Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Reason The Force Are Getting Boned

vCash

The Reason The Force Are Getting Boned

Foxsports have guaranteed the same / current TV dollars for 5 teams if ARU cuts to 4 - but only if ARU cuts Force.

Gives Fox an east coast comp only saving them mioney and consolidating ratings.

That's the reason for this whole saga.

Stooke must know it. Can only assume he's told the local executive.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hard to fathom why Fox commentators have been so vigorously pumping the Force then. If that's true we are probably dead in the water

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Shame this isn't Wikipedia, I'd be going with a quick edit for a [citation needed].

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well it will cost the ARU money due to the agreement that they had with us guaranteeing us survival until 2020

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSC View Post
    Foxsports have guaranteed the same / current TV dollars for 5 teams if ARU cuts to 4 - but only if ARU cuts Force.

I've obviously had too many beers! I just don't understand the reason. Ok they don't have to fly 1/2 doz and equipment to Perth 7/8 times a year but the loss of coverage and customers in WA I just don't understand! FI time for another!🍺🍺😀

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Why on earth would Fox prefer the ACT to WA?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Would be interesting to have a poll to see how many East coast rugby supporters have fox.. How many WA folk have fox just to see all rugby games,, And what % watch what games.. I watch or record all the rugby SR and Europe... Not saying I watch every game tho.. I am sure Wa has a great number who just have it for sport... Fox have local crews so they don't have to fly the film crews in just the wallies they have a commentators

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSC View Post

How did you find that out, LMSC?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I've obviously had too many beers! I just don't understand the reason. Ok they don't have to fly 1/2 doz and equipment to Perth 7/8 times a year but the loss of coverage and customers in WA I just don't understand! FI time for another!������
    I wouldn't have thought that Fox fly any equipment to Perth - don't they cover enough sport over here to have the cameras and equipment they need (basketball, soccer, tennis, cricket, motorsports, etc)? They fly the presenters in, but even then I think a lot of the time the main presenters stay in the Sydney studio and we only get the sideline presenters.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wouldn't have thought that Fox fly any equipment to Perth - don't they cover enough sport over here to have the cameras and equipment they need (basketball, soccer, tennis, cricket, motorsports, etc)? They fly the presenters in, but even then I think a lot of the time the main presenters stay in the Sydney studio and we only get the sideline presenters.
    You're 100% correct. I'm not sure of the company that provides the camera gear and operators but there's a couple of guys that work for them that I recognise all over the place be it Rugby, Cricket or AFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I've obviously had too many beers! I just don't understand the reason. Ok they don't have to fly 1/2 doz and equipment to Perth 7/8 times a year but the loss of coverage and customers in WA I just don't understand! FI time for another!🍺🍺😀
    There was a recent report that our viewer numbers for Fox Sports live rugby rates highly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    There was a recent report that our viewer numbers for Fox Sports live rugby rates highly
    Not for much longer it won't. I'm sure I won't be the only one cancelling my subscription after the last Force game if they axe us.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Not for much longer it won't. I'm sure I won't be the only one cancelling my subscription after the last Force game if they axe us.
    $9 for Netflix signed up already for my free month in anticipation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    $9 for Netflix signed up already for my free month in anticipation
    NRL Digital Pass $100 per year. Also Included data free in Telstra mobile plans.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Australia has again been revealed as the weak link in the SANZAAR relationship by bowing to pressure from several areas, including New Zealand, and agreeing to hand back one of its Super Rugby licences while getting nothing in return.

The Australian playing ranks were deeply angered when it was revealed the Super Rugby tournament would be cut back to a 15-team tournament next year and an Australian province -- almost certainly the Western Force -- would be axed.

The players will be furious to discover also that the Australian broadcaster -- Fox Sports -- told the ARU in recent days that its preferred position was the retention of the five Australian teams, including the Force, especially as Perth matches rated well on the pay-TV channel.

Super Rugby teams, including one from Australia, are to be axed after this season, governing body SANZAAR has announced.
    ESPN has been told by several high-ranking sources that Fox Sports executives were eager for a Super 15 format that excluded the three latest additions to the tournament -- the Jaguares, Sunwolves and Southern Kings. Fox Sports' preference is understood to be a competition involving five teams each from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. However, Fox Sports was told by ARU officials that "pressure had been applied" to get rid of one of their Australian teams. So Fox Sports relented, opting 'to fall into line'.

http://www.espn.com.au/rugby/story/_...ugby-franchise

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast