Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Blue Rally

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    Can people not see that time is of the essence for this protest rally? Nobody wants to have a clash with finals but there is always going to be an overlap with something. The most finals will take away from the rally is 200 to 300 people at that time of day, lets not pretend there will be a 1000 people queuing up to get into tomkins park at 9.30 on Sunday.

Secondly this rally is not being organised by RugbyWA, it is being organised by a rugby fan who is actually doing something rather than complaining online
    Why not have the rally at the game - there is plenty of time between games for chants PR photos etc. What better way then the ENTIRE rugby community coming together, and a chance for some Force supporters who aren't engaged in Club rugby to see the best of the best play and hopefully result in them adopting a local club too.

Why shouldn't there be 1000 people lining to watch the colts final - right there, that assumption is everything that is wrong with rugby in our State and a big part of the reason the Force failed. Why aren't we encouraging everyone to go watch some the purest, most exciting type of rugby there is instead of talking trash about.

I am aware it's not being organised by RWA but they have actively promoted it, encouraging people to attend which is encouraging people not to go down and watch Grassroots rugby.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sorry Pruc, but it's not all about you or the colts. It's about the whole of the Perth community - playing and non-playing; rugby and non-rugby (believe it or not).

This had to be organised before Weds 23 August so that it happens before the Supreme Court appeal. Would be pretty dumb to hold it after then don't you think? Most people who work, work Monday to Friday. All school age kids go to school Monday to Friday. So, not much sense in holding it on Monday or Tuesday next week really is there?

Many people also work on a Saturday. Those who don't, often have household chores or elderly parents that need to be visited, shopped for etc etc on a Saturday.

Any reasonable person would see early Sunday morning as the best option for the majority of people.

P.S. what have you done for the save the Force, Perth Spirit, Future Force Foundation, campaign so far? I'd love to hear all about it.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    If time is of the essence have the rally on sat morning at Britannia where you have 1000 plus people already there. Many would have Force kit to wear.

How many people are honestly expected to turn up at 9.30 am on sunday? Less than 100 I'd imagine.

I'm sure the organizers are well meaning but they clearly are not connected to community rugby . I smell a train wreck coming round the bend.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Sorry Pruc, but it's not all about you or the colts. It's about the whole of the Perth community - playing and non-playing; rugby and non-rugby (believe it or not).

This had to be organised before Weds 23 August so that it happens before the Supreme Court appeal. Would be pretty dumb to hold it after then don't you think? Most people who work, work Monday to Friday. All school age kids go to school Monday to Friday. So, not much sense in holding it on Monday or Tuesday next week really is there?

Many people also work on a Saturday. Those who don't, often have household chores or elderly parents that need to be visited, shopped for etc etc on a Saturday.

Any reasonable person would see early Sunday morning as the best option for the majority of people.

P.S. what have you done for the save the Force, Perth Spirit, Future Force Foundation, campaign so far? I'd love to hear all about it.
    Like I said why not have it where THE WHOLE COMMUNITY can attend and support each other.

What I have I done... really?

My name is Hayden Croghan
    I play rugby and have done since I was 11 for Palmyra
    I coach rugby at both school and club as well as at representative level in this state
    I have sat on my club committee for 6 years (since i was 19)
    I run our clubs social media (among other things) which is the largest online presence in the state constantly promoting Western Force/RWA media
    I have grown up through the pathways that the force created for grassroots as a Junior player
    I bought owntheforce shares
    I am a foundation member of the WF
    I have been a member of this forum since I was 14

Does that answer your question. At no point did I say the march was a bad idea - but how about have it where the whole rugby community can be involved instead of segregating it - LIKE THE GRAND FINAL

I think I've done my fair share for rugby in this state.

PS. Even the ARU thinks I have done my fair share as I also won the 2016 HSBC ARU Youth Volunteer of the Year

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by pruc; 16-08-17 at 17:18.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash

I think the above really highlights the difference between rugby people and Force supporters. Rugby people (who are also Force supporters) go to rugby on Saturdays, not help old ladies with their shopping, do the laundry etc, plenty of other times for that.

A proportion of Force supporters aren't connected to the rugby community so probably didn't even know the local finals were on .

Ps Alison, if you knew pruc you wouldn't ask that question. The answer is a major contributor.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Ali, we obviously don't care for each other but I'm offering you the opportunity to - and genuinely asking you to - apologise for these comments as you 100% have no absolutley no idea what you're talking about at the moment.

I've never met pruc and I'm in Brisbane, but even over here with no connection to WA club rugby I know how off base you are with that post.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jono; 16-08-17 at 17:35. Reason: Went back to a G rating

vCash
    RIGHTO lets not start attacking each other abd the only mob mentalty i want see is against the ERU. SAVE IT FOR THE GAME. Obviously rhe rally has had to been rushed abd people are doing the best they can with what they have. Alison has done a huge amount in this debacle and to cop criticism for not thinking if everything in the limited resources/help she has, has understandably taken offense. Same as yourself Pruc. Lot of effort and as soon as criticism went your way offense was taken. Fair enough. Neither of you meant it. Lets call peace.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    RIGHTO lets not start attacking each other abd the only mob mentalty i want see is against the ERU. SAVE IT FOR THE GAME. Obviously rhe rally has had to been rushed abd people are doing the best they can with what they have. Alison has done a huge amount in this debacle and to cop criticism for not thinking if everything in the limited resources/help she has, has understandably taken offense. Same as yourself Pruc. Lot of effort and as soon as criticism went your way offense was taken. Fair enough. Neither of you meant it. Lets call peace.
    I meant everything I said.

vCash
    The march was organised for the following week then rushed forward for the court case. Rushed decision in no way trying to take away from club rugby. And to be honest since im out now on Sunday i might venture to my first ever club match. (Depending on the boss, a very cute adorable 1 year old daughter who needs her naps)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    I meant everything I said.
    Mate im not havin a go if that is how you interpreted. Your points are good valid ideas. My thoughts are now if we have 3 suppossed rallies and ppl turn up different places different times, we are stuffed. Im not on Facebook and i think that's where it was organised. Wish someone had spoken up earlier about brittania or the GF both good ideas. Obviously feedback was given that Sunday morning worked well with most. Location was chosen when the other date was in place (so no GF) it was an honest oversight

vCash

Way to marginalise the age group that is actual future of Rugby in WA. You know, the ones who might actually go through the pathway that were trying to protect. There are some damn good kids out there playing in this weeks Colts Grand Final.

For the record I won't be able to attend the rally. I will be down at Tompkins Park setting up the venue for the Grand Finals from about 8am.

Enjoy your shopping.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Is it a possibility to have it at the grounds where the clubs are playing?

Having juniors in the background is something that is in the foreground of everyone's minds.

Also are there any high profile people coming along. Ie sharpie, canno, the badger. Any west coast eagle, dockers, wildcats or netballers to name a few.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    The march was organised for the following week then rushed forward for the court case. Rushed decision in no way trying to take away from club rugby. And to be honest since im out now on Sunday i might venture to my first ever club match. (Depending on the boss, a very cute adorable 1 year old daughter who needs her naps)
    That should be the outcome - people that have never engage with Perth clubs getting to experience a fantastic day of finals. My grievance is with RugbyWA who could of suggested to the organisers that it is GF day and even talk to Palmyra about seeing if they would facilitate the march (which i am sure we would love to) at the Grand Final Venue. Instead they have just posted it to all their followers (majority players/coaches/supporters) that people if they want to support the Force they can't go watch club rugby - this has happened all too much which is one of the major reasons clubland was so disconnected to the Force for so long!

It's a simple solution move the march to Tompkins Park or as Darkness suggested Britannia on Saturday. We have all seen the footage of Shute Shield and the crowds they have been getting - imagine if we pull a crowd bigger then any WAFL crowd on the weekend with a mixture of club colours and Force Banners and jerseys (that is a much more collective and effective response to the ARU!)

vCash
    Chill dudes and dudettes, it's us against them, not us against us. We are all doing the best we can, its an imperfect world.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Chill dudes and dudettes, it's us against them, not us against us. We are all doing the best we can, its an imperfect world.
    Agreed. Alison, we are all hurting and angry, feels like you've been betrayed by your parents. We should be focussed solely on the aru.

Last edited by Darkness; 16-08-17 at 18:49.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast