Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SANZAR Meeting

Champion
    vCash
    More from Dane here

Cutting an Australian Super Rugby team will block path of future internationals: Dane Haylett-Petty
    Nick Taylor

Western Force vice-captain and Wallabies winger Dane Haylett-Petty says cutting an Australian Super Rugby team will block the path of future internationals.
    Haylett-Petty, the first home grown player to go through the Force junior system into the Wallabies, also urged SANZAAR and the Australian Rugby Union to make a quick decision.

More here
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/cutting...-ng-b88418306z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I am waiting for some of the wise men from the East to claim that the Rebels improved showing this round is due to only 4 Australians teams this week with the bye!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 17-03-17 at 18:22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I am waiting for some of the wise men from the East to claim that the Rebels improved showing this round is due to only 4 Australians teams this week with the bye!
    Didn't think I'd be barracking for the Rabble any time soon. Did tonight though. Too bad they couln't hang on.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It's every team for themselves at the moment so f*ck the Rebels.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great article,add to this that with less sides the overseas countries are going to aim for our better players not the fringe therefore we will not be in a better place

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Absolutely.
    As much as I hate to say it I will be barracking for any team playing an Aussie side - except OUR Force of course.

vCash
    Harsh; but not exactly a shock.

Pretty pointless death riding other OZ franchises. The better they perform the more pointless any reduction seems. But in any event, results over the short term will probably have no bearing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Great article,add to this that with less sides the overseas countries are going to aim for our better players not the fringe therefore we will not be in a better place
    I bet there's been a few offers made already for players.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I say ditch the Brumbies. They are a cul de sac.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Felt the same way for awhile.

Then asked the question,why is any Australian supporter accepting the loss of any team!!!
    Where is the ARU saying they are backing every Aussie team to the death, and looking after Aussie rugby and not bending over because of a so called "partnership".

Frankly if an announcement of any loss of teams in Oz happens every Oz team should organise a rally to shove it up the ARUs face or the players strike and show backbone (teams and players). Own the force and our petition made a big difference, and the whole rugby supporter base can make a bigger difference.

And I think WA clubs should join as well, whether they agree with the force or not. To let any pro team in Oz go means the loss of opportunity for the club world.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I barrack for any team that play's the TAHS just so when the decision is made the TAHS are lowest rank OZ team and how red faced the ARU will look.. But as one person pointed out to me on a FB site WTF is with Australian Rugby.. 90% of players in the suer clubs are either from NSW or have come thru the best lower grade comps in NSW.. I challenged him to produce the facts so he listed all the force players and were they came from only 15 of our squad came from the east or had any time at an east coast state.. He classed the likes of our South African and NZ born but moved to Perth as kids import players.. There is a lot of people over east pointing the Gun at the force.. I spoke to someone on the group and the NSWRFU top brass are lobbying that the WA team goes.. I asked this person honestly for a reason why and his answer was .. The NSWRFU think the growth of WA rugby has to potential to derail NSW and QLD as being a threat in providing great players to the national team and them loosing their MOJO.. He is a Warrtahs Supporter but wants a 5 team comp..

vCash
    Let's not forget, ARU has power of veto. If one team gets cut its because they WANT a team to get cut.
    . Both SA and NZ would veto any decision that doesn't suit their agenda, but ARU simply roll over and drop their pants.

No wonder we only get one letter in the acronym.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Let's not forget, ARU has power of veto. If one team gets cut its because they WANT a team to get cut.
    . Both SA and NZ would veto any decision that doesn't suit their agenda, but ARU simply roll over and drop their pants.

No wonder we only get one letter in the acronym.
    Will be the biggest sellout in Australian history

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I barrack for any team that play's the TAHS just so when the decision is made the TAHS are lowest rank OZ team and how red faced the ARU will look.. But as one person pointed out to me on a FB site WTF is with Australian Rugby.. 90% of players in the suer clubs are either from NSW or have come thru the best lower grade comps in NSW.. I challenged him to produce the facts so he listed all the force players and were they came from only 15 of our squad came from the east or had any time at an east coast state.. He classed the likes of our South African and NZ born but moved to Perth as kids import players.. There is a lot of people over east pointing the Gun at the force.. I spoke to someone on the group and the NSWRFU top brass are lobbying that the WA team goes.. I asked this person honestly for a reason why and his answer was .. The NSWRFU think the growth of WA rugby has to potential to derail NSW and QLD as being a threat in providing great players to the national team and them loosing their MOJO.. He is a Warrtahs Supporter but wants a 5 team comp..
    The development or growth of rugby in wa is at best a disaster. RWA have dropped the ball on this one.
    The number of kids coming through the ranks u14-u16 has been decreasing at a rapid rate over the last few years which now reflects in the number of u18-u20s teams.
    They don't even have a draw up yet as the clubs are struggling to commit to field teams and the quality I have seen to date wouldn't have any other state quaking in there boots

vCash
    Really? Aussie superleague? Anthony mundine? I don't know whether this ARU are good enough to clam biggest anything in aussie history

C'mon the

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast