Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hans Sauer fires up on Alan Jones show!

vCash
    Ever since Alan Jones basically told a bunch of Australians to go and fight each other on the beach, I've disliked the man.
    The dude he was chatting to I'm inclined to feel differently about.
    I think he put his case very well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    There's not much point in worrying about the barking dog in the house on your right, when your neighbour on the left is throwing molotov cocktails over the fence .....
    haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    There's not much point in worrying about the barking dog in the house on your right, when your neighbour on the left is throwing molotov cocktails over the fence .....
    What about the one who has gone quiet, and seemingly managed to plug the leaks after being served with a writ?

vCash
    What about when the neighbour on the right begins to unexpectedly run in your back yard and throw the Molotov cocktails back?

Thank you Mr McGowan.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash

vCash
    Interesting. From memory Papworth met Jones in his Sydney CBD residence to ask his opinion before publishing the "luminaries" letter which saw Puller, Clone & Clunk backflip on the "pissing money against the wall" rhetoric. They are, in Jones' own words, close friends.

Papwoth's position at the time was the ARU should look at withdrawing from Super Rugby and strengthen an Australian Competition. Presumably Jones has "educated" him on the folly of his "blow up the Rebels AND Force" stance of that time.
    In light of the canning of today's meeting I'm guessing there are moves afoot in the East. These blokes have a ton of clout, no mistake. Interesting that Jones is raising the profile of Hans Sauer.

Champion
    vCash
    He can raise the profile of Hans Sauer as much as he likes. It would be a failure to replace Stookie and Hans Sauer has no intention of taking a board position where Hans knows none of the president's of Sydney and Brisbane's club sides. You need people on the board who have a direct line to the coal face of community rugby. ARU needs to get out of Super Rugby and allow The 5 clubs to form their own "board" to manage the Australian contingent. Each club dies or survives on it's own merits. The management body liaises with SANZAAR and ARU but brings about a draft or some equalisation system. Let the ARU focus on Community as there is a heck of a lot of community that is not aligned with a super team - e.g. South Australia, Tassie, country regions etc. grow schoolboys, women's, 7-a-side, laws and everything they do now just take Super rugby away from the ARU.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I can't understand this lot still not saying anything! Surely they see the damage they are doing! Seriously I think they would get more respect if the admitted they f$&@ed up and don't know what they can do.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Sorry I am confused. One member called for a EGM which was seconded. The ARU then offered a meeting instead or as well due to the timing, that meeting was subsequently called off. So is the EGM still occurring 21 days from the two members voting for it?

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    He can raise the profile of Hans Sauer as much as he likes. It would be a failure to replace Stookie and Hans Sauer has no intention of taking a board position where Hans knows none of the president's of Sydney and Brisbane's club sides. You need people on the board who have a direct line to the coal face of community rugby. ARU needs to get out of Super Rugby and allow The 5 clubs to form their own "board" to manage the Australian contingent. Each club dies or survives on it's own merits. The management body liaises with SANZAAR and ARU but brings about a draft or some equalisation system. Let the ARU focus on Community as there is a heck of a lot of community that is not aligned with a super team - e.g. South Australia, Tassie, country regions etc. grow schoolboys, women's, 7-a-side, laws and everything they do now just take Super rugby away from the ARU.
    No argument there. He mentioned you as perhaps being a good pick for a Super Rugby "steering committee" to find a way forward from this mess. His words not mine. But in any event I didn't take it that he was talking about a board position. Some type of circuit breaker is imperative in light of the genuine player welfare concerns you raised.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    So is the EGM still occurring 21 days from the two members voting for it?
    I'd say so. From 4.1 (c) of the constitution:

The directors must, if requested to do so by at least two Voting Members, convene a general meeting.

vCash
    keep it up Hans, you're doing well!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What's then latest from the coal face Hans, John? Rebs have been making some big noise recently.

Player
    vCash
    I think the Force put out a clear statement on the field tonight against the Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    I think the Force put out a clear statement on the field tonight against the Reds
    Agreed Moono. But it would be good to know exactly what's going on.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast