Quade Cooper (65 Tests)

Sefanaia Naivalu (4 Tests)

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/11...m-announcement 

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Referee Jérôme Garcès (France)
    Assistant 1 JP Doyle (England)
    Assistant 2 Craig Maxwell Keys (England)
    TMO Eric Gauzins (France)
    http://officiating.worldrugby.org/?p...intments&id=44

vCash
    Cheika really seems to have the hates for Fardy and a love for Dean Mumm that I find very hard to understand

I realise he wants to have line out height, but I would rate McMahon well above Mumm

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Cheika really seems to have the hates for Fardy and a love for Dean Mumm that I find very hard to understand

I realise he wants to have line out height, but I would rate McMahon well above Mumm
    This is probably one game where I can understand picking Mumm against McMahon, but I can never understand picking Mumm at flanker if Fardy is fit. Fardy is taller, heavier, harder and more mobile.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Fardy / Pocock / Timani, with Hooper and Mumm on the bench would be our best combination I would've thought, but Cheika can't bring himself to have Hooper on the bench, which is somewhat fair enough given he is generally one of our best forwards.

But that combo would have plenty of lineout capability with Fardy / Timani, good over the ball and ruck work from Pocock & Fardy, and good ball running from Timani.

Not really sure which of our forwards is going to be getting over the advantage line with our line-up, with no Coleman or Timani.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    This is probably one game where I can understand picking Mumm against McMahon, but I can never understand picking Mumm at flanker if Fardy is fit. Fardy is taller, heavier, harder and more mobile.
    ...if you want Hooper you need another worker over the ball. That's a hundred percent not Mumm.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...if you want Hooper you need another worker over the ball. That's a hundred percent not Mumm.
    The Mumm selection is a joke
    Speight also should have been dropped. Naivalu and Morahan out played him significantly in the last game and look far more dangerous

Senior Player
    vCash
    Bench confirmed:

16. Tolu Latu (2 Tests)

17. James Slipper (84 Tests)

18. Allan Alaalatoa (8 Tests)

19. Kane Douglas (29 Tests)

20. Sean McMahon (13 Tests)

21. Nick Phipps (51 Tests)

22. Quade Cooper (65 Tests)

23. Sefanaia Naivalu (4 Tests)
    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/11...-moore-ireland

vCash
    So Timani out all together....we are soooo frakked

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    There are a lot of negative nellies on here. We are never going to agree on selections but this time of year makes for some great rugby. Let's get behind the team.

On the matter of Mumms selection The Great Cheika has his reasons. His concern is our line-out vs the Irish. ;

Lopeti Timani has been a casualty of a greater lineout focus against Ireland, Michael Cheika said, opting to bring Dean Mumm into the blindside flanker role, with Hooper resuming his spot at openside and David Pocock at eight.
    Mumm was suspended for Australia’s clash with Wales and came off the bench in the second match against Scotland, with Cheika happy to lean towards Timani’s ball-carrying, but the balance has shifted for Ireland.

“Timani has done absolutely nothing wrong,” he said.

“We want to focus a little bit more on our lineout this week and the threat that Ireland might pose there - they're very good in that area.

“Dean brings a lot of experience and quality in that area. But then we'll probably lose a bit of Lopeti's ball carrying too.

“It's six of one, half a dozen of the other but we decided that was probably an important thing for this game and that's how we'll run.”

vCash
    There are always differing opinions about team selections. Does not mean a person is any less behind the team. Personally I don't think Fardy is that far off Mumm as a lineout option. But Fardy gives way more at ruck time.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    There are a lot of negative nellies on here. We are never going to agree on selections but this time of year makes for some great rugby. Let's get behind the team.

On the matter of Mumms selection The Great Cheika has his reasons. His concern is our line-out vs the Irish. ;

Lopeti Timani has been a casualty of a greater lineout focus against Ireland, Michael Cheika said, opting to bring Dean Mumm into the blindside flanker role, with Hooper resuming his spot at openside and David Pocock at eight.
    Mumm was suspended for Australia’s clash with Wales and came off the bench in the second match against Scotland, with Cheika happy to lean towards Timani’s ball-carrying, but the balance has shifted for Ireland.

“Timani has done absolutely nothing wrong,” he said.

“We want to focus a little bit more on our lineout this week and the threat that Ireland might pose there - they're very good in that area.

“Dean brings a lot of experience and quality in that area. But then we'll probably lose a bit of Lopeti's ball carrying too.

“It's six of one, half a dozen of the other but we decided that was probably an important thing for this game and that's how we'll run.”

Todd it's been confirmed over previous games that Dean Mumm is a pure unadulterated farken plod. He shouldn't even be in the stands with a suit on. The sooner Cheika starts to get away from his pet tahs (ala Wales) the sooner we'll see stronger wins. I hope I'm proved wrong but Ireland by 10 tonight.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Why does Dean MumMobile get the hate when Cheika needs to select him to shore up the line out.
    The real issue is playing a short-arse at 8 to provide some breakdown pressure because we have a centre playing 7. The hate should be directed at the loss of line out options because Pollock has proven himself un-leave-out-able, but Hooper is still picked despite offering very little of traditional forward value.

This is not, so much, an anti-hooper in any situation post, more of a play Hooper off the bench when we need to focus on a more traditional back row.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Firstly, gratz to the Irish, two big Southern Hemisphere scalps this year, well done.

To the Wallabies.
    Penalty count of 13:3 against us played a major role in that loss.
    Not sure how much was the ref and how much our lack of discipline - personally I found some of his decisions, or non-decisions difficult to accept, but we certainly have form as a highly ill disciplined team, so the Wallabies need to accept the blame - even though Cheika has once again gone off about the refereeing after the match. I have some sympathy for his position on this occasion but, having done it so often, he now comes across as a whinger.
    Cannot believe the try that Issy bombed by not passing - looked like he tried to do what Kurindrani did last game to settle the score but failed to execute - VERY bad play Issy.
    Dane had a great game again and has certainly cemented his spot - having a great year and let's hope 2017 is equally great for him, including in blue!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Macattack; 27-11-16 at 10:14.

vCash
    Well I think Mumm can be attributed with leading to 2 of the Ireland tries. The first came when he was carded, and with his high tackle penalty led to another Ireland try. From what I could see Speight is hopeless at defence and runs around in circles, seems a waste of a spot. Didn't understand half of the ref decisions, but well done Ireland! They never gave up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast