Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Force set to be axed

vCash
    That a##ole shouldn't be permitted into WA at all! Border security should get onto it! Hope he's got suitable bullet proof underwear to put on, and he'll be lucky to stay alive! Hope Sinders doesn't offer him any special seating, food or drinks apart from RatSak.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    That a##ole shouldn't be permitted into WA at all! Border security should get onto it! Hope he's got suitable bullet proof underwear to put on, and he'll be lucky to stay alive! Hope Sinders doesn't offer him any special seating, food or drinks apart from RatSak.
    Should make him stand in the Shed!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Anyone got Susie's number?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    "you can't have the governing body betraying confidences in the meantime."

But you can happily betray a whole state, thousands of rugby supporters, thousands of volunteers and the hopes of thousands of kids growing to love rugby, you utter prick.

You are not welcome in this state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The ARU chairman insists a trans-Tasman only competition was contemplated – "New Zealand didn't want it"
    All the more reason why Australia needs to look after itself in the future, NZ doesn't have our back in this, it's not the Kiwis' job to help rugby in this country, nor would it be their desire to see the Wallabies back at anywhere near No.1; whether that means going it alone, or strengthening alliances with other countries besides New Zealand in our own self-interest, we may just have to take the hit, for the good of the game long-term in this country.

Last edited by chibi; 19-08-17 at 20:50.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    All the more reason why Australia needs to look after itself in the future, NZ doesn't have our back in this, it's not the Kiwis' job to help rugby in this country, nor would it be their desire to see the Wallabies back at anywhere near No.1; whether that means going it alone, or strengthening alliances with other countries besides New Zealand in our own self-interest, we may just have to take the hit, for the good of the game long-term in this country.
    Was thinking on that in reading. It's all about SA dollars (power) and NZ desires. I doubt Super Rugby would continue without Australia (despite the current lack of competitiveness from our Squads) as it would just stretch things too far logistically without Australian matches to act as the aircraft carrier. If Australia pulled out then SA would definitely bat-n-ball it to Europe leaving NZ to scratch their heads in the lower South Pacific. They just know the ARU don't have the cahoonies to make the leap as they are tied to the Fox teat. Decisive action is required from the ARU, "This is what we are doing NZRU, like it or lump it." Under such leadership I believe a Trans Tasman Comp would start pretty promptly. Therefore, with current "leadership", it ain't happening any time soon...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    ...Hope Sinders doesn't offer him any special seating, food or drinks ...
    I'd rather hope Sinders would sit him between Andrew and Kerry...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    .....or Darkness an 7Mile.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    http://notthefootyshow.ashleymorriso...re-concussion/

Interesting listen from not the footy show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    .....or Darkness an 7Mile.
    Haha, that's definitely between a rock & a hard place!

vCash
    Well, It's taken Pip Marlow five days to work up a response to my email (remember the one asking what she thought about everybody in Australia wanting her to resign and her support of the Rebels over the Force being complete bullshit.

After five days, I was excited to get into it, she obviously put a lot of thought into her responses.

Are you ready?

Sure?

Sitting down?

I'll post it, I really will

Rob – thanks for the email and I wish I could at this time answer each question. As I am sure you can understand that during a legal situation we are bound by that.

That said I do believe that we need to be as transparent as the law allows us and will be working with the board to ensure that we share everything that we can – I believe you and others deserve that.

Most importantly I know that this has been a really tough time, for players, supporters and many others. I am with my colleagues committed to ensure that whatever happens we continue to work with the WARU to ensure we work with the community and grassroots where all great rugby begins.

I know this note will not satisfy you and am sorry I can’t share more right now.

no shit that note won't satisfy me. Even though the topic of resigning isn't part of the legal action, somehow the court case stops her discussing it.

Even though the relative finances isn't being argued, she can't comment

The lack of transparency isn't being tested in court, but of course she can't respond to that query either, because to do so would be.....well......transparent.

Even Clone had a comment about killing off the Pigs, but it appears he hasn't told Marlow about that little wrinkle yet.

Ms Marlow must be getting lead around by Clone, he's obviously been so busy in the last 5 days, he hasn't had time to respond to his minions.

ps it stopped being WARU quite some time ago, but I wouldn't expect you to know that!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Such a helpful response and I think the fact she doesn't even know the organisation they are dealing with is Rugby WA speaks volumes of what we are to them over here! Re the legal stuff the ARU's legal representation must be rubbing their hands together in glee with all the work coming to them. Would they even be worried at all about the letter received from the State government over costs or is that just something else to just bury head in the sand over?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-any-hope-left

Bret HARRIS

Australian rugby looks dysfunctional and delusional – is there any hope left?

Quo vadis rugby union? Where on earth is the game going in this country? Just when you thought things could not get any worse, they did on Saturday night and the Wallabies’ record 54-34 loss to the All Blacks in Sydney may have been the last nail in the coffin of Australian rugby, which has been on life-support for at least two years.

At the moment Australian rugby looks dysfunctional, delusional and just about dead and buried. But maybe, just maybe, there is a flicker of hope. On the same day as the Wallabies’ unacceptable performance against the All Blacks, an ARU media release went largely unnoticed.

The ARU announced work would begin on a new model for high performance, which recognised the importance of grassroots rugby as well as playing, coaching and innovation.

Performance is the key word. In Australia the game has too often been about dollars, while in New Zealand it has always been about performance. This is the fundamental difference in the rugby cultures of the two countries, separated by a marginal sea just 2,000 kilometres across, yet so far apart.

For example, the ARU’s recent decision to cull the Western Force from Super Rugby was primarily a financial one. Australian rugby could not afford to maintain five Super Rugby teams. The Force were cut not because they were in financial difficulty, but because the three traditional teams – the Brumbies, NSW Waratahs and Queensland Reds – were all struggling to varying degrees.

Getting rid of the Force was like throwing ballast off a sinking ship. Ironically, the Perth-based side was potentially the most financially secure of the lot with the support of mining magnate Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest, but someone had to go and they were the easiest to chop because of their “alliance” with the ARU.

New Zealand also wanted Australia to reduce to four teams, but for a different reason. The Kiwis had become deeply concerned about the decline in the standard of Super Rugby in Australia and to a lesser degree South Africa and actively pushed for the axing of teams.

While celebrating a great All Blacks win on Saturday night, coach Steve Hansen must have been horrified by what he saw from the Wallabies.

New Zealand needs a competitive Australia. All Blacks captain Kieran Read said the Bledisloe Cup was the second most important trophy to New Zealanders behind the World Cup. The All Blacks do not want to lose, but they would like to be tested.

When the All Blacks lost the second Test to the British & Irish Lions in June, Hansen’s response was: “We needed that.” With New Zealand’s 26-0 win-loss record against Australian teams in Super Rugby, the Kiwis had certainly not been tested by their Trans-Tasman rivals.

Australia’s poor performance in Super Rugby has had an adverse effect on the Wallabies, who have been caught in a vicious cycle of failure. In the past two years only one Australian team, the Brumbies, has reached the finals and they were knocked out in the first round on both occasions.

As a result, most of the Wallabies spent about a month not playing rugby before the start of the Bledisloe Cup and the Rugby Championship, entering the tournaments physically underprepared.

After spending more time together and gaining match fitness the Wallabies have produced respectable results on their end of season tours of Europe, raising false hopes that they have turned the corner, only for the vicious cycle to repeat itself with the ensuing Super season.

It is highly unlikely the Wallabies will challenge the All Blacks in Dunedin on Saturday night. They may not even trouble the resurgent Springboks. And given the superb performance of the Lions against the All Blacks, the Wallabies will be hard-pressed to win a Test against any of the home nations on their spring tour.

So where to from there? Perhaps the concentration of playing talent will help Australia’s Super Rugby teams to become more competitive next year and this will have a positive flow on to the Wallabies.

But more importantly, the ARU’s renewed emphasis on high performance with a new “bottom up” approach may at last lead Australian rugby in the right direction."

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 21-08-17 at 06:56.
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    McGowan to confirm that the State will sue the ARU when he's interviewed by Geoff Hutchison on 720 this morning

Champion
    vCash
    Great news hope that means they found a smoking gun and are confident!

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast