Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    They need the extra $$ to pay for the new ARU HQ building??
    Oh yeah that. It's in the Allianz Stadium precinct isn't it? State of the art Rugby center included. Anyone we know around there that might, coincidentally of course, benefit from that, I wonder? It was originally supposed to be in the more central location of Eastwood. Available to club teams when not being used. Pity; could have been more accessible to, oh I don't know say Parramatta, West Harbour, Penrith. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm starting to form the opinion that Billy pulver resignation had been planned for the day that arbitration result was announced, regardless of which way the result went.

Solely to protect Clone and the faceless, opinion less, spineless board members hiding under his skirts.

Hopefully the application for right of appeal and injunction will be upheld. I reckon the ARU will tire of the fight pretty soon, either that, or their cries of poverty will begin to unravel.

The more times we can take this to court, the better for us imho.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    As Clyne said with his constant smirk in the press conference, the legal costs only matter if they lose. So let's just beat them even on a small issue and the ARU will be done.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    As Clyne said with his constant smirk in the press conference, the legal costs only matter if they lose. So let's just beat them even on a small issue and the ARU will be done.
    That's only partially true, they need enough money to get to the end of the case, which is why lots of big companies can get a favourable out of court settlement. ARU can't keep this going until the middle of next year, the court costs alone would start to hurt. Let alone the fact that an injunction barring them from killing the force would only need to be in effect until march for the force to compete next year. The fixture, ticketing, stadium bookings, etc will be in place before the end of September, they might be able to negotiate flexible arrangements up until the start of the season, but how would they change the draw once one team has played the force?

C'mon the

vCash
    What's to stop SANZAAR ignoring the proceedings and going ahead without us. Are they, as a joint venture, subject to the injunction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What's to stop SANZAAR ignoring the proceedings and going ahead without us. Are they, as a joint venture, subject to the injunction.
    Their offices are in Sydney right? So I assume they would be subject to Strayan law.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2404 View Post
    "In 2003, following Australia's failure to qualify for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, allegations of fraud and mismanagement were leveled at Soccer Australia by elements within the Australian Press including the ABC.

Sounds like a plan!! :-)
    Once you finished reading the Crawford Report, read the Garcia report, about the 2022 World Cup bids (under Lowy). It states that the "New Order" FFA paid a FIFA executive committee member, to vote for it's World Cup bid. A new board only introduced a new set of piggies to the trough.

vCash
    I'm starting to form the opinion that Billy pulver resignation had been planned for the day that arbitration result was announced, regardless of which way the result went.

Solely to protect Clone and the faceless, opinion less, spineless board members hiding under his skirts.

Hopefully the application for right of appeal and injunction will be upheld. I reckon the ARU will tire of the fight pretty soon, either that, or their cries of poverty will begin to unravel.

I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The arus power of veto, which I assume the injunction would require them to exercise. (speculation)

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    So just to be clear is Wednesday the last option we have? No government magic contract with the ARU and the money the WA government spent? What would need to show to receive right to appeal?

Player
    vCash
    What I found interesting is when the press conference had finished and De-Clyne was answering questions - a Journo asked him what about the support the Western Force has received.

He then became very defensive of the Rebels saying -Oh, they have been very vocal and spoken to us as well.

He looked like a school boy who had done something wrong and was trying to defend his actions.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

I thought Pulver had said that he would resign once a replacement had been found.

so there hasn't been an announcement of a new CEO - he is still in the job, for the moment.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Kerry Stokes has now come in to back the Force, Yay! The powers that be are coming out to support! Twiggy's been pulling some strings! Thank you god!

Apprentice
    vCash
    that's good news re Kerry Stokes - but I got the sense off kick chase this evening that next Wednesday is the last chance? (Canno did a great job) Are there any other avenues after that. I have just emailed all Federal WA based politicians with a letter asking them to raise the issue and the disgust of western australians and rugby fans in general on the floor of parliament.
    If anyone wants the list of addresses - happy to share them

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast