Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Was I All That Wrong?

Player
    vCash
    An extraordinary amount of money has come into the game in facilities and infrastructure for the benefit of community rugby. In no small part this can be attributed to the higher profile that rugby has thanks to the Force. $100m to upgrade NIB stadium, $10m Rugby HQ at Floreat which supports the great programs happening for player development. There are brand new grounds and club houses for community clubs including Rockingham, Mandurah, Southern Lions, Joondalup and ARKS.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash

Coaches for the Force

Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Fulvio I don't think we can estimate the amount of damage that has been done to the game by our last 2 coaches not only to us but Australian rugby in general. Like a dollar for how many players were told not required and look elsewhere and then show up in other sides killing it.
    Exactly Boof, once again we were told by those useless wa--kers at the ARU we had to install an Australian Coach, and Foley was toxic for Community Rugby inclusion and letting players go, Jake Ball being one, told he wasn't wanted and then goes to the UK and walks straight into the Welsh side playing all 6 nations games in his first season, Foley couldn't identify talent if it bit him on the arse. Prior to him we had Richard Graham, nice guy but totally out of his depth, but to appease the ARU we had to appoint an Australian Coach, talk about trying to establish a franchise, with one hand tied behind your back. The appointment of John Mitchell as inaugural Coach was a baffling decision to me as he came with baggage in his time at the All Blacks, as he had no people skills, a relative of mine worked in the AB's inner sanctum for 5 years and their comments were he'd create more problems than we'd ever need. The ARU has as Tony Haworth stated set us up to fail, maybe if we get our licence back and survive the powers that be need to take a harder line with Eastern States tossers and tell them where to get off, they think they own Rugby in Australia, but let's show them they are so very wrong.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Do we know how much autonomy Foles had while he was here? Could he have been coaching with the ARU pulling all his strings?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    An extraordinary amount of money has come into the game in facilities and infrastructure for the benefit of community rugby. In no small part this can be attributed to the higher profile that rugby has thanks to the Force. $100m to upgrade NIB stadium, $10m Rugby HQ at Floreat which supports the great programs happening for player development. There are brand new grounds and club houses for community clubs including Rockingham, Mandurah, Southern Lions, Joondalup and ARKS.
    Please PB why paint a picture of harmony when you have done absolutely nothing to support any of the above clubs
    All monies supplied by local councils for new community facilities required because of the population growth in the areas
    Do you in your perfect world believe your board had something to do with this please tell me how
    All clubs are championship clubs bar Joondalup that fell across the line due to the demise of rugby in the southern corridor and the criteria set for Joondalup to become a prem club was soon forgotten
    Now with all these wonderful facilities who is left to use them after your lack of support for the outer clubs that now struggle to field sides week in week out and let's go back to your previous post to Kev about how championship rugby required very little support as it was mostly required for prem clubs please correct me if I'm wrong
    RWA carry on about the pathway and how fruit full it is well you have dropped the ball big time and the proof is in the communit rugby every Saturday when teams are struggling to field teams but on paper you say we are growing
    You have missed the boat with the board as lacking enthusiasm and forward thinking to create a genuine rugby power house by sitting on your hands sipping SSB in your gold lounge at NIB while the likes of Arks Mandurah Rocky southern lions and Joondalup were treated with complete contempt during the influx of rugby families to this state never seen and not likely to be repeated
    But you now have the balls to use these clubs names as the hard work and development of RWA
    Before all the trolls start laying into me I would like to hear from hard working community rugby members from the above mentioned clubs and tell me of all the support they have had over the last 10 years j

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Sevenmile, much of what you say is fair comment, and I too would like to hear input from championship clubs, preferably from their officials with hands on experience.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Please PB why paint a picture of harmony when you have done absolutely nothing to support any of the above clubs
    All monies supplied by local councils for new community facilities required because of the population growth in the areas
    Do you in your perfect world believe your board had something to do with this please tell me how
    All clubs are championship clubs bar Joondalup that fell across the line due to the demise of rugby in the southern corridor and the criteria set for Joondalup to become a prem club was soon forgotten
    Now with all these wonderful facilities who is left to use them after your lack of support for the outer clubs that now struggle to field sides week in week out and let's go back to your previous post to Kev about how championship rugby required very little support as it was mostly required for prem clubs please correct me if I'm wrong
    RWA carry on about the pathway and how fruit full it is well you have dropped the ball big time and the proof is in the communit rugby every Saturday when teams are struggling to field teams but on paper you say we are growing
    You have missed the boat with the board as lacking enthusiasm and forward thinking to create a genuine rugby power house by sitting on your hands sipping SSB in your gold lounge at NIB while the likes of Arks Mandurah Rocky southern lions and Joondalup were treated with complete contempt during the influx of rugby families to this state never seen and not likely to be repeated
    But you now have the balls to use these clubs names as the hard work and development of RWA
    Before all the trolls start laying into me I would like to hear from hard working community rugby members from the above mentioned clubs and tell me of all the support they have had over the last 10 years j
    Maybe the clubs fell away in the southern corridor, but the fact they have recently put up goal posts at a public high school shows the interest has tapped into the youth. This would not have happened without the force.

Rookie
    vCash

Who Knows

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Do we know how much autonomy Foles had while he was here? Could he have been coaching with the ARU pulling all his strings?
    Who knows Allison, but after the bullshit we have seen coming from the mouths of Clyne and Pulver, nothing would surprise me with the ARU, as I've said before these tossers from over East think they own the game of Rugby Union in Australia, and we can't have the possibility of some upstarts on the West Coast possibly being better than us here in the East in 15 to 20 years time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    the trouble is,of course is the large number of players coming off contract this year-they cannot negotiate a deal with the Force(read ARU)
    because the future of the force is unknown-so what do they do?
    bugger off overseas I reckon for some-and then later down the track when if,halleluia we are still in the comp after all -we are left with half a team!
    I did hear a rumour that televisions in the NH are going 24/7 recording and playing back Australian rugby games and talent scouts are rubbing their hands together thinking this will strengthen there comps.. I agree this is hurting so many players and families of players.. Some could even go for cheaper deals but security to NH if this goes on till after the June dead line for SA.. If the SA reduce to 4 teams there will be a glut of players on the market.. Just think 120 odd players all looking for homes.. Do you wait or sign now..????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I did hear a rumour that televisions in the NH are going 24/7 recording and playing back Australian rugby games and talent scouts are rubbing their hands together thinking this will strengthen there comps.. I agree this is hurting so many players and families of players.. Some could even go for cheaper deals but security to NH if this goes on till after the June dead line for SA.. If the SA reduce to 4 teams there will be a glut of players on the market.. Just think 120 odd players all looking for homes.. Do you wait or sign now..????
    While the decision of which teams are going to get the chop seems to be getting drawn out, if I was a player playing for any of the sides under threat I'd probably do what's best for myself. If that means signing a 3 year deal overseas than so be it.

In fact I'd be looking overseas before another Australia side to shaft the ARU and according to Hansie's interview last week that is exactly what is going to happen.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'm surprised the Sunwolves haven't come looking around. There are a few players might find that an attractive option.

Player
    vCash
    Dear Sevenmile
    Yawn.... Another pretty meaningless and inaccurate diatribe. Is that the best you've got??
    A couple of questions and corrections.
    To be accurate.... I didn't say that I personally had done anything for that group of clubs. I said there were financial benefits for club facilities from having the Force.
    Its true that I usually support the Board, but I don't have one so accusing "me and my Board" of doing things is garbage.
    It is true that the RWA Pathway is delivering players into the Force and Wallabies. The RugbyWA Board and the Future Force Foundation deserve credit for that!!
    I never said anything about the relative level of support required by Champ clubs in any previous post to Kev.
    What is this SSB stuff you are talking about..... anyway I don't have gold seats.... I have two seats in the silver section.
    I never treat any rugby club with contempt.
    FYI I volunteered for 15 years on a club committee, coached seniors & juniors for 10 years, ran the bar etc.... Don't try and tell me that I don't understand the efforts put in by volunteers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I'm surprised the Sunwolves haven't come looking around. There are a few players might find that an attractive option.
    Gibson was playing up the value of the Sunwolves to the SuperRugby competition in the SMH today. The sensitive thing to have done would have been to STFU while fellow Aussie coaches and players' livelihoods are on the line because of the bloody Sunwolves. Good to see the "I'm all right Jack" mentality in Sydney hasn't been diminished by all this 🙄😡

vCash
    Gibson is as big a tool as anybody else who has ever been associated with the tahs.

It's kinda nice to watch them sucking so bad.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Gibson is as big a tool as anybody else who has ever been associated with the tahs.

It's kinda nice to watch them sucking as bad as usual.
    Fixed

Clearly the aberration was 2014

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Apparently the Tahs arrived on the training field today all holding one long rope. In the words of Pandaram, it was "a symbol of all being attached to rope and leaving past behind." FFS! This is rugby not bloody yoga!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast