Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe 1 - 19 August 2017

vCash
    I have now read about a gazillion comments on most sites. Most have pointed out the bleeding obvious, some are plain dimwit , FUBARU shills or trolls..... probably all three

Almost no comment on the elephant in the corner. Attendance was 54000 (at best), lowest ever, would have cost the FUBARU at least $3m. And almost certainly self inflicted with growing public disatisfaction through the schmozzle, the wallaby performance last year and this year, and selections of players and assistance coaches.

They are sailing towards a Lee shore

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    The Force boys all played well. Tafs was good when he came on, Coleman did a lot of good work in tight and Rona showed good urgency and was willing to get stuck in unlike his 12/13 combo inside him in the first half. How Kurtley got MOM is beyond me. The All Blacks ran in 5 of their 6 first half tries through our centres to effectively end the game by half time, not exactly best on ground stuff. Kerevi was dragged rightfully so and Beale is in the same basket as Genia, the ARU payed millions they don't have just to bring him back when Billy Meakes has been Aussies best 12 in Super Rugby and would have defended much better then Beale.
    Kurtley got his MOTM because he was destined to, they had talked him up all week. He missed a motzah of tackles. By the end of the weekend they will be convinced they had the match in the bag, and lonly lost due to ........."dilution", caused by you know who.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A lack of intensity by Rona.... Coleman and TPN are Tahs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Kurtley got his MOTM because he was destined to, they had talked him up all week. He missed a motzah of tackles. By the end of the weekend they will be convinced they had the match in the bag, and lonly lost due to ........."dilution", caused by you know who.

That didn't take until the end of the weekend - yesterday morning...................

Kurtley Beale says Wallabies' morale unharmed by All Blacks thumping

Kurtley Beale believes there is a good feeling among the Wallabies at the moment and says an improved second half showing has given them confidence they can take it to the All Blacks.

After trailing 54-6 at the 48-minute mark, the Wallabies restored some pride by scoring four second-half tries.........

A good feeling! FFS!! Going on that, they are gonna get an even bigger hiding in Dunedin. You can read the rest of the dribble here if you can be bothered.............

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-union...20-gy09uf.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Soooooo.....just like Tahrds supporters
    Tahs supporters probably need to turn up first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yep, I read that one and determined that was exactly the problem with Aussie rugby. If' they're not beaten up by getting an absolute pasting for 40 minutes and putting in a performance that could be argued as the worst in Wallaby History, then there's something wrong in the camp.

The All Blacks, in comparison, are publicly not happy with how they played, they're concerned that they were shut down in the second half and that showed a lack of mental toughness. I certainly hope Adam, Curtis and Taf are not infected by this mediocrity thinking! We need SOMEBODY in the Wallabies to honestly reflect on what happened, and at least the papers aren't talking them up ridiculously.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    The papers are blaming Rona and Kerevi.... everyone else was great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yep, I read that one and determined that was exactly the problem with Aussie rugby.

The All Blacks, in comparison, are publicly not happy with how they played
    If you mean the problem is that there are too many high paid blokes in a comfort zone, I agree. But there's obviously a lot more problems than that. Starting with those who pur them there.
    Michael Lynagh's post Test article spells out how they SHOULD be feeling. Kieran Read's sideline interview after the third Lions Test ditto. Though Read should have paid credit to the opposition instead of just reflecting on how disappointed he and all NZ were feeling. Winning is all that should matter.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Though Read should have paid credit to the opposition instead of just reflecting on how disappointed he and all NZ were feeling. Winning is all that should matter.
    Read has always been an arrogant flog who has never paid any credit to an opposition in a post match speech. Unfortunately, at this moment, the opposition don't deserve much respect so he doesn't look so bad.

C'mon the

vCash

That didn't take until the end of the weekend - yesterday morning...................

Kurtley Beale believes there is a good feeling among the Wallabies at the moment and says an improved second half showing has given them confidence they can take it to the All Blacks.

After trailing 54-6 at the 48-minute mark, the Wallabies restored some pride by scoring four second-half tries.........

A good feeling! FFS!! Going on that, they are gonna get an even bigger hiding in Dunedin. You can read the rest of the dribble here if you can be bothered.............

They should be feeling the opposite of good!! They should be wearing sack cloth and ashes and feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

You have to earn the right to be arrogant. These guys have not even started earning that right.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I can't believe the press aren't actually saying the same thing before, during and after the article! The Wallabies will never learn and half the trouble is they believe the press and the press seem to thrive on stroking their egos!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    You have to earn the right to be arrogant. These guys have not even started earning that right.
    Never has the term delusions of adequacy been more apt.

Grandiose delusions of adequacy!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I can't believe the press aren't actually saying the same thing before, during and after the article! The Wallabies will never learn and half the trouble is they believe the press and the press seem to thrive on stroking their egos!
    IMHO, the press are singing from the FUBARU hymsheet, they are working on the premise that it's more important to get punters to cough up the reddies to attend a match than it is to perform in said match. THey talk up a bunch of useless primadonna pretty boys, who prance around NSW doing all sorts of bullshit media appearances, with great social media following etc and name them so that the kiddies will want their selfie taken with 'nard Sanchez and Hoops (regardles of whether those boys actually even turned up at the game)

They know that the NSW crowd won't bother trudging all the way out to Homebush to watch a team of "foreigners" lose a Bled Cup match, but they might just make the journey into the wilderness to see their favourite waste of $880k get spanked in a gold jersey. and putting that together is a helluva lot cheaper than building genuine talent and skill!

Only a couple of Mill a season, whereas fixing Aussie rugby will cost a lot more than that, and won't see a dividend until our current 11 year olds are playing for the Wobs.

I'm liking the idea of qualifying WA boys to play in Japan more and more!

C'mon the

vCash
    I have read several articles over the last 24 hours that have slammed the Wallabies, the defensive system and, in one, the old boys network that has led to this sense of entitlement. Ironically, good news.

The Wallabies played like absolute shit for 50mins and the ABs will be royally pissed that they took the foot of the throat for the following 30. I can't see them giving an inch in Bled 2.

I also find it incredible and amazingly arrogant that Cheika, Grey and Larkham have defended the ridiculous defensive system that tries to patch over people who can't, or won't, tackle. How bloody stupid that we continually shuffle a backline to hide poor tacklers, even ( the usually very tame) Laurie Fisher has put the boots into it today. Madness by the Wallabies caching staff. ABs by plenty again next week.

Pitchforks and torches may not be too far away for the current rugby establishment (he says hopefully).

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Macattack; 21-08-17 at 13:58.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    IMHO, the press are singing from the FUBARU hymsheet, they are working on the premise that it's more important to get punters to cough up the reddies to attend a match than it is to perform in said match. THey talk up a bunch of useless primadonna pretty boys, who prance around NSW doing all sorts of bullshit media appearances, with great social media following etc and name them so that the kiddies will want their selfie taken with 'nard Sanchez and Hoops (regardles of whether those boys actually even turned up at the game)
    Such as this:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...atable-coleman

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast