Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Will the Force get to play an exhibition game next year?

vCash

Will the Force get to play an exhibition game next year?

This was certainly Twiggys intent when he made his original announcement, but considering the IPRC wont take off until 2019 now it leaves a huge hollow void for next year, one I wont be able to fill by watching any of the East coast teams, it will be my saddest year in rugby in over a decade but if it means holding out for 2019 it is something I am sure I can live with. I hope!

Twiggy from memory mentioned the exhibition game could be against an International side, any ideas who it could be, remember the barbarians are an international side too so it may not be an actual Test Side, hopefully more than 1 can be arranged but if not who would you love to see the Force take on next year in a one off international/ or even club game?

Exciting times.. and lets hope atleast 1 game can be arranged.

Imagine if it was the All Blacks! Holy shit it may just draw a bigger attendance than the 2019 Bledisloe at Perth Arena!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I really really hope so and not just one.

Who... prospective IPRC opponents, Asia Pacific Dragons, Brache to tee up the American Eagles, Canada, a club team from SA, NZ, England, Scotland, Ireland, France. Shit since it aint gonna start to 2019 so no big big names even give South Aussies a run (another state neglected)

Could start a tradition here and use whichever team we play first as annual pre season match if its not one included in IPRC.

I stated when we thought Wessels might go to Munster that we could do a sister club thing, annual exhibitions over seas supporters getting exposed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Maybe a carnival type comp at the new stadium run over weekend invite only and Big prize money from sponsors. Just a thought!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I really really hope so and not just one.

Who... prospective IPRC opponents, Asia Pacific Dragons, Brache to tee up the American Eagles, Canada, a club team from SA, NZ, England, Scotland, Ireland, France. Shit since it aint gonna start to 2019 so no big big names even give South Aussies a run (another state neglected)

Could start a tradition here and use whichever team we play first as annual pre season match if its not one included in IPRC.

I stated when we thought Wessels might go to Munster that we could do a sister club thing, annual exhibitions over seas supporters getting exposed.
    Wasn't Lewis Carmichael from Edinburgh? Maybe we could set something up with them?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think the first step would be having a Force team! Without that it’s a mute point. We will need more than just our local lads otherwise we will get hammered and just give the EAR and press a good laugh.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I think the first step would be having a Force team! Without that it’s a mute point. We will need more than just our local lads otherwise we will get hammered and just give the EAR and press a good laugh.
    Local lads will be good enough for half the side. To get the rest won't need the old IP either.

Register something new

Tee up a match or two in Perth for 2018 and promote it to have a good gate. Then invite prospective IPRC marquee players to join the side, which could also serve as a combine for 2019. Train them up and have a warm-up game against a Pindan Premier rep side before the game against "name" opposition.

Players can be Force diaspora or overseas-based Aus/PI/SA/NZ, etc., professionals looking to get contracts for 2019 IPRC.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kiap; 22-11-17 at 04:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    Local lads will be good enough for half the side. To get the rest won't need the old IP either.

Register something new

Tee up a match or two in Perth for 2018 and promote it to have a good gate. Then invite prospective IPRC marquee players to join the side, which could also serve as a combine for 2019. Train them up and have a warm-up game against a Pindan Premier rep side before the game against "name" opposition.

Players can be Force diaspora or overseas-based Aus/PI/SA/NZ, etc., professionals looking to get contracts for 2019 IPRC.
    I wonder whether the ARU will follow through with the senate recommendation to return the IP, the ARU(RA) dont seem to be moving at any real pace here, its almost like they are deliberatly thumbing their nose at each and every senate recommendation, and for that I hope Senator Reynolds follows through with her contempt investigation!

vCash
    I think Kiaps Barbarian proposal is the way to go though. With the Rebels basically stealing our players it would be the only way to really ensure a decent competitive team is on rhe paddock. I Like the logo too, I admit I was just saying WESTERN FORCE when I kept reading WEST ENFORCE!

vCash
    Pretty sure that a Western Australian team has been invited to the Brisbane 10s.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Pretty sure that a Western Australian team has been invited to the Brisbane 10s.
    I really hope so. That is fantastic news if so, I assume the brisbane 10s dont have a fixture list up yet?

vCash
    http://brisbaneglobaltens.com/bigger...etter-in-2018/

The organisers said they were committed to 10 Aussie and Kiwi teams. Don't know what jumper the Badge is wearing in the promo.

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I wonder how much of the existing Spirit we could field in that tournament? Wouldn't mind if they took the field as the Perth Spirit. Though taking the field as the Western Force may end up with them becoming the crowd's underdog favourites.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Comes down to the IP doesn't it

vCash
    How many of them have signed with the Rebels or another franchise here in Australia?

I wouldn't imagine many of the clubs that signed our players being very willing to release them for a mickey mouse tournament.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Comes down to the IP doesn't it
    How far does the IP actually extend though?

The Western Australian based super rugby side was called the "Western Force" it had 2 names in it "Western" & "Force".

But could the name be rebranded to just "The Force" ? it has a different name for the first word "The" but shares the same name "Force" for the last word.
    I know there are different sporting body's that share similar names for teams but they are across totally different sports.

Could the "Force" name be used providing the "Western" name is not?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast