Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    The news has reached ARU HQ and they are reporting on the story in their news feed, with a link to the sign up page

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/10...-fan-ownership

They have even tweeted it too

#owntheforce
    That's the same article from planet rugby.
    Even mentions that it's only annual

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    It's legit. But it says to me that all the chatter from the east about us being for the chop must be true. RugbyWA wouldn't be going public with this otherwise.

I'm definitely in.

Think it's also time for me to pen a letter to the Premier, Sports Minister and my MP, Julie Bishop.
    Me too Alison! I'm in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wow! Started with a single Trump reference a few posts back. Now you're on a roll. Full on Septic Election rant.
    What's next a Crooked Hillary diatribe? The return of Chiselhead?

.....and yes The Force being successful would be a great ROI. Otherwise we'd be in the same situation down the track.
    I could launch into a rant about your lefty mates KRUDD and Commy red Gillard who donated millions and millions of Australian tax payers money to the Clinton slush funds to buy a vote for KRUDD to get him elected to the united nations gravy train...or how commy red Gillard did all the spade work for her Union mates to set up a direct debit from the workers superannuation fund ripping off hospital tea ladies of their retirement nest eggs so they could buy property with it....
    The Force could get very rich using the corruption tactics of left wing politicians

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Not bad. But pretty predictable.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Okay, I think there is a bit of tunnel vision here.

5,000 individual purchases likely won't happen. As someone said it will be a prestige thing. So why won't a business put in $10k or a club fundraise for the same. One person $1,000 could be steep but a group of mates not so much so. A sponsor on the back of a shirt is nice but think of the ego boost if you put that money into attempting to get on the board to have a say on how the club is actually run.

Why would this ever be a one off lifetime deal? That would be pointless in my opinion. The year long period sounds fine to me as if we assume that a majority of the purchases would be by businesses or rich people wanting the ego boost it would not be a huge struggle I wouldn't think. And think, why would you settle on $5m and that's it when you can get $5m+ per year and become an absolute powerhouse.

This is why Barcelona can match Real Madrid in European Football. They have a bunch of rich benefactors willing to put a good amount of money in and Barcelona have to make sure they are smart with their money so it keeps rolling in. Opposed to Real Madrid which is bankrolled by pretty much the Spanish government from what I understand, so Real Madrid just sit back and blow their money on whatever is available to them.

Australian Rugby is like Real Madrid whereas the Force need to be smart like Barcelona, $5m for good or $5m over 3-4 years isn't suitable, that keeps us afloat, it doesn't make us a world beater.

Bit of a rant, but I don't really see how a one off $5m revenue raise can get us to where we need to be.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Okay, I think there is a bit of tunnel vision here.

5,000 individual purchases likely won't happen. As someone said it will be a prestige thing. So why won't a business put in $10k or a club fundraise for the same. One person $1,000 could be steep but a group of mates not so much so. A sponsor on the back of a shirt is nice but think of the ego boost if you put that money into attempting to get on the board to have a say on how the club is actually run.

Why would this ever be a one off lifetime deal? That would be pointless in my opinion. The year long period sounds fine to me as if we assume that a majority of the purchases would be by businesses or rich people wanting the ego boost it would not be a huge struggle I wouldn't think. And think, why would you settle on $5m and that's it when you can get $5m+ per year and become an absolute powerhouse.

This is why Barcelona can match Real Madrid in European Football. They have a bunch of rich benefactors willing to put a good amount of money in and Barcelona have to make sure they are smart with their money so it keeps rolling in. Opposed to Real Madrid which is bankrolled by pretty much the Spanish government from what I understand, so Real Madrid just sit back and blow their money on whatever is available to them.

Australian Rugby is like Real Madrid whereas the Force need to be smart like Barcelona, $5m for good or $5m over 3-4 years isn't suitable, that keeps us afloat, it doesn't make us a world beater.

Bit of a rant, but I don't really see how a one off $5m revenue raise can get us to where we need to be.
    At least its a positive start! Naysayers to the East Side Please!!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    BLR I think you have an interesting take on.

Can I get your opinion on something?

Are you suggesting that the Force/RugbyWA Management utilise the $5 Million for hiring of talent - like what happened when the "Fuel Additive Mob Who Shall Not Be Named" where around?

I thought the collective opinion of Supporters was that we wanted a WA Talent base rather then a Mercenary checkbook based squad?

Or am I missing the point?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Well I am viewing it from what I view of Barcelona, as they are the most famous example of this structure. I believe the strength of Barcelona isn't the players they have but the organisation and talent identification processes they have in place. To get the best and brightest talent scouts in the world will be much more cost effective and results effective then the Mercenary way of doing things like Real Madrid do.

An example, Lionel Messi, identified very young and was in the Barcelona system at the age of 13. He became the worlds best player for quite a few years and never seemed like he was going to leave the club because he knew that the structure of the club itself was second to none & already it was pretty much his home team.

More influx of cash, if used wisely, would hopefully allow us to give world class training to local products, identify possible future stars, not just from the East coast(dependent on the cash flow), and further down the line if we have that solid base of academy players but need a quick fix and have the cash flowing in, why not buy a player who is the missing link to winning a championship. Barcelona spent big money on Suarez but they have a huge amount of other stars behind him, Suarez is just the cherry.

I hope that make sense, the money will hopefully help us to build the kind of foundations NZ clubs have and if it keeps coming in then the sky is the limit potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    BLR I think you have an interesting take on.

Can I get your opinion on something?

Are you suggesting that the Force/RugbyWA Management utilise the $5 Million for hiring of talent - like what happened when the "Fuel Additive Mob Who Shall Not Be Named" where around?

I thought the collective opinion of Supporters was that we wanted a WA Talent base rather then a Mercenary checkbook based squad?

Or am I missing the point?

vCash
    The word is spreading far and wide, now being reported in South Africa, irrespective of the outcome we are showing just cause that there is more to the Force than just being a number in the competition

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/...-hopes-on-fans

#owntheforce
    #wewillsurvive

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    A quick look at Wikipedia about the green bay packers, which the force are basing this on, says that you purchase a share in the associated not for profit foundation. Like any company share you only pay once, unlike a company share you cannot trade it.

The packers have held several rights issues over their lifetime with some of them being a way to generate capital for stadium upgrades etc. It doesn't look like it is used for day to day expenses.

My reading of what Sinderberry stated in article is that the funds raised are a way of saying to the ARU we have the money and support to keep us going for anothe 5 years, assuming we keep losing 1 million a year. If we start breaking even the capital stays as a form of protection for lean years. If after 5 years te money is gone then another share issue may be done.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Well I am viewing it from what I view of Barcelona, as they are the most famous example of this structure. I believe the strength of Barcelona isn't the players they have but the organisation and talent identification processes they have in place. To get the best and brightest talent scouts in the world will be much more cost effective and results effective then the Mercenary way of doing things like Real Madrid do.

An example, Lionel Messi, identified very young and was in the Barcelona system at the age of 13. He became the worlds best player for quite a few years and never seemed like he was going to leave the club because he knew that the structure of the club itself was second to none & already it was pretty much his home team.

More influx of cash, if used wisely, would hopefully allow us to give world class training to local products, identify possible future stars, not just from the East coast(dependent on the cash flow), and further down the line if we have that solid base of academy players but need a quick fix and have the cash flowing in, why not buy a player who is the missing link to winning a championship. Barcelona spent big money on Suarez but they have a huge amount of other stars behind him, Suarez is just the cherry.

I hope that make sense, the money will hopefully help us to build the kind of foundations NZ clubs have and if it keeps coming in then the sky is the limit potentially.
    Like the Future Force Foundation?

Player
    vCash
    Pardon my iggorance ,but although this fundingplan hopefully shows WF have fan and community financial support, does it provide any intrinsic protection from being culled?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Like the Future Force Foundation?
    On steroids and with the rest of the organisation being run just as well.

vCash
    There are articles on both GnG Rugby (Monday's news) and The Roar (http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/10/31...ave-franchise/)

I can only encourage you to get over there and post POSITIVE comments on these articles to ensure the word get's out there.

Rookie
    vCash
    All,
    I'm one of the organisers of this campaign and can assure you it's part of a detailed and well considered strategy to both ensure that we are not the ones on the chopping block if Sanzar are looking to reduce Super Rugby and secondly to ensure we have a successful and sustainable Super Rugby program in WA together with all the flow down benefits this will bring to Rugby at all levels. As of yesterday we had around 1200 pledges and we are just getting started. You will see the Force Field fire up big time.
    Make a point of asking at least one of your friends or family to sign up. The benefits are real and for a lifetime.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast