Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Spring boks - September 9 2017

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    The EARU don't give two shits about anything which happens outside of NSW.
    I wonder if anyone has the energy to use that? Perhaps they'd eventually give a shit about things that capitalise on that neglect and erode their position. Say WA disaffiliated to make it clear they aren't a national body. Then given the minimal support the ARU actually provide, the NT, SA and Tasmania follow suit. Victoria might follow soon enough the way they are going, and you'd be in a position to argue that they don't actually represent enough of the country to be the Olympic organising body. And with the hurdle I think being three states, they'd be getting pretty close to no longer being classified a national sporting body. You'd have to be setting something up in its place though, both structurally and financially..

It would take someone or a group who could really maintain the rage too, as it might take a little time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I wonder if anyone has the energy to use that? Perhaps they'd eventually give a shit about things that capitalise on that neglect and erode their position. Say WA disaffiliated to make it clear they aren't a national body. Then given the minimal support the ARU actually provide, the NT, SA and Tasmania follow suit. Victoria might follow soon enough the way they are going, and you'd be in a position to argue that they don't actually represent enough of the country to be the Olympic organising body. And with the hurdle I think being three states, they'd be getting pretty close to no longer being classified a national sporting body. You'd have to be setting something up in its place though, both structurally and financially.. It would take someone or a group who could really maintain the rage too, as it might take a little time.
    One representative from each state, call it rugby Australia transfer management of the wallabies, create a separate super rugby commission

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    We (the family) Don't want to support the ARU but....we want to support our Force players in the Wallabies.
    We don't feel that having them play to an empty stadium is a great celebration of their success and hard work at reaching the top. But we have no worries wearing our Force gear to show the ARU the reason we are here.

Come next year that will be a different matter.
    How about we try to persuade EVERYONE in the crowd to wear blue instead of yellow , neutral fans to wear blue, interested bokkies too. Much better look for th tv than burning stuff( unless it's a cold night )

vCash
    how about no one goes to the game that will be a clear message not a half arsed message from which the ARU still get revenue regardless of what shirt we wear That is half a million revenue gone right th
    ere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There are no seats worth $70 are there, I thought for $70 you had to stand.
    I hadn't looked at the tickets prices so went with a ballpark figure so you get the point.

Just had a look and the lowest ticket price is $60.

vCash
    Fuck off Cheika.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    have to feel for the Force boys playing in their own backyard with 99% of west aussies hoping you get smashed what has the ARU done

vCash
    I think that the article shows a boycott is the ONLY option.

vCash
    "The bigger concern of the Force news, said Cheika, was about ensuring hurt WA rugby people don’t leave the game"

More than 40 years of supporting the Wallabies and right now I couldn't give a rusty fuck about them.

Wake up Cheika you dickhead - how do you expect people who have put so much passion into the Force to respond when lies, deceipt and corruption have stolen our team from us.

Read Jargan's note above - that's how most of us feel at the moment when someone from " rugby's heartland" throws platitudes our way.

Champion
    vCash
    But wait more scouts for juniors in Perth woohoo life is great again. No respect for him anymore it died the day he first talked about this issue on kick and chase..

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    If the Wallabies want support and to make a stand against the actions that have taken place then I have a proposition for them. For this weekends Bledisloe Cup game the players will receive a match day payment of between $10k-$12k if they all put this money into Own the Force it would be between $230k and $276k and if they got smart using Twiggy's system then this could go as high as $299k. So are the players willing to take a stand, as up until now barring the Force players no one else has stood up at least not publicly? After watching Adam and Dane's interview yesterday I am left with no doubt that these guys have already sunk their own money into the Own the Force.

This would help repair the damage done by the ARU whilst the Wallabies will easily engage their fan base and get support for their actions both on and off the field.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    If tickets are already purchased the ERU won't give a stuff about the boycott they already have the money in their coffers.. It really makes sense to turn up in Blue and get the Boks fans to do the same.. that will be seen everywhere the game is shown and show support for the Force.. The tickets were expensive enough, and most of us are unable to thow the money away.. Wear Blue and FUARU and take banners into the game showing ones support for the Force. For those who haven't purchased tickes stage a protest outside the ground. Our Force Boys need our support for the hard work they have done.....

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    The Wallabies are our National Team representing Australia and made up of wonderful young men playing their best for our country.

We owe it to support them, to support our national team.

The world will be watching - some 100 million people. If stadium is empty they will just put it down to lack of support in Perth or bad weather or both.

If they see a stadium filled with Blue - then they will ask questions and those are the questions the ARU will have to answer.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fair enough Hans. I admit to thinking again about it after seeing Dane and Adam on TV. What I'd really like to see is some solidarity from their team mates. The suggestion that they donate $1000 each from their match payment to Twiggies 2 two for 1 offer would get a sold out blue stadium, I reckon. How about RUPA do something publicly positive and give that a push among their members?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast