Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Save the Force Rally - This Sunday 20th August

vCash

For those who are interested: My speech from this morning's rally

Well good morning rugby family! Good morning FORCE family!!

I am here this morning to share with you my rugby story as a passionate – some might say obsessed! – rugby fan and extremely proud member of the Sea of Blue.

As you can tell from my accent, I grew up in England. My interest in rugby began early through my beloved dad who was – like many Brits at the time – completely captivated by the sublime Welsh rugby team of the 1970s.

But it wasn’t until I moved to the English city of Bath in 1990 that my life as a rugby tragic really began. So many epic, edge-of-your-seat games. So much singing and shouting that I was hoarse at the end of every match. The sheer elation of being part of the crowd. The feeling of utter joy after a win; and the hangover after one too many beers after a tough loss!

When I moved to Perth in 2003 and discovered that there was no elite rugby played over here I was a bit lost.

So when the Force arrived on the scene in 2006 I was ecstatic! When I heard the news that we had won the licence, I ran around my office screaming, “we’ve done it, we’ve done it!!” – much to the bemusement of my AFL-mad colleagues!

My love of the Force, together with the incredible friendships I have made because of the Force – both in WA and on the east coast – make it impossible for me to put into words how utterly distraught and betrayed I feel about the ARU’s decision to toss us on the scrap heap.

The Force – OUR Force – backed by the WA government, WA businesses and the WA community – has delivered so much since getting our licence in 2005. We have punched well above our weight despite being given little more than distain, disregard and disrespect by the so-called AUSTRALIAN Rugby Union. They have thrown banquets for NSW, QLD and now VIC while expecting us to deliver greatness on nothing but crumbs and the smell of an oily rag.

The pride I have for this jersey, the love and respect I have for these players, and the sheer joy I get from this fabulous game of ours in WA is without parallel.

There is something very special about being able to support your local team in a competition that not only spreads across the whole country but also much of the Southern Hemisphere which, let’s face it, is where the best rugby in the world is played!

There is nothing better than the roar of the NIB crowd when the Force score a try. There is nothing better than chanting Fo-or-ce at the top of your voice when the boys are attacking the try line. There is nothing better than sharing a common passion, enjoying the camaraderie and being part of the fantastic sea of blue.

How dare the ARU destroy all of that in such a callous manner!

How dare they destroy the hopes and dreams of players and fans in such a heartless and disrespectful way!

How dare they rip the heart out of a community that has done all that was asked of it in 2005, and more!

How dare they shun and betray a part of the country that has done more to grow and nurture the game over the past 12 years than any other community outside the NSW and QLD heartlands!

Whatever faith I had in the ARU to be the “keeper of the code of the game of rugby in Australia”, to live up to the objects of its own constitution, and to deliver the goals in its current strategic plan, has been reduced to ash by the white hot fury I feel about what they have done.

Yesterday, I read in the Fin Review that ARU Chair, Cameron Clyne, is coming to Perth for the Wallabies v Boks game at NIB on 9 September. Much as I am loath to line the ARU’s pockets with another cent of my hard-earned money, I feel that we MUST show up to that game in our droves dressed head to toe in our Force blue.

With the international TV cameras there, what better way to show how much OUR Force and OUR Force players mean to us than to fill NIB stadium with a sea of blue for a Wallabies game!

As my time is about to run out, I just want to end with a huge thank you to Minister Murray, Mr Forrest, Mark Sinderberry, the Rugby WA board, all the Force sponsors and all the supporters for everything you have done and are doing for our team, our game and our fantastic State of WESTERN Australia!

May the FORCE be with us. ALWAYS!

17 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    The idea of the Force/WA starting our own breakaway rugby comp really seems a fantastic way to compete, I'd take Twiggy in a Packer style comp over the shit organisation of the ERU any day of the week! With Twiggy/Stokes & our own consortium of WA millionaires, that opens up a big window.
    Then we can have a WA Barbarians team v the Wallabies beat the pants of them and tell the FUARU our boys aren't available to play for the Wallabies!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Well good morning rugby family! Good morning FORCE family!!

I am here this morning to share with you my rugby story as a passionate – some might say obsessed! – rugby fan and extremely proud member of the Sea of Blue.

As you can tell from my accent, I grew up in England. My interest in rugby began early through my beloved dad who was – like many Brits at the time – completely captivated by the sublime Welsh rugby team of the 1970s.

But it wasn’t until I moved to the English city of Bath in 1990 that my life as a rugby tragic really began. So many epic, edge-of-your-seat games. So much singing and shouting that I was hoarse at the end of every match. The sheer elation of being part of the crowd. The feeling of utter joy after a win; and the hangover after one too many beers after a tough loss!

When I moved to Perth in 2003 and discovered that there was no elite rugby played over here I was a bit lost.

So when the Force arrived on the scene in 2006 I was ecstatic! When I heard the news that we had won the licence, I ran around my office screaming, “we’ve done it, we’ve done it!!” – much to the bemusement of my AFL-mad colleagues!

My love of the Force, together with the incredible friendships I have made because of the Force – both in WA and on the east coast – make it impossible for me to put into words how utterly distraught and betrayed I feel about the ARU’s decision to toss us on the scrap heap.

The Force – OUR Force – backed by the WA government, WA businesses and the WA community – has delivered so much since getting our licence in 2005. We have punched well above our weight despite being given little more than distain, disregard and disrespect by the so-called AUSTRALIAN Rugby Union. They have thrown banquets for NSW, QLD and now VIC while expecting us to deliver greatness on nothing but crumbs and the smell of an oily rag.

The pride I have for this jersey, the love and respect I have for these players, and the sheer joy I get from this fabulous game of ours in WA is without parallel.

There is something very special about being able to support your local team in a competition that not only spreads across the whole country but also much of the Southern Hemisphere which, let’s face it, is where the best rugby in the world is played!

There is nothing better than the roar of the NIB crowd when the Force score a try. There is nothing better than chanting Fo-or-ce at the top of your voice when the boys are attacking the try line. There is nothing better than sharing a common passion, enjoying the camaraderie and being part of the fantastic sea of blue.

How dare the ARU destroy all of that in such a callous manner!

How dare they destroy the hopes and dreams of players and fans in such a heartless and disrespectful way!

How dare they rip the heart out of a community that has done all that was asked of it in 2005, and more!

How dare they shun and betray a part of the country that has done more to grow and nurture the game over the past 12 years than any other community outside the NSW and QLD heartlands!

Whatever faith I had in the ARU to be the “keeper of the code of the game of rugby in Australia”, to live up to the objects of its own constitution, and to deliver the goals in its current strategic plan, has been reduced to ash by the white hot fury I feel about what they have done.

Yesterday, I read in the Fin Review that ARU Chair, Cameron Clyne, is coming to Perth for the Wallabies v Boks game at NIB on 9 September. Much as I am loath to line the ARU’s pockets with another cent of my hard-earned money, I feel that we MUST show up to that game in our droves dressed head to toe in our Force blue.

With the international TV cameras there, what better way to show how much OUR Force and OUR Force players mean to us than to fill NIB stadium with a sea of blue for a Wallabies game!

As my time is about to run out, I just want to end with a huge thank you to Minister Murray, Mr Forrest, Mark Sinderberry, the Rugby WA board, all the Force sponsors and all the supporters for everything you have done and are doing for our team, our game and our fantastic State of WESTERN Australia!

May the FORCE be with us. ALWAYS!
    Great job Alison! Great to see the rally getting a main headline on ABC news 24..

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    ABC News 24 is reporting the rally and the Twigster's threat (?) to start a breakaway league!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I was thinking about Twiggy's idea for an international league, which when he said it sounded ambitious.

But if his league gets teams in Fiji, Samoa and Tonga, the league can go to the IRB and say: "Look, we're improving rugby in the pacific islands, which SANZAAR isn't. The IRB has promised to support the development of rugby in areas below the Tier 1 nations. Can we have your recognition and access to the development funds?" The IRB would either have to refuse to support the pacific nations, or acknowledge that the ARU doesn't support rugby in all Australia.

Also, if the league got teams in Adelaide, Hobart and Darwin, then it'd represent the same number of states and territories (3 & 1) as the ARU!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Great job Alison. That you could read all that with hands shaking as much as they were was most impressive!Name:  IMG_1950[1].jpg
Views: 392
Size:  138.2 KB

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ecky; 20-08-17 at 19:11.

vCash
    Hahaha! Thanks Ecky - my heart was in my mouth for most of it!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Did anyone see the Man of the moment, Shane O'Neil?

vCash
    Isn't it strange that this rally and Andrew Forrest's letter have been reported on ABC, Ch10. SBS, Eurosport, Yahoo 7 (not sure abt 9) SMH, The West, The Roar, WA Today, Perth Now, ESPN, Rugby.com.au.............and of course The Oz

But not a peep from either Pandarum or Payton at the Telecrap or Courier Mail. A little strange. Especially as some on here had tweeted this stuff to Pandarum on Friday - and he's been on Twitter all weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Isn't it strange that this rally and Andrew Forrest's letter have been reported on ABC, Ch10. SBS, Eurosport, Yahoo 7 (not sure abt 9) SMH, The West, The Roar, WA Today, Perth Now, ESPN, Rugby.com.au.............and of course The Oz

But not a peep from either Pandarum or Payton at the Telecrap or Courier Mail. A little strange. Especially as some on here had tweeted this stuff to Pandarum on Friday - and he's been on Twitter all weekend.
    and I tweeted them throughout the rally, pandaram did like a Hodgo tweet I sent out so they are aware and know what went down

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Did anyone see the Man of the moment, Shane O'Neil?
    Yep, went over afterwards and congratulated him. Well done mate!

Last edited by SinBin; 20-08-17 at 22:10.

vCash
    Hi folks does anyone have any footage from the drone hoovering above????. Also lets go to Asia and the other not competing states with this development league, Like I said get Tony Fernandez and Richard Branson on board

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post

He has now: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...8559dccda35b22

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    He has now
    Well waddaya know

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast