Apprentice
    vCash
    Rona to tahs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    I know it is absolute shite from a Force perspective, but I am pleased for him, he deserves a team for 2018
    Is it? I'd rather the Rebels had 20 Force players than 10. The Rebels may as well be the Force. Same coach, same players. Will there be anyone at the Rebels who has been at the club longer than 2 years?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Rona to tahs
    Nice and handy to Rat's Arse HQ and his old boss un the bug office. Good luck to him. Still sucks though.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Is it? I'd rather the Rebels had 20 Force players than 10. The Rebels may as well be the Force. Same coach, same players. Will there be anyone at the Rebels who has been at the club longer than 2 years?
    Was that ever the case?

Their player retention has never been crash hot. Trash team culture that players seem happy to leave quite quickly after arriving for greener pastures.

Whether this changes with the influx of coaches and players from a team that has always been pretty good with core retention remains to be seen.

I would think the reason all our players have signed 2 year contracts would be to stop them doing the same come 2019 if the culture remains crap.

Player
    vCash
    But they are not the Force and never will be as they don't have the Sea of Blue!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Rona to tahs
    Really? I thought he was going to Rebels?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    He was linked to the Brumbies but now that squad is full the Tahs makes sense. McCalman will have to go there too as they need another backrow.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Hell no that would flood more actual Rebels on to the market that would likely drift off overseas and also further reward the Rebels for their mismanagement. Players are risking their careers going there due to the poor culture and finances.

The players that went to the Brumbies made the smart choice as there is more security and a settled squad there. The forwards will learn more off Palmer and Fisher (Gandalf) then they would in Melbourne. Over the years Melbourne have lost a shit load of forwards I say due to underpaying them while forking out for overrated backs like Beale, Cipriani (hasn't been the same since that broken leg) and O'Connor. Alo-Emile, Luke Jones and Hugh Pyle are doing really well in France. James Hansen is clearly looking for a release and I don't blame him. He should have got his manager on to the Brumbies last year as soon as Moore announced he was going to the Reds.

I would think the reason all our players have signed 2 year contracts would be to stop them doing the same come 2019 if the culture remains crap.
    Some are on three year contracts that end when the tv deal expires. Those on two years no doubt tied themselves in with the IPRC and RWC. If they aren't in the frame for Cheika's RWC squad they may as well get out of dodge and settle on their financial future.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    How is having the likes of Ruru etc being bench warmers in the best interest of Australian Rugby?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It’s not Andrew. Remember this was NEVER really about rugby. It was all about Melbourne craving desperately for success at anything sports-related, and the personal interests of the Clyne-North-Clarke-Gray cabal.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    How is having the likes of Sanchez etc being bench warmers in the best interest of Australian Rugby?
    Fixed it for ya

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    But they are not the Force and never will be as they don't have the Sea of Blue!
    That's not what I mean. I mean that if the Rebels are successful with the spine of the old Force (eg 20), it is proof the wrong decision was made. If the Rebels were successful with fewer (eg 10 or less), you could bet RA and the Rebels would be trumpeting about how the right decision was made. I'm pissed off enough as it is- that would push me over the line.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I would bet London to a brick that if the rebels have any success at all the ARU will bleat about making the right decision.

They could have 100% force players, coaches, administrators and strip and play out of nib stadium and the ARU would still say how wise it was to stick with Melbourne.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I would bet London to a brick that if the rebels have any success at all the ARU will bleat about making the right decision.

They could have 100% force players, coaches, administrators and strip and play out of nib stadium and the ARU would still say how wise it was to stick with Melbourne.
    Oh they will. The media too.

vCash
    But what's the baseline ... 28 - 0 to NZ from last year, anything of note will be spun towards the ESRU .. albeit by the time it happens there'll be no Clyne/ Pulver panto ... just leaves credit to be taken for their new bouncy castle.

Credit where it's due, if Dave Wessels pulls off some victories it'll be to him and the Force players, not what's left of the Rebels !

"The whole point of rugby is that it is, first and foremost, a state of mind, a spirit." - Jean-Pierre Rives

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast