Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fings ain't what they used to be

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Fings ain't what they used to be

There is a tide in the affairs of man, which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.

So said the bard.

Equally, when the tide is taken at its ebb, and fortune flails and wallows in the mud of it's retreat, the great and the powerful are weakened and bewildered as they sit in their stranded craft, and the ever opportunistic wharf rats begin to climb on board and gnaw at their entrails.

And this, my dear friends in Rugby, is the current sad state of the great and powerful metropolitan clubs.

Players are jumping ship. Offers are being made to, and seriously being considered and accepted by, players who have sworn undying loyalty to the club they have previously played for for several years.

Even Force contracted players.

Sign on fees of five and ten thousand dollars are being offered by the frugal minnows of the competition as a matter of course to such players, to some even more, as well as cars, free accommodation, even plasma television sets. They haven't spent much in the past, but the opportunities for a premiership that are on offer because of the State's financial recession (or, to be honest, depression) are just too good and too many to resist.

And Europe is also beaconing many top flight players, the Waltons, the Hoskins, and others of their ilk and ability have taken the King of France's shilling, and more are following.

Not to mention the Force itself stitching up and cocooning for themselves whatever promising club talents, such as Ruru, as they can entice.

And the powerful, who have relied so long and so heavily on the munificence of their sponsors and the Force, have found that their sponsors' receivers have snapped shut the purses, and the Force .... well, the Force ... they have more important things to concentrate on, like survival, than to concern themselves with the problems of the darlings of metropolitan rugby.

Regrettably too, when you haven't had to actually work for your money, and yet it continues to roll in, you don't tend to save, relying on the gravy train rolling on forever, and when it eventually runs out of steam, you are left with nowhere to go and no ability to buy a ticket to get there.

We live in interesting times.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I hope you're not having a cheap shot at our side of the river?

Perhaps aim your cannons more to the west?

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    -31.971760, 115.813199

Fire at will.

vCash
    Will? What's Will done to be fired upon? Is he one of the defectors?
    That's the first name appearing in all of these posts alleging player movement. Poor Will will take the brunt of it all.
    What's the reason no-one is naming others?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Will? What's Will done to be fired upon? Is he one of the defectors?
    Well I'm watching an episode of fresh prince and he's torturing Hillary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    -31.971760, 115.813199

Fire at will.
    What have you got against The Byrneleigh? It's been shut down now, anyway!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Sign on fees of five and ten thousand dollars are being offered by the frugal minnows of the competition as a matter of course to such players, to some even more, as well as cars, free accommodation, even plasma television sets..
    Did Kala's star loose forward Auegua get a plasma or flatscreen

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 20-11-16 at 10:15. Reason: Quotes
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Did Kala's star loose forward Auegua get a plasma or flatscreen
    Best you direct that question to Wanneroo not Fulvio.

vCash
    I don't know.

Did Anare Koliavu get his $10,000?

How much were the Oakley family worth as a job lot?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Best you direct that question to Wanneroo not Fulvio.
    No that is Leo, the massive number eight, he got the whole home theatre set up

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Is Kala the new Perth?

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    No that is Leo, the massive number eight, he got the whole home theatre set up
    Might be your sunday morning hang over Westie but I think you'll find that your mate Leo is Wanneroo's marqee signing for 2017. Incentives, no idea.

Champion
    vCash
    I'll spell it out for you. Auega Seumanutafa is going to Paly ,play's 6 or 7.Leo Auva'a is off to Wanneroo, play's number 8.Hope this clears things up for you. Does the Darkness thing describe the space between your ears.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I'll spell it out for you. Auega Seumanutafa is going to Paly ,play's 6 or 7.Leo Auva'a is off to Wanneroo, play's number 8.Hope this clears things up for you. Does the Darkness thing describe the space between your ears.
    At last some clarity. Yep, a lot of darkness in there.

Heard the tatood kala fullback who plays under 2 different names is heading to joondalup. True?

Also coaching and admin changes.

Whats happening at kala? Why are these guys leaving to a range of clubs? Is it just the plasmas or is there more to it?

Rookie
    vCash
    Westie is spot on! Heard on the scaffolder grapevine Palmyra threw the kitchen sink at Auega. Cash, apprenticeship, job for his baby mama, tuition fees for his kid when it is ready for school. No mention of the plasma though but that wouldn't surprise me. The big 8 is apparently joining Wanneroo for a full time job. But Paly also promised him along with Beau King the world to join them as they both worked for one of Paly's major sponsors. King is now in France with Bourgoin. As for the tattooed fullback of many names I'm surprised he stayed at Kala this long, word is he owes a heap of money to the club for airfares, bonds etc. So he will be looking for Joondalup to bail him out there.
    Kala's major sponsor has gone under along with all the jobs for the bros.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast