Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Publically listed Company? therefore it's Corporations law i'm pretty sure.

Not that there is much of a difference. Probably a lot more stringent penalties for deliberate deception, but the issue is in proving it. You can be sure that any discussions which were kept from the minutes were also kept from potential whistle blowers. If one person cracks, the whole house of cards will come down, until then, everybody helps to keep each other out of the ocean of shit.
    Remember our Geoff was on the "inside" until recently... why does anyone think he was kept out of the meetings of late???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Remember our Geoff was on the "inside" until recently... why does anyone think he was kept out of the meetings of late???
    Because, being the diligent professional he is, he stayed out of discussions and votes pertaining to The . At least thats what I have read in media reports in the last week.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    I don't think recent board meetings are the only discussions he missed. I'd say there were lots of "private dinner parties" at willy pullers house.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    How much funding does the ARU receive from the government? I've just heard from a mate at the AIS that all government funding is being removed from the AIS with immediate effect largely because of mismanagement, in-fighting and factionalism. #nightofthelongknives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Or, more likely in this case, a subset of the board and/or management.

The ARU is an Australian Public Company. RugbyWA is a shareholder. There are severe penalties for misleading or deceptive conduct by directors of public companies, especially towards shareholders (including personal liability).

All hypothetical, of course.
    If it is a publically listed company, are its Articles of Association available for scrutiny?

vCash
    I wonder if the ARU could go back in time, would they agree so readily to removing an Australian side. Did they predict this can of worms? I don't think they did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Because, being the diligent professional he is, he stayed out of discussions and votes pertaining to The . At least thats what I have read in media reports in the last week.
    Yes to overcome any conflict of interest or perceived bias. Except for the decision to delete the force's license, which he wrote to the board to indicate he would not recuse himself from and wanted to vote. The board went ahead and met without him against his wishes and voted to kill the license.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Cottesloe Rugby Union Football Club added 2 new photos.
    4 hrs ·
    WORDS FROM THE WISE | Adrian Blacker

When you think of the word stalwart, few better match the description than Adrian Blacker.

As a Life Member of RugbyWA, Life Member of Cottesloe Rugby Club and ex SAS Australian Army soldier Adrian encapsulates the title - devoted, dedicated, dependable.

Below is an open letter from Adrian in response to the recent actions of the ARU with regards to the Western Force. The modern text doesn't accurately evoke the emotion of the cursive the letter was originally penned in but the message is not lost - ARU, you have made a mistake.

I am writing this in response to the shameful decision by the ARU to cut the Western Force from the Super Rugby competition.

Like all supporters, my initial reaction was one of disbelief, then great anger, at the utterly stupid and it maybe, duplicitous conduct of the ARU and by their complicity, the Melbourne Rebels. The machinations of the VRU/ARU did not evolve overnight. That deal was done to clear the way for the knifing of the Force. Why the ARU was so hell bent on ousting the Force we may never know. It has become obvious that the deal to cut the Force was done in St Leonards long before any ‘spread sheet’ or other performance indicators were concocted.

I admired the way the Australian Cricketers Association conducted their wages campaign with Cricket Australia. They stood together and protected their own. Not our lot!! The Force were left to battle on their own with a pre-planned result. It seems the Queensland Reds, NSW Waratahs and ACT Brumbies were happy to sit on the fence, like vultures, waiting to pick over the remains. They had best be quick as I believe the big winners from this debacle will be the NRL, in players, player development and supporters. Along with every craven board member of the ARU, with the exception of Geoff Stooke, you should all hang your heads in shame.

We may have lost this skirmish but not the battle.

I hope that the facts that have begun to emerge will have the legal men quite interested. Smarter men than me, hopefully, will see the folly in all this and move to have this ludicrous situation rectified.

As an aside, I have spent a great part of my life in the Australian Army as an infantryman and ducked and weaved on other playing fields. The players of the Western Force, to a man, are as fine a bunch of young men as you would meet in a long day’s march. I would gladly take the field and duck and weave with any of them. To know that these lads are embroiled in this sordid, maybe dishonest, charade almost makes me weep.

They don’t deserve this.

Yours sincerely
    Adrian Blacker

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Misty eyes after reading that one.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    WORDS FROM THE WISE | Adrian Blacker

When you think of the word stalwart, few better match the description than Adrian Blacker.

As a Life Member of RugbyWA, Life Member of Cottesloe Rugby Club and ex SAS Australian Army soldier Adrian encapsulates the title - devoted, dedicated, dependable.

Below is an open letter from Adrian in response to the recent actions of the ARU with regards to the Western Force. The modern text doesn't accurately evoke the emotion of the cursive the letter was originally penned in but the message is not lost - ARU, you have made a mistake.
    This should be published so that the wider rugby community and the general public of Australia can read it.
    We know that it won't change the ARU's mind - there are too many people in the ARU intent on proving that their chests are hairy.

Any ideas on how and where it can be published?

Champion
    vCash
    How do I load an MP3 sound file from Alan Jones's show this morning for you to listen to?

vCash
    "Like all supporters, my initial reaction was one of disbelief, then great anger, at the utterly stupid and it maybe, duplicitous conduct of the ARU and by their complicity, the Melbourne Rebels. The machinations of the VRU/ARU did not evolve overnight. That deal was done to clear the way for the knifing of the Force. Why the ARU was so hell bent on ousting the Force we may never know. It has become obvious that the deal to cut the Force was done in St Leonards long before any ‘spread sheet’ or other performance indicators were concocted.

I admired the way the Australian Cricketers Association conducted their wages campaign with Cricket Australia. They stood together and protected their own. Not our lot!! The Force were left to battle on their own with a pre-planned result. It seems the Queensland Reds, NSW Waratahs and ACT Brumbies were happy to sit on the fence, like vultures, waiting to pick over the remains.
    "

The above paras from Adrian's letter encapsulate the two biggest things I feel right now:

(a) totally and utterly powerless to do anything to change what is clearly a corrupt, underhanded, conniving and ill thought-through decision; and

(b) that no-one who actually IS in a position to bring some pressure to bear on the shonky and shady goings-on that led to the decision gives enough of a toss to do ANYTHING about it, least of all call for the investigation that is so obviously needed here.

The ARU has been allowed to lie, obfuscate and cheat with total impunity - even encouraged to do so by the cabal of cronies behind the scenes - because of a typical east-coast attitude of 'it's only WA and who gives a sh1t about WA as long as we (NSW, QLD and VIC) are all ok'.

Somehow I will need to find a way to try and move on from this otherwise I'll end up either in prison or in hospital. But right now, the rage I feel is so white hot that I can't see how I'm ever going to deal with it.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Interesting take on our situation from the Welsh

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...lapse-13478846

Not a very optimistic view

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The ARU has been allowed to lie, obfuscate and cheat with total impunity - even encouraged to do so by the cabal of cronies behind the scenes - because of a typical east-coast attitude of 'it's only WA and who gives a sh1t about WA as long as we (NSW, QLD and VIC) are all ok'.
    The ARU's actions in the expulsion of the Western Force have been without decency and without equity.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    How do I load an MP3 sound file from Alan Jones's show this morning for you to listen to?
    Not sure you can. You might have to link to it like we normally do. Of course you could always upload it to a file hosting site and link to it there.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast