Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Members Update

vCash
    Good to read something from the players' perspective.

PS I'm no fan of Tom Decent at SMH.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...21-gw9kai.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Im curious as to why the ARU who was espousing the 48-72 timeframe now want to avoid a court hearing and go to arbitration. Arbitration would drag out i would have thought longer than going to court. Are they trying to avoid an embarrassing court defeat? What happens when weeks of arbitration gets nowhere? Is the arbitration even binding, this could still be challenged by appeal i would have thought?
    Money? Arbitration would be cheaper in terms of legal costs??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Rebels players perspective. Our boys were still on NIB signing autographs after the Kings game when the decision was announced not all huddled in one room.

Champion
    vCash
    I did think the OTF had gone a bit quiet! I've done one share but still have to put the other $1000 for my other share.. will do in the next week! I think the ARU is putting all eggs in to winning in court and closing us down! Is there any movement/court proceedings in Melbourne? No news Leaks on this.. Doesn't seem to be a contingency plan at all if it's not us.

Champion
    vCash
    I still think that money in OTF can only be good in the terms of media publicity even if the ARU couldn't care less. Where is the money coming from for the legal challenge? I didn't mean to suggest in my previous post that diamond members hadn't bought shares, I assumed that many of them would be in business and might have contacts

vCash
    Has Cox said he won't sell the licence back to the ARU or that he won't sell it back to anyone?!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    I still think that money in OTF can only be good in the terms of media publicity even if the ARU couldn't care less. Where is the money coming from for the legal challenge? I didn't mean to suggest in my previous post that diamond members hadn't bought shares, I assumed that many of them would be in business and might have contacts
    The lawyers are working pro bono for us :-)

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Has Cox said he won't sell the licence back to the ARU or that he won't sell it back to anyone?!!
    Pretty sure he said or is reported to have said that he won't sell to anyone (inc ARU) if the end result is Rebels being shut down.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    For me, this is the most negative and depressing comment to have come from Rugby WA thus far in this shemozzle.

If the CEO of Rugby WA believes that one Australian SR team must be culled before the start of the 2018 season, then I think that he has to accept that a second Australian SR team will probably need to be culled prior to the 2021 season (after the new broadcasting deal, when the revenues may go down, and not up). So if the Western Force or the Rebels don't get the chop at the end of this season, then the remaining team is likely to get the chop at the end of the 2020 season.

The next observation is highly pessimistic - sorry.
    If and when the Force is chopped, then I hope that the ARU and its mouthpieces have the decency and the moral courage to be honest to the rugby community in WA and to refrain from issuing mealy mouthed platitudes about how WA remains important to them.

Instead, I hope that the ARU has the bottle to say what it really means when it culls the Force: i.e.
    "In culling the Western Force, the ARU's message to the rugby community in WA, to the sporting public in WA and to the Government of Western Australia is simple and unambiguous - f*ck off!".

If the Rebels are chopped, then please substitute VIC for WA and Victoria for Western Australia in the above.
    Mark is the CEO of the Force not RugbyWA.

I think you should listen to Hans on Alan Jones or the posts from General to get the perspective of RugbyWA.

Last edited by sandgroperrugby; 02-06-17 at 17:47.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Pretty sure he said or is reported to have said that he won't sell to anyone (inc ARU) if the end result is Rebels being shut down.
    He's a business man, of course he is going to say he's not selling. Else it hurts his negotiations. I would bet that he has a price in his mind that he would like and one that he would settle for. We just have to hope the ARU gets to it before the courts are done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agrugger View Post
    We just have to hope the ARU gets to it before the courts are done.
    Let's say the court hands down a decision in favour of Rugby WA. The ARU, sticking to it's oft stated position cuts the Rebels. Cox sues for damages and wins.
    So the damage has to be assessed. How much would that be, considering the Rebels financial history, dwindling support and lack of success both on-field and in terms of producing talent? I don't know but I would tend to think not a whole lot. Perhaps someone who knows this territory might correct me?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Mark is the CEO of the Force not RugbyWA.

I think you should listen to Hans on Alan Jones or the posts from General to get the prospective of RugbyWA.
    Just to clarify, the Members Meeting on Wednesday evening was convened by the Western Force and the opinions given in the meeting are those of the Western Force?

Today's article in the SMH says that "The Force have launched legal action against the ARU, claiming their alliance agreement binds them to Perth until the current broadcasting agreement ends in 2020, while Cox has threatened legal action." That should read "Rugby WA have launched legal action ..."?

https://thewest.com.au/sport/axe-mus...-ng-b88494616z

Champion
    vCash
    Sinderberry holds a dual role of CEO of both RugbyWA and the Western Force. He is piggy in the middle being dually employed by both, one is Rugby WA the other the ARU. I doubt he will be caught on recording bagging either side.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Sinderberry holds a dual role of CEO of both RugbyWA and the Western Force. He is piggy in the middle being dually employed by both, one is Rugby WA the other the ARU. I doubt he will be caught on recording bagging either side.

Interesting that he doesn't appear on the Rugby WA board page his is role a non director CEO?
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/staff-type/rugbywa-board

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Sinders is 1000% committed to us. Each day a whole heap of froth and bubble emanates from various journos earning a quid. We have the most amazing team. Our Lawyers are as committed. I went in to sign some docs and those working on our case are brainstorming every avenue, some that I did not even know existed. I must say, working with this legal team has even made me grow a teeny soft bit of admiration for Fulvio !!! - Do not tell him I said that!

The staff at HQ are putting in some phenomenal hours and effort, and what can I say about our team - in fact the whole team, coaches, players, support staff - legends - no other word to describe them.

Each one of the groups I have described above all say one thing though. OUR FANS, OUR SEA OF BLUE, OUR PASSIONATE SUPPORTERS ARE THE WIND BENEATH OUR WINGS.

Keep it going peeps, you de best.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast