Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash

Another one bites the dust

So the two henchmen that visted perth in April to deliver us the bad news are both gone before the arbitration.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/todd-day-resigns-as-australian-rugby-union-chief-financial-officer-20170725-gxi6yo.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wow! That is very interesting news given all we know now about the finances!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet Man #2\
    Day and Clarke travelled to Perth in April to speak with the Force, who at the time were in the firing line to be cut from Super Rugby next season.

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't have an effect and take a toll," said Day of the ongoing Super Rugby saga. "There's an enormous amount of pressure put on key members in the ARU. We've tried to sort through a process as best we can. We're confident there will be a resolution.
    Poor Diddums, was it stressful for you when the Force management stood up to your stupidity and arrogance and refused to drop their trousers for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet Man #2\
    Asked whether Australian rugby was in a better financial position than when he took over the role six years ago, Day said the outlook was bright despite some bleak annual reports in recent years.
    Translating this into English, he's saying the Finances look bad now in comparison to former times (bleak annual reports in recent years) but there is expected improvement in the future (outlook bright)

Could the reason for the positive outlook be the resignation of a bloke whose key job it was to make the finances work?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Au revoir mudddafukkaaaaaa!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    "I made my decision several weeks ago" and given the process of contract negotiation for that kind of role, several weeks before that was the decision of looking to go ...!

vCash
    Another of the team that worked hard to make us #weakerasfour is gone.

Interesting how the old boys club appears to work, he is going to work for Matt Carroll another ex ARU employee.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Wonder if the pressure he mentions mostly came from the board after they were hoodwinked into believing dodgy cutting a team numbers and how easy it would be to do the cut.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Before joining the ARU, Day was the Waratahs CFO for five years.

eminently qualified!

vCash
    Should keep him in the comfort zone he's used to. Anything to do with the Olympics seems to get a gravy train boarding pass. Where to next - FIFA?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Should keep him in the comfort zone he's used to. Anything to do with the Olympics seems to get a gravy train boarding pass. Where to next - FIFA?
    He's not nearly corrupt enough for FIFA

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    WOW...so both men who were involved in the 10 April "consultation" and presentation in Perth as part of the simple 48-72 hour process are both gone.

That's really going to help the pending arbitration process - NOT!

The ARU - from one debacle to the next.

Last edited by andrewg; 26-07-17 at 09:36.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    WOW...so both men who were involved in the 10 April "consultation" and presentation in Perth as part of the simple 48-72 hour process are both gone.
    I wonder what is actually significant about this departure and Clarke's (Pulver's perceived successor). Both resignations were difficult for Pulver to accept and in both cases he tried to talk them around. That does not sound like either were pushed out the door. More like get out of here while the going's good??

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I wonder what is actually significant about this departure and Clarke's (Pulver's perceived successor). Both resignations were difficult for Pulver to accept and in both cases he tried to talk them around. That does not sound like either were pushed out the door. More like get out of here while the going's good??
    The going's good?

Puller trying to talk em around seems more like a "please dont leave me"

the more that happens makes me think this was more Clynes idea hence why he is in the front seat and Bill in the back. the rest were told what they needed to do and were assured all will be fine. Well it aint fine, so they're cutting and running. Clyne at complete desperation has said if he doesnt get this way he will quit (tantrum to the max, does he think he is that special).

Well ARU board good riddance, you completely ballsed up with more money

vCash
    I wonder what is actually significant about this departure and Clarke's (Pulver's perceived successor). Both resignations were difficult for Pulver to accept and in both cases he tried to talk them around.
    Puller is losing his cadre of support in the management team, He's already expressed a desire to see it through (or perhaps an inability to leave) until the deed is done. If it keeps going this way, he and Clone will be left to shoulder all of the blame for this mess.

I'm happy for that to be the case, As a matter of fact, if it all landed squarely in the lap of that duplicitous, petulant twat Clone, I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever, since he appears to be the main protagonist, with Puller playing the obsequient minion.

Of course the public face is not necessarily the true story, the puppet master may be well hidden in the shadows and waiting to reap the rewards of this debacle (who is running NSW Rugby right now, they'd be a good candidate)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Of course the public face is not necessarily the true story, the puppet master may be well hidden in the shadows and waiting to reap the rewards of this debacle (who is running NSW Rugby right now, they'd be a good candidate)
    Papworth.
    You have to wonder who here pissed him off so much that he went back to Sydney and made it his goal to get rid of the team he led so poorly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast