the ARU plot, but they all turned deaf and dumb! I have no sympathy for them, the Force will come out stronger and self sustaining while they wallow in hope of ARU leavings. The Force have opted to take control of their own destiny one way or the other, so let the states decide for themselves if they have the courage to make their own stand.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Wayne Smith saying judge not confident he will have a ruling as soon as next week!!

That does not fill me with much hope to be honest.
    His phone will be ringing all weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    No. Justice Hammerschlag is attending the golf course today. He may hand down a decision this week, but it is unlikely.
    Fixed it for ya. No charge

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    However, that assumes that the voting members will vote to remove the ARU board. The NSWRU, QRU and ACTRU are happy to see an influx in Super Rugby players from Perth and additional funding; also, the voting members might not want to remove board members who they probably lobbied to get onto the board in the first place.
    Fixed it for ya, no charge

Sheesh I need to get a copywriting job instead of being gainfully underemployed

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast