Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I do
    I think I love you

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Great atmosphere at the ground, lots of chanting and singing including "Pullvers a wanker" and "are you watching ARU" Tah's looked completely lost and were outplayed in every area. Loved Hodgo's kids running around and Hunter was determined to give everyone a high 5 at the end of the game even though his Mum was calling him. Also Curtis Rona's Nanna dancing for joy and him saying "What are you doing Nanna?" The whole team, supporters and coaching staff showed what it was all about tonight and I hope the ARU sit up and take notice!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I was offering them for free to Tahs supporters as they were leaving the game!
    That would have been after the first 20 Minutes LOL!

vCash
    I can't wait to see the ruck stat's for last night. I thought it was great evidence of the wisdom of playing pilfering flankers.

Tahs weren't interested in earning anything before they went wide, our breakdown pressure (often with one or two) totally killed their momentum, making it easy to pick off their flat runners for a loss.

And cuts Rona looks great running in broken play, haven't seen an Aussie back draw and pass in way too long.

C'mon the

vCash
    We've had a lot of great wins over the years, but last night's game was just so sweet. 80+ minutes of complete euphoria and is why no one wanted to leave afterwards.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I watched Hooper closely during the match and was underwhelmed. One example: during Jono Lance's try Hooper ran parallel and made no attempt to catch him. Perhaps he had given up and just wanted to stop Jono from improving the position. But after the try was awarded he proceeded to whinge to the referee about something and then dropped his head, put his hands on his hips and walked away from his own players towards the posts.

Contrast this with Hodgo who, at the same time and while the kick was being taken, called his players back to mid-field to give them a pep talk.

Hooper may be a good player (especially if you regard him as a centre not a forward) but he is no leader. It concerns me that our national team is likely to be led by this petulant, self-entitled man child.

Last edited by SteveWA; 16-07-17 at 19:13.

vCash
    This photo!!!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  62.1 KB

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    never made it to the game but watched it of sorts via twitter and then you all home afterwards

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I watched Hooper closely during the match and was underwhelmed. One example: during Jono Lance's try Hooper ran parallel and made no attempt to catch him. Perhaps he had given up and just wanted to stop Jono from improving the position. But after the try was awarded he proceeded to whinge to the referee about something and then dropped his head, put his hands on his hips and walked away from his own players towards the posts.

Contrast this with Hodgo who, at the same time and while the kick was being taken, called his players back to mid-field to give them a pep talk.

Hooper may be a good player (especially if you regard him as a centre not a forward) but he is no leader. It concerns me that our national team is likely to be lead by this petulant, self-entitled man child.
    Watching the FOXTEL Coverage

I couldnt understand Hoopers chase of Jono Lance. Whilst running down the sideline - he put his head down like in making an effort. But never looked at Lance. Never closed the gap. Never drifted across to fall in behind Lance. Was the weirdest thing

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe he should have joined the 5 Tahds doing running practice up and down the field after the game whilst Hodgo was walking around signing absolutely everything put in front of him.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Force send off a club legend in style…

NICK WASILIEV

This year has been an absolute shocker for Aussie rugby. With one exception. The massive improvement of the Western Force. They have embodied so much of what rugby should be about. Passion. Playing for your teammates.

When I look back on any positive moments of this year, I’m going to think of the final minute of this game, when Matty Hodgson stepped to the tee to kick his first (and only) penalty of his career, and his dad Max being helped up from his seat to watch.

We’ve been asking for passion all year. You want to see the difference passion makes to rugby? It makes you score 29 more points than the opposition.

THE MATCH
    The rain was pouring down at the Force Field at kick off, and the 10,384 fans who braved the conditions were treated to an emphatic first half. Just the sight of Matty Hodgson running out onto the field for the last time, holding both his kids was worth the price of admission. Then the match kicked off.

First minute. Try to the Western Force. And how fitting it was that it was two of their best young finds, Curtis Rona and rookie Alex Newsome who combined to put the home side in front. The stage was set.

From this moment on, the Waratahs looked shellshocked. I would have feared for any team going onto the pitch that night against a Force club this pumped up. But add in the fact the Tahs had been playing like rubbish all season, and things were already not looking for them. Bernard Foley kicked a penalty to reduce the margin back to four, but only a few minutes later they found themselves back down on their own tryline.

Once again, discipline proved costly, with Jake Gordon being sent to the bin. Then, the Force really rubbed their face in it, with Tatafu Polota-Nau reaping the rewards to a brilliant orchestrated rolling maul. Try time.

At the 34th minute, a scrappy period of play led to Marcel Brache rolling over the line to score. The TMO ruled as a try, and the Force had scored three tries in the first half to already have the bonus point. But they weren’t done yet.

Two minutes before halftime, the Tahs looked to have worked their way into the Force’s half, stringing together some phases. Then, the men from the west made mince meat of their attack, and passed it out to Jono Lance, who found himself on the wing. He was able to outrun Tahs captain Michael Hooper to score the fourth try of the game. The crowd were going nuts. You couldn’t be scripting this game any better as a send off for Hodgo. The Force went into halftime with an emphatic twenty point lead, and the emotions were already flowing.

Halftime: Western Force 26 – 6 NSW Waratahs

The Tahs already looked like they’d given up when they came out onto the field for the second half. If they weren’t thinking it at the beginning, they definitely were at the 44th minute. Straight out the gate, the Force worked their way into the Waratahs half, and managed to pull off one of the best attacking scrums I’ve seen in a long time to see the Waratahs cough up the ball.

Who grabbed it to score the try? Who else? Matty Hodgson. That was it. It was already game over. The crowd had lost it. The Force boys were all over it. Even the usually reserved Dave Wessels had completely lost it up in the coaches box. The Tahs had done themselves no favours, but this night was never going to be for them.

The Force were in complete control for most of the second half, which was capped off by two penalty kicks by Jono Lance to stretch the lead out to 31 points. Things were really looking ugly for the Tahs.

They did however finally manage to grab a consolation try in the 75th minute to Hugh Roach, but the Force fans didn’t even want to give them that, as judged by the roar across the crowd.

But the Force boys were not going to let the Tahs have the last say on an emphatic victory. They worked their way into the Tahs half and finally won the penalty in front of goal. Matty Hodgson stepped up, and with his family watching, and the roaring fan base applauding him, he summed up his career in one kick. The Force may have had plenty of ups and downs, but no one can ever fault the man himself. For every game he played, he nailed it.

Fulltime score: Western Force 40 – 11 NSW Waratahs

The Tahs were, once again, woeful. They had their own farewells but, lets face it, it was never gonna be their night. They finish with their worst season in their history, and in my opinion, thoroughly deserved it.

But even Tahs fans have to admit, this was the Force’s night goddamn it! What a statement! In doing the match preview for this game, it was hard for me, a Brumbies supporter, to try and be balanced, because in all honesty I wanted the Force to win. The lads on our podcast who are die-hard Tahs supporters thought the Force would win. I even saw a couple of Kiwis wanting the Force to win. Even Tahs fans who commented online wanted the Force to win.

Because they deserved it. Because they have always been a passionate club. They have always been an underdog. But, they played out of their skin this year to prove they have what it takes to be in this competition. They may not have made the finals, but the Force earnt something big last night: respect from everyone in Aussie Rugby. Even the diehard eastern state rugby puritans can’t take that away from them. If that was (and I seriously hope it isn’t) the last time we see the Force take the field, then they went out fighting, and fighting hard.

For me personally, there was never any doubt in the my mind, but this has only confirmed it: The Force must stay (and that’s not me saying the Rebels should go by the way, I’ve always been a supporter of five teams, even after this year). The fact we even saw billionaire Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest chatting to the squad and pledging to ensure the clubs survival says to me (I hope) that last night was not a ending. That occasion didn’t feel like an ending of a club to me. It felt like a beginning.

Finally, it is important to remember that it was Hodgo’s night too. The man is a machine. He has been the face of this club all of it’s history, especially in the face of so much plight this year. He is the Western Force. A man who strapped on the boots and was all about the club. It’s men like Hodgo who serve as a reminder of how good it is to play this game, and how important it is. He won’t be forgotten anytime soon. Thanks for the memories mate.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    never made it to the game but watched it of sorts via twitter and then you all home afterwards
    Thanks for getting us all to and home from the game Happy.

Player
    vCash
    This feeling we are all sharing will only ever be bettered by when we win the super rugby grand final
    But I just think we won something , and shared so many things last night far more important than that
    -
    And to do it with the rest of the tv world looking on was just perfect

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Thanks for getting us all to and home from the game Happy.
    didn't take the risk,we drove instead!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast