Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force V Waratahs Saturday 15th July 5.45pm

vCash
    So VRU are 'scrambling', won't pay out any financial support, which is what the Rebels feed off/are surviving on, and why is the 'wealthy syndicate' only coming out now? Why would any sane businessman buy this kind of investment? Honestly, I'm amazed that at least Sinders and the Rugby WA actually got out and thought through a financial plan, the fans/community have been fighting since day 1, yet the Rebels have stood back on their heels & just cruised along (whinging) and made no truly proactive action but sat back waiting for the knight in shiny armour to come to the rescue. I did feel some compassion for them as no team should get cut, but for Christs sake wouldn't you make a bit more of an effort?! When the going gets tough........ you have Hodgo!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And could Stirzacker at least look a little bit upset at losing again?! Instead of .... aw, yeah it's happened a bit this season. (Seriously.....?)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    yes it does look like a desperate scramble by the VicRU

However the issue of ARU approval is significant - would seem like absolute madness for them to approve it................. but, hey it is the ARU, so they probably will. If they do it becomes even more obvious that it is the Force they want to remove. Bloody lunacy.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The move comes amid reports that Cox is in negotiations with the ARU and the Victorian Government about relinquishing his hold on the struggling club.
    Cox, who bought the Rebels licence for $1, previously offered to sell it back to the ARU for $4.75 million.
    This one.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    The question that becomes really important for me now relates to the criteria the ARU will use to make its decision. Every man and his dog supporting the Rebels has been relying on being privately owned. If that protection is now gone the ARU will come under more scrutiny to be transparent. I don't believe they will; they can't if they want to vote to support a club with lower attendances, poorer financials and less juniors than the team they want to axe. Interesting times ahead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    the ARU will come under more scrutiny to be transparent. I don't believe they will;
    I think they will have to be. The extent of their financial errors in Melbourne are completely exposed. The people in the East that brought the pressure to bear over the wastage and the inattention to the grass roots of the game won't cop that any longer.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    And could Stirzacker at least look a little bit upset at losing again?! Instead of .... aw, yeah it's happened a bit this season. (Seriously.....?)
    I think he is already mentally checked out. The is something culturally wrong with the Rebels, I mean, they are 6 years in an I think their only foundation player is Laurie Weeks I think?

We have Hodgo & Pek yet have been going 5 years longer.

Rebels truely are a Melbourne team, they talk the talk but when push comes to shove there is very little substance there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    he's just trying to deal with the depression the rebels are feeling, no one could feel as bad as they feel surely?. Apparently they lost all their games due to the uncertainty surrounding their future - must be terrible to feel like that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    The question that becomes really important for me now relates to the criteria the ARU will use to make its decision. Every man and his dog supporting the Rebels has been relying on being privately owned. If that protection is now gone the ARU will come under more scrutiny to be transparent. I don't believe they will; they can't if they want to vote to support a club with lower attendances, poorer financials and less juniors than the team they want to axe. Interesting times ahead.
    This has always been the stopping point! WFS the criteria? Why did the Brumbies get through? Why was it the Force not the Rebels?
    WHAT EVER HAPPENS I THINK WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO KNOW,
    Ps FUARU

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Matt Hodgson paying $23 for first try scorer and $5 to score a try at any stage during the 80 minutes.

vCash
    If this is the last game, I worked out how many kilometres I have traveled to watch the force play over the past 12 years. It's a small number of 213,000kms.

It has gone some way towards lifetime qantas club membership and liver damage.

That doesn't include the 4,400km round trip to be at NIB tonight.

14 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    hey does any one know if there's another curtain raiser this week?

I can't see one mentioned on https://www.westernforce.com.au/...

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    hey does any one know if there's another curtain raiser this week?

I can't see one mentioned on https://www.westernforce.com.au/...
    RugbyWA State Juniors Championships.

U16s - starts at 3:30PM at NIB.

Player
    vCash
    Where are you selling the stickers? Can't find you

vCash
    I'm sure people have asked this already, but does anyone know of a website where I can stream the match today.
    I'm stuck in a lovely, quaint English village who's inhabitants don't seem to have heard of cable tv......

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast