Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Union Players’ Association oppose Australian team being cut from Super Rugby

vCash
    Super rugby would be burnt for me. Not so sure about internationals. I've been a wallaby supporter for many years before the force, but not super rugby.

Not sure that I'd survive the slap in the face from the ARU though.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I would never be able to support another club if they gave the Force the flick.

Club Rugby - I need for my own mental health - I need it to survive.

Internationals- I dont know If I could stop watching.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I would never be able to support another club if they gave the Force the flick.

Club Rugby - I need for my own mental health - I need it to survive.

Internationals- I dont know If I could stop watching.
    Plus you'd need a cover up.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i would not support any other team in super rugby we are supposed to be growing this great game not killing it

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would probably consider becoming a Rugby League supporter........Dead Set!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I don't think I could support an East Coast club, and not sure I could really support another nations' sides. I *might* watch some Super Rugby games, and support the underdog, but I wouldn't care about the season results.

If the Spirit remained, I'd support them, but I'm not sure if the Spirit could survive without the Force.
    For internationals, I'd revert back to supporting England.

Can't convert to league - not a sport I've ever had much time for; and even after 10 years here I've not seen an AFL or WAFL game. Having seen some of the A-league, I'm not sure I can support the Glory, and I don't understand basketball, so the Wildcats are out.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    If... IF they took my/our force away then i would support the wallabies as the only union team. (In saying that i am an afl convert so have no allegience to any club level team, no offence. I would still support the spirit and abuse any eastern state team that obviously lives with there head up their ass and doesn't realise Australia has more then 1 coast)

vCash
    Same as before I suppose, support the WA State team, the Perth Spirit or Perth Gold, watch Wallaby tests; with the only difference that I would more actively support the Sunwolves.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Exile, some terrific commentary on the situation there. Would be great if some aru board members could read your advice from within the west of Sydney.

As a result of your knowledgeable insight, I am upgrading you to "Approved Poster status " on my Dribble with Darkness thread. Congratulations.

Champion
    vCash
    Why are we even talking about this. Let's be positive. It ain't going to happen. Right?
    ARU meeting tomorrow so may get a message.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Why are we even talking about this. Let's be positive. It ain't going to happen. Right?
    ARU meeting tomorrow so may get a message.
    because the RUPA made a statement that basically does nothing but uphold their core value - which is to represent the interests of it's members, who are spread out across all 5 franchises. if one is closed it would potentially mean less revenue for them.

The RUPA ultimately have to support 5 franchises, but let's all not look past that they haven't said where they prefer those franchises to be.

“Maximising elite opportunities for players and enhancing our state programs is the best strategy to fight the international player drain and develop our depth for Super Rugby and Wallaby competitiveness.
    “By retaining five teams throughout the remainder of the current broadcast agreement, we allow time for a robust professional competition to be mapped out, and for the global season discussions to conclude, in order to develop a highly competitive and lucrative model to support Australian Rugby for all.”

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Exile, some terrific commentary on the situation there. Would be great if some aru board members could read your advice from within the west of Sydney.

As a result of your knowledgeable insight, I am upgrading you to "Approved Poster status " on my Dribble with Darkness thread. Congratulations.
    Thank you Mr Darkness - I am honored.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The RUPA ultimately have to support 5 franchises, but let's all not look past that they haven't said where they prefer those franchises to be.
    Indeed

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Of course RUPA support 5 franchises, they are the advocates/union for professional Rugby players in Australia.

As to the question posted on the previous page by Tonkar, I was a Rugby fan before the Force existed so I dare say I will continue to be a Rugby fan but it may kill off a lot of interest in Super Rugby as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to think my support for the Wallabies would continue but it would be hard to support the ARU in terms of any massive support even if it were a SANZAAR decision. It would probably be similar to the Perth Glory, I've been to many games and used to watch as much as I could but when they got sprung for cheating the cap, I felt betrayed and haven't been to a game since and I've only just started paying attention to the Glory again this season. But that's what a decision to scrap the Force would be, an absolute betrayal of anyone involved with or who supports Rugby in this state.

But if the worst case scenario were to happen I'd continue with my involvement with club Rugby.

vCash
    I am positive that we should stay and I really hope we do,, I think we have a great case.. There Is so much crap on a face book site about who should go and most of the NSW followers of this page are calling for 2 teams to be culled.. I think there trying to cover up some weakness at the tahs.. I just hope our boys are ready for the challenge.. As you all know a win over the Tah is what we need

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast