Thread: I know how we can save the force but not many of you will like it.

Rookie
    vCash

I know how we can save the force but not many of you will like it.

The ARU need the Bledisoe in Perth. Crowd in Sydney this year will be lucky to get 35000.

The state government has to pull this off the table. I think a lot of people underestimate how much reveue plus government cash the Aru would make from this game in Perth, and even though we could have it every two eyars they will use it is a bargaining tool to get rid of the force.

We need to tell them that no force no test match with All Blacks, and not give a shit or get angry when that happens.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I was thinking we should go the other way. It appears our fight is against the Victorian Government. So we need the WA Gov to buy or provide funding for the Melbourne Bledisloe and Lions Games and bring them to Perth.

Its almost win win for the state government, they help support rugby here and they make money from tourism during the Lions game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Threatening to pull the Perth Bledisloe off the table is a no-brainer.

No Wallaby fan in Perth will go to watch it if the Force are canned anyway.

It will be an away game for the Wallabies.

But I would add that to the list, also offering to pick up the Lions match and the Melbourn Bledisloe should be part of the strategy.

IMHO, that's the only thing that is keeping the Rebels in the fight at the moment.

Last gasp scenario, buy the Rebels license from Cox and move it to Perth.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    I was thinking we should go the other way. It appears our fight is against the Victorian Government. So we need the WA Gov to buy or provide funding for the Melbourne Bledisloe and Lions Games and bring them to Perth.

Its almost win win for the state government, they help support rugby here and they make money from tourism during the Lions game.
    Also the bonus with having the lions game here is by then Perth will have the direct flight set up from England then so many of the European tourists will be stopping here first anyway.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If the worst happens I'll never watch anothe pro Rugby game. So - no problem there. This is easier for me to say than a lot of you, I know. I'll just switch completely Mungo. Enough live matches to keep me happy between trips for Origin and The Dogs.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'd like to see the State Government threaten to pull the funding going to the ARU for hosting the Bledisloe Cup game here in Perth. Will the ARU get other offers for it, they probably will.

But the amount of Gold will be replaced by Black if the Force are canned.

Like Shasta I would never watch a professional Rugby game again. No Super Rugby, No Wallabies Tests. World cup? Who cares. Sevens? Yawn, what else is boring.

Given Foxtel wanted 5 teams I'd probably keep my Foxtel, that and the fact that I follow enough sport to make it worthwhile. Fox League is amazing and I don't need to go anywhere near Channel 9!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'd like to see the State Government threaten to pull the funding going to the ARU for hosting the Bledisloe Cup game here in Perth. Will the ARU get other offers for it, they probably will.
    I reckon that suggestion would be worth a mention to the State Government.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If the worst happens I'll never watch anothe pro Rugby game. So - no problem there. This is easier for me to say than a lot of you, I know. I'll just switch completely Mungo. Enough live matches to keep me happy between trips for Origin and The Dogs.
    Yes me to Bunnies thru and thru

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!