Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Some positive suggestions, nice change. But 100% - jury's out on that one. The pie-in-the-sky aspect with respect to coach/player recruitment is still evident - unless buckets full of money have magically arrived lately.
    Nah - NFJ hates us.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Nah - NFJ hates us.
    Maybe, he's never made it obvious if he doe's, AFAIK. His mate, the letter writer put it beyond any doubt yesterday, though.

Champion
    vCash
    Is there a link to Papworths show from yesterday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Is there a link to Papworths show from yesterday?
    I think they only podcast some interviews and segments. I couldn't listen to it all. Don't think they mentioned Own The Force. I also e mailed the link to Nick Taylor's article re the players buying in. No mention.

BUT just before the end of the show they were talking about why sports try to expand their territory. Gavin Robertson decided to push a few of Pappy's many buttons - as he often does - adding something like "You know Brett; like your sport has with Rugby in WA"

"Oh yeah, that mob. Yeah they're really flying. Going great. If it was up to me I'd move 'em tomorrow"

It was something they'd obviously discussed off air that day and Robbo got him hook line and sinker.

Unfortunately that doesn't get OTF any traction, though. Nor did it get the link onto their BookFace.

It's talk-back though, so anyone more articulate than I - and that would be most of you - can give it a shot any day on 131269 12:00 to 4:00. Papworth is only there Wed-Fri so Monday or Tuesday might be the go? .....

BTW their mantra is that they don't screen calls. Any opinion is welcome - within reason. And they get some doozies. The policy obviouly doesn't apply to which e mails are read,though

http://2smsupernetwork.com/talkin-sport/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 12-11-16 at 14:51.

Champion
    vCash
    Ok, so his next bright idea was to spend a heap of money the ARU doesn't have to relocate a franchise. You know, renegotiate all commercial contracts, housing costs, rehiring new staff, etc

Next thing you know his idea to stop inflation is to print more money. Dropkick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Ok, so his next bright idea was to spend a heap of money the ARU doesn't have to relocate a franchise. You know, renegotiate all commercial contracts, housing costs, rehiring new staff, etc

Next thing you know his idea to stop inflation is to print more money. Dropkick!
    Maybe he's still cranky that his attempt to head up a Western Sydney NRC bid was rejected? Maybe he's thinking bigger.

I know he's still holding a grudge that Foley would not let Cheese and a couple of others play for the Woodies in the Shite Shield GF a few years back. Said that on air too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Mark Sinderberry was just interviewed on 720 - said they've cracked the 3000 mark.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Mark Sinderberry was just interviewed on 720 - said they've cracked the 3000 mark.
    Now is that 3000 individual responses of interest or 3000 made up of multiple responses from the survey . That is very important as well as actually getting people to put their money where their mouths are.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    It would be 3000 individual EOI's as the software used by RugbyWA would reject multiple registrations of the same email address. Plus RugbyWA have annouced they haven't yet decided if multiple share options are to go ahead.

Rookie
    vCash
    I can remember as plain as day an interview with NFJ when the Force first started. Back then he said on the TV that he believed the new franchise (Force) shouldn't be in WA as the only rugby supporters here were expat Poms, Kiwis and Saffas. I remember shouting at the TV that they all have Aussie kids.
    That smarmy piece of shit has never been our friend,

vCash
    The "flamin' mongrel" Ray Meagher (Neighbours?) has done a video and bought in. Daughter shared on BookFace but buggered if I know how to link it. Ray played 5/8 for the Reds - so long ago that I don't remember it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Scott Fava just posted a message of support for Own the Force on Facebook.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    That one Shasta?

vCash
    Yup.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast