Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Round 10, Where The Surprise Is That There Will Be No Surprises.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Round 10, Where The Surprise Is That There Will Be No Surprises.

Back to club rugby this week.

Nedlands v Wests will be a blood bath with Neddies celebrating the return of their eleventy million Force players and Wests wondering why theirs have up and left. Nedlands by 35 points.

Perth v Wanneroo. Perth will overcome. Perth by 15 points.

Cottesloe v Palmyra. Palmyra will be told that Erasmus and Havilli can't play. Palmyra by 12 points simply because of the strength of their reserves.

UWA v Kalamunda. Kala will smash the students. Their two new recruits from Palmyra will be rushed into the firsts and from the sidelines the signals will all be green Kalamunda's way. Kala by 40 points.

Associates v Joondalup. Joondalup by 3 points. Because at least the brothers will have supporters there to cheer them on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    On another note, can I suggest that clubs give out McDonalds Kiddie Meal vouchers to opposition players rather than provide them with meals after the game?

There's a much greater chance these days that the voucher will be redeemed, than that the opposition will hang around for the presentations and the meal.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    On another note, can I suggest that clubs give out McDonalds Kiddie Meal vouchers to opposition players rather than provide them with meals after the game?

There's a much greater chance these days that the voucher will be redeemed, than that the opposition will hang around for the presentations and the meal.

In my experience most of the home teams don't hang around either

vCash

You are like a broken record Fulvio! Just get over it mate.....

vCash
    OK, OK.

But my concern is, for once, genuine.

Clubs have this perception that it is protocol to provide a substantial meal for those players from both sides still there after the last game.

This, practically, means that clubs cater for 50 plus people.

Some clubs go to a deal of trouble and expense. Joondalup, Perth, and Associates come readily to mind.

To leave the clubs with 30 plus meals untouched is, to my way of thinking, disrespectful at best, and contemptuous at worst.

If the opposition is not going to be there after the game, they should at least notify the host club beforehand accordingly.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well, based on what you say regarding clubs providing meals, I 100% agree with you that Pally should have been notified by the other club that the players would not stick around after the games(Guessing that it could have been due to the Force game afterwards) but nevertheless a notification would have avoided the expense and effort on top of the wastefulness.

I simply was not aware that providing food was common practice at prem clubs.

vCash
    Clubs have this perception that it is protocol to provide a substantial meal for those players from both sides still there after the last game.
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    I simply was not aware that providing food was common practice at prem clubs.
    And that, right there is the issue.

Is it a widely accepted practice that every team understands or is it something that some clubs see as a responsibility of hosting a match and others don't.

Surely it wouldn't be hard for all of the clubs to have a chat and determine whether it's a courtesy or a requirement?

C'mon the

vCash
    By the way, for those that aren't aware, the club meals are provided at no charge. It is a matter of courtesy and reciprosity. All prem clubs do it.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio - Back in my day!!!!

Actually this is a serious issue in Community. I'd love to find a solution or three. On some days, a club would be lucky to have a member who could play a musical instrument so there was a bit of entertainment. Other days, we asked visiting clubs in a letter beforehand to PLEASE Please stay behind and followed this request up on game day. Partners and bubs meals were also provided.

The positive aspect of staying behind is the value in networking. Chatting with home players, you can find the sparky or painter you were looking for and if you timed your visits after a few reds were consumed, a request could get you a better seat or bed on a flight home or away.

We have lost the value in friendship and chatter after a game. Yes, we lead busy lives, but for 20 days in a year, enjoy your passion with like minded hosts.

P.S. Pally put on sensational meals free of charge and after a heap of frothies, Fulvio will provide pro bono advice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    P.S. Pally put on sensational meals free of charge and after a heap of frothies, Fulvio will provide pro bono advice.
    The question is, After he's liquored up, do you want it?

C'mon the

vCash
    Do you even want it BEFORE he's liquored up?

vCash
    Back in the day Murdoch had the best post-match catering. Likely due the influence of a couple of stalwarts with rugby heritage/pedigree (one of whom is now a Neddies stalwart). Rocky was also good value, particularly pre- and immediately post-move. Cott used to have a bloke or two with a guitar; not sure if they still do as I haven't been there at the end of a prems match for quite some time.

Paly was also pretty good for a post-match fang & drink, as were Baysie.

I don't tend to be at grounds during/after prems matches much these days, so can't comment on the now.

Champion
    vCash
    Back to club rugby this week.

Nedlands v Wests will be a blood bath with Neddies celebrating the return of their eleventy million Force players and Wests wondering why theirs have up and left. Nedlands by 35 points.

Perth v Wanneroo. Perth will overcome. Perth by 15 points.

Cottesloe v Palmyra. Palmyra will be told that Erasmus and Havilli can't play. Palmyra by 12 points simply because of the strength of their reserves.

UWA v Kalamunda. Kala will smash the students. Their two new recruits from Palmyra will be rushed into the firsts and from the sidelines the signals will all be green Kalamunda's way. Kala by 40 points.

Associates v Joondalup. Joondalup by 3 points. Because at least the brothers will have supporters there to cheer them on.
    Won't only be boar blood spilt on Saturday, haven't seen the lads train like they did tonight for a long time, lets get it on.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    OK, OK.

But my concern is, for once, genuine.

This, practically, means that clubs cater for 50 plus people.

Some clubs go to a deal of trouble and expense. Joondalup, Perth, and Associates come readily to mind.

To leave the clubs with 30 plus meals untouched is, to my way of thinking, disrespectful at best, and contemptuous at worst.

If the opposition is not going to be there after the game, they should at least notify the host club beforehand accordingly.
    I suspect this is a little dig at Wests. You probably weren't aware that the Force were playing the Highlanders with the kickoff at 5-45pm.The prem game finished at 4-30 so after a shower and quick beer the lads had bugger all time to get to NIB for kickoff. Agree it could be construed as disrespectful but that was not Wests intention and the circumstances were beyond anyone's control.
    Again I will say that club rugby should be either Friday night or Sunday when this clash occurs. RWA schedule it to accommodate and that's how it is, they don't ask the club's, they tell them.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    So Westy, how many stickers you reckon you will sell on the Weekend? Neddies and UWA have made a good start from what they have told me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast