Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: James O'Connor arrested attempting to buy Cocaine from Police

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Force to give him another chance...offer him base salary for two seasons?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Base... ha ha haaa

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Base... ha ha haaa
    How did you know that?

Will be more than a little ironic if Barba takes his place at Toulon.

vCash
    Based from the well informed French sports newspaper L'Equipe, Ali Williams was caught buying the drugs and being charged as such and O'Connor was fined for consumption of Cocaine as he tested positive. Both had a very high BAC .

Williams will have to face further sanctions whereas O'Connor wont as he seems to not have been involved in the caught sourcing of the Cocaine by Ali Williams.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualit...-levees/781526

vCash
    On my phone so no full article. But looks like (today anyway) JOC needs a new job as of July.
    Surprisingly Mourad seems to be rather empathetic towards him though.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/to...91ec4ab69d9d82

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Just a thought - and I have nothing to base it on.

Are Super Rugby players subjected to Drug testing - and do those drug test pick up recreational drugs?

are Wallabies subjected to drug testing?

Are Top14 players subjected to Drug Testing?

It would be nice to think that the Western Force players are clean living professional sportsmen. But, we live in the real world and apparently depending on who you talk to - there is or at least has been in the past a huge recreational drug problem within the West Coast Eagles playing group.

Perhaps young James started getting Recreational when he was with the Rebels - part of the 3 Amigos with Kurtley Beale and Danny Cipriani. Remember the Hamburger Incident? Does Cocaine use give you the munchies?

Perhaps when James got to Toulon in 2013.

I guess the point I am trying make is this - its a long shot - but do you think that James O'Connor and Ali Williams were out drinking the other night and one of them turned to other and said "I have never tried Cocaine - lets go out and buy some and give it a go"

Everything I have written is pure speculation - I have nothing to base it on.

An idle mind writes idle bullshit......

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Ex the way I read the story is that JOC tested positive to Cocaine, and Ali was caught doing a deal with JOC watching guard, but no positive test for Ali, so it would seem to me that JOC was already "under the influence" and Ali was about join him, perhaps JOC just helped Ali source the gear.

Similar laws here in Oz, it's not illegal to be under the influence of drugs (provided you are not driving etc), however it is illegal to be in possession.

On testing, yes all Super Rugby players are subject to random testing. At one Captain's Run in Canberra Mark Cav our team Manager at the time showed us through the procedure after the match. If the player cant give a sample straight after the game, a team rep must stay at the ground until such time as they can provide the sample. I expect this is the same at all levels.

No it does not give you the munchies, the opposite.

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 28-02-17 at 09:25.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    James O’Connor and Ali Williams spent 40 hours in cells with gangsters after cocaine arrest

JAMIE PANDARAM
    The Daily Telegraph
    February 27, 2017 7:44pm

WHAT began as a night of partying ended with James O’Connor and Ali Williams locked in separate police cells alongside hardened French gangsters and drug dealers.

Details of the night that led to their arrests have begun to emerge, and The Daily Telegraph can reveal the two highly recognisable international rugby stars were forced to spend 40 hours in custody in Paris last weekend.

A Paris police source confirmed that while O’Connor and Williams have no issues tackling 120kg behemoths on the rugby field, they looked *decidedly shaky in their cells early on Saturday morning.

The pair were allegedly caught by undercover officers buying 2.4 grams of cocaine from two dealers at 3am outside the trendy L’Arc nightclub in Paris.

O’Connor waited on the street while Williams got into a car with two alleged dealers and handed over about 200 euros in cash.

As he and O’Connor moved to walk back into the nightclub, officers swooped and Williams allegedly threw three packets of cocaine on the ground.

James O’Connor spent 40 hours in jail cells following his arrest in Paris.

They were handcuffed and taken for processing at the central police prefecture in the 17th arrondissement of Paris.

Both were said to be intoxicated and were put into separate “sobering cells” alongside drunk and drug-affected *suspects.

They were then moved to another police station and again separated.

The second police cell was quiet, but then Williams and O’Connor were moved to a third station which housed hardened criminals who had serious street credentials, some affiliated to violent drug gangs.

The 26-year-old former Wallaby and 35-year-old former All Black spent a number of hours alongside these men, though officers routinely checked in, before police received results from drug tests conducted on the pair.

O’Connor allegedly returned a positive result for cocaine but because he did not physically handle any drugs during the arrest he was spared a charge and given an undisclosed fine for “intent” to consume.

Williams was charged with buying cocaine and will front court at a later date. If the Racing 92 player is found guilty, his working visa could be revoked by the French government.

The news got worse for O’Connor on Tuesday with Toulon’s owner Mourad Boudjellal saying that the Australian’s contract, set to end in July, will be his last with the club.

“’He has reopened the debate about his contract extension. We are not going to renew it,” Boudjellal told French newspaper Le Figaro.

“We are going to try and manage this season. But I don’t want to overwhelm him.”

The cocaine fine has put an end to any hopes O’Connor had of returning to Australian rugby this year.

The ARU tore up his contract in 2013 for repeated off-field indiscipline and will not risk further controversy again.

Former Wallaby Stephen Hoiles said O’Connor should take a year out.

“If I was James O’Connor or his parents or his manager I’d be getting him out of France once this stuff clears up,” Hoiles told the Big Sports Breakfast radio show.

“I’d be looking at taking a year away from professional rugby because something is not right with him.

“He’s been in and out of trouble his whole career.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...c77dc14460c61f

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Force to give him another chance...offer him base salary for two seasons?
    Need some KPIs too.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    If James O'Connor actually tested positive to Cocaine that would trigger a 2 year ban in a similar fashion to Wendell Sailor back in 2006 wouldn't it?

Of course I'm assuming French Rugby is signed on to the WADA protocols.

vCash
    As much of an idiot that he is, I hope that he does not get such a long ban, specially considering reports that it might be widespread in France!

vCash
    If everyone is lucky maybe this will finally make him wake up to himself and grow up.

If not then .....

vCash
    We can only hope as he is wasting such a great talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    As much of an idiot that he is, I hope that he does not get such a long ban, specially considering reports that it might be widespread in France!
    nah f**k him.

i have less than zero sympathy for casual drug users. they deserve everything that they get.
    if he was an addict i could sympathise, because then he has a physical and psychological need to use. but not if he just wants to go spend a weekend in the 'snow' after a game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast