vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You're right, of course.
    Incorrect. Time to feed the troll his own genitals

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Baby Faced Assasin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I am beginning to wonder if this petition is helping or hindering RugbyWA.

With the OwnTheForce Initiative in full swing - I am worried that the petition is getting in the way.

I would really appreciate some guidance.

Can someone who has the means - please speak to someone within RugbyWA and get back to me??
    No wuckers big guy.
    A fan driven agenda lends support to saving the Force. Having thousands of raving fans signing a petition to keep professional rugby in WA with the Force can only be good.
    We need more signatures. It needs to be shared on every club Facebook page in WA.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I asked that very question of RugbyWA last week. They said they would get back to me after consulting with Mark Sinderberry.

I think that if it were really hindering them they'd have let us know by now.
    Time to ask again

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    It all adds up to combined efforts showing that the Force has a loyal and dedicated fan base.

As much as I would hate to see any franchise taken to the wall, there was writings on a brumbies forum acknowledging the Force fans - our unity and organisation with the group.

Every effort is worth it, even if they overlap at times.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I concur, I think both have an important role in keeping the Force in the public's eye however I think we need to differentiate the petition to highlight it is a fan driven initiative.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Just one more for 2000 - anyone, anyone, Beuller? Beuller?

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    That's a worry X. That's depressing I thought you'd have hit k5 in days. Maybe there are to many "I'll leave it to someone else" people out there.
    Good try and thanks for setting it up.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    1500 in 2 days - 2000 in over 8.

It is what it is.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I need to write an email to Bill Pulver of the ARU. So I can present or at the very least make him aware of the petition.

Any wordsmiths out there willing to assist me please?

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Here is the draft email I am about to send to Bill Pulver - any suggestions would be appeciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Mr Bill Pulver
    CEO Australian Rugby Union.
    Mr Pulver,
    My name is Simon Powell. I am a committee member of the Hawkesbury Agricultural College Rugby Union Football Club that participates in Division 3 of Sydney Suburban Rugby Competition.
    I am also a Perth born Sydney based fan of the Western Force.
    Over the past months I have become increasingly concerned regarding rumoured changes to the Super Rugby Competition with respect to participating teams - in particular that the Western Force is to be cut from the competition.
    It is rumoured that the 2017 season will be the Western Force's last.
    As a Western Force fan since inception, these 'publicly announced' rumours have been difficult to accept and I felt the need to do something to demonstrate to yourself, the ARU, and SANZAAR Board that Western Force fans will not accept lightly any moves to shut down our team.
    In the of just over 3 weeks I have collected over 2000 signatures via an online petition I launched on www.change.org - a remarkable effort considering there has been little to no coverage of the petition apart from the assistance of www.twf.com.au (a Western Force fan owned and run website).
    The petition can be found here: https://www.change.org/p/bill-pulver...tern-australia

For your convenience, the petition states:
    "There is an opinion that there are currently too many teams in the Super Rugby Competition and that it is not sustainable in its current format. For some the quick and easy solution is to disband the Western Force based in Perth, Western Australia.
    This solution is not acceptable to us. The Western Force has had to fight for everything that it has and has cost the Australian Rugby Union virtually nothing to get to where it is, whilst growing the sport of Rugby union on the West Coast of Australia.
    After 10 years, pathways for local players are maturing and Australian Rugby is seeing the fruit of the investment in The Force in the inclusion of WA players in the Wallabies.
    The Perth Spirit have won the 2016 National Rugby Championship with a mix of Force players and local club players. They have made the finals every other year.
    The Force have also opened up opportunities or players from other states who may have never had the chance to prove themselves and go onto higher honours such as the Wallabies.
    Western Force employees, players, supporters and local community volunteers put a lot of hard work into growing WA community rugby, to the benefit of Australian rugby, with the long term goal of watching and enjoying the game of Rugby Union anywhere in Australia.
    We do not believe that any team in Super Rugby should be removed as a quick and short sighted fix to poor Expansion planning in the move to 18 teams.
    We seek your support in allowing The Western Force to continue its journey in growing Rugby for the benefit of all Australians."
    <end>

There is no doubt that the last couple of years have been financially difficult for Australian Rugby, however we are starting to see the benefits of the wider developing community. The Western Force continues to develop local talent - in 2006 John Wellbourne was the only WA born player in the Western Force starting 15... in 2016 that number is 6, demonstrating that the local player development has been significant and successful.
    Players like Dane Haylett-Petty and Adam Coleman breaking in to the Wallabies starting 15 are an example of this. Without the Western Force these players would still be running around in club rugby and likely to never get a run with the Established Super Rugby team in the Rugby Heartland.
    Mr. Pulver I believe that Australian Rugby needs to continue to develop a National footprint. Rugby needs to represent all of Australia not just the traditional heartlands of New South Wales and Queensland. Continued support of Rugby outside of New South Wales and Queensland is vital to the development of our Game. Support of the Western Force in the short term can only benefit the long term future of Rugby in Australia. It is your responsibility to ensure that we leave our game in a better position than we found it.
    Should you wish to discuss this with me, I would be happy to talk to you at any time.

Yours In Rugby

Simon Powell

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Just the spelling of "Welborn" and maybe mention something about being the state with the largest rugby community outside NSW and QLD.

vCash
    Perth is also on track to be the 3rd most populated city in Australia in 10(ish) years.

vCash
    13th line down, i think you missed "space"

"In the of just over 3 weeks I have collected over 2000 signatures"

Other then that looks good. Thanks for you efforts Exile

vCash
    X, I don't think we have 6 WA BORN starting players. D&RHP were born in ZA for starters. I think we have quite a few more than 6 in the whole squad thru WA pathways. Not sure of the numbers. Maybe one of the clubbies can tell you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Perth is also on track to be the 3rd most populated city in Australia in 10(ish) years.
    was on track
    now we're going backwards

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast