Thread: Lance off for French Holiday

Senior Player
    vCash

Lance off for French Holiday

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/2016/11/13/08/08/Wallabies-Barbarians-inclusions

New additions could feature in France Test
    TODAY AT 5:00 AM INTERNATIONAL
    by Beth Newman
    Jono Lance will join a contingent of eight players to become part of the Wallabies touring party this week, with the prospect of being selected for Australia's third Test against France

Lance will join Australia’s seven Barbarians players - Toby Smith, Sam Carter, Nic Stirzaker, Paddy Ryan, Luke Morahan, Taqele Naiyaravoro and Andrew Ready - in Paris this week ahead of the third Spring Tour Test and a midweek tour match on November 24 against the French Barbarians.

It's not just the tour match against a French Barbarians outfitthat they will be considered for, with the potential for some players to come into the Test team this Saturday.

The Force flyhalf was a standout for NRC champions Perth Spirit after an injury-hampered Super Rugby season.

Luke Morahan crossed twice for the Barbarians. Photo: Getty images
    The group will train alongside the Wallabies and will be based in the south of France ahead of a November 24 match in Bordeaux against the French team.

Aside from Lance, the players have all been with the Barbarians in the past fortnight, playing matches against South Africa, the Czech Republic and Fiji.

Morahan was a standout among those matches, scoring doubles against South Africa and Fiji.

Carter's chance could be an especially important one, with incumbent starting Wallabies lock Adam Coleman under an injury cloud after straining a medial ligament against Scotland.

Sam Carter has been on the fringes of Wallabies selection this year. Photo: Getty Images
    These eight would potentially join the Wallabies development players - Andrew Kellaway, Jack Dempsey and Izaia Perese - as well as high-profile squad addition, Marika Koroibete in featuring in a Wallabies XV to take on the French Barbarians.

Taniela Tupou is the only development player not eligible to play in any match, with the Reds youngster still short of the three-year residency required to represent Australia at a senior level.

"We had always planned to bring in these players for the France week after the seven lads wrapped up with the Barbarians," Cheika said.

"Five of the players have Test experience for the Wallabies and while it's good to bolster our numbers ahead of the Wallaby XV game against the French Barbarians, we may consider them for selection against France this weekend."

The Wallabies arrived to Paris on Sunday ahead of the third Test of their Sring Tour this Saturday.

Australia vs France will be shown LIVE on SBS and Foxtel's beInSport, kicking off at 7am AEDT. The French Barbarians game will take place on Thursday November 24 in Bordeaux, kicking off at 6:45am AEDT on Friday November 25.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think jono is a long shot and I'd prefer him to train with the squad and do a wallaby pre-season but Luke should walk into the team, because Speight has sacked donkey balls since regaining his spot.

Who would have thought the force would be genuinely providing the majority of the outside backs options for the national team?

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think jono is a long shot and I'd prefer him to train with the squad and do a wallaby pre-season but Luke should walk into the team, because Speight has sacked donkey balls since regaining his spot.

Who would have thought the force would be genuinely providing the majority of the outside backs options for the national team?

I agree Morahan should come straight in to replace Speight this week and Carter should replace Coleman.

Player
    vCash
    So is the cash strapped ARU paying for 8 additional players to holiday in France! Money well spent, my arse.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    So is the cash strapped ARU paying for 8 additional players to holiday in France! Money well spent, my arse.
    Very good point. That type of wastage plays straight into the hands of the "luminaries" and their bandwagoners.If it's just the France leg, I wouldn't quibble about a few hotel bills for the Baa Bass.

vCash
    A good opportunity for him I suppose but just don't f""ing break him.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    From rugby.com.au

...Eight new additions to the team for the next two weeks, in Australia’s seven Barbarians players and Jono Lance, have only added more intrigue to the mix.

The man most likely to make his way into the side [for the french test] would seemingly be Luke Morahan, who narrowly missed out on the initial 23-man squad, after two standout performances for the Baa-Baas.

“It’s been pretty clear that we’ve been interested in Luke from the start of the year,” Cheika said.

“He hasn’t got himself a start as yet, he had one game off the finishers and I’m sure he’s eager."

“When I asked him about the possibility of going to Baabaas and then coming here, he was very keen on that idea because I think he’s still very hungry to play for Australia...

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/11...njury-comeback