Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Save the Western Force Petition

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I am and always have been willing to edit what we say.

I cant do this by myself - help me out please.............

The Western Force employees, players, supporters and the many volunteers putting the hard work into growing WA community rugby, to the benefit of Australian rugby, do not deserve to be the scapegoat of short sighted Administrators looking for a quick fix.

Is this better?
    Scapegoat of poor recent expansion decisions and poor leadership by SANZAR that now require a quick fix.
    After 10 years in development the force is seeing the local pathways mature, all to be destroyed by a quick fix solution.

Was pondering the wording today and realised that removing the corrupt politics line might make it palatable for the Force to promote it.

But I do feel highlighting it is a failure of SANZAR in its expansion that we are in this position.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    X, are you able to change the wording now it's underway? Sooner the better if you can. Like said above, it likely needs that to get some official traction, if that's even possible.

vCash
    Might be hard for RugbyWA to support/promote it whatever the wording as the ARU is now the employer of players and staff. I know I'd be banned from doing likewise if it were my employer who was the subject of the petition.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Yes - it can be edited now

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    just went past 300

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Seriously people! Maybe South African politics is corrupt. But having that in there is totally going to alienate some of your support..

Petitions need to be worded in a positive but objective way. Offering a "WIN" to those who sign on.

Doing the "look poor victimized us" track will get you less support than you should have. Whining usually drives away the moderates and they are the people that can make a difference in cases like this.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Might be hard for RugbyWA to support/promote it whatever the wording as the ARU is now the employer of players and staff. I know I'd be banned from doing likewise if it were my employer who was the subject of the petition.
    Good point Alison.

In that case I definitely believe a statement about poor sanzar management is worth it,if nothing else it highlights to the higher ups where us mug punters believe the fault lies.

of course highlighting the positives of the Force should be the majority of the letter.

Last edited by DazloT; 24-10-16 at 18:25.

Player
    vCash
    Does this work?

There is an opinion that there are currently too many teams in the Super Rugby Competition and that it is not sustainable in its current format. For some the quick and easy solution is to disband the Western Force based in Perth, Western Australia.

This solution is not acceptable to us. The Western Force has had to fight for everything that it has and has cost the Australian Rugby Union virtually nothing to get to where it is, whilst growing the sport of Rugby union on the West Coast of Australia.*

After 10 years, pathways for local players are maturing and Australian Rugby is seeing the fruit of the investment in The Force in the inclusion of WA players in the Wallabies.

The Perth Spirit have won the 2016 National Rugby Championship with a mix of Force players and local club players. They have made the finals every other year.

The Force have also opened up opportunities or players from other states who may have never had the chance to prove themselves ans go onto higher honours such as the Wallabies.

Western Force employees, players, supporters and local community volunteers put a lot of hard work into growing WA community rugby, to the benefit of Australian rugby, with the long term goal of watching and enjoying the game of Rugby Union anywhere in Australia.

We do not believe that any team in Super Rugby should be removed as a quick and short sighted fix to poor Expansion planning in the move to 18 teams.

We seek your support in allowing The Western Force to continue its journey in growing Rugby for the benefit of all Australians.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DazloT; 24-10-16 at 19:50.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The problem isn't expansion. The problem is NZ's failure to do so. In 10 years Aus and RSA have each added two teams. NZ none. Super Rugby is boring because few teams can compete with the Kiwis. Some will say expansion dilutes talent but thats crap- the NRC is just as enjoyable to watch even though any team can win on their day.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Good point Alison.

In that case I definitely believe a statement about poor sanzar management is worth it,if nothing else it highlights to the higher ups where us mug punters believe the fault lies.

of course highlighting the positives of the Force should be the majority of the letter.
    In any big organisation if the common plebs[us]point out any mistakes the big dog who wields the stick makes[SANZAR] they then adopt an 'up yours' attitude and we'll show you who run the show. You are then left pushing the proverbial uphill.
    I have however signed the petition and shared it with all my friends on Facebook, both of them have signed it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The problem isn't expansion. The problem is NZ's failure to do so. In 10 years Aus and RSA have each added two teams. NZ none. Super Rugby is boring because few teams can compete with the Kiwis. Some will say expansion dilutes talent but thats crap- the NRC is just as enjoyable to watch even though any team can win on their day.
    I'd say it's up to the other franchises to get their house in order through both player and coach development to get to a stage where they are enjoyable to watch and be competitive. The NRC is a work in progress but is about 3 levels down from Super rugby standard.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Signed on

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    2 levels,possibly,by NZ standards--but how about James's suggestion,another NZ franchise?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Does this work?

There is an opinion that there are currently too many teams in the Super Rugby Competition and that it is not sustainable in its current format. For some the quick and easy solution is to disband the Western Force based in Perth, Western Australia.

This solution is not acceptable to us. The Western Force has had to fight for everything that it has and has cost the Australian Rugby Union virtually nothing to get to where it is, whilst growing the sport of Rugby union on the West Coast of Australia.*

After 10 years, pathways for local players are maturing and Australian Rugby is seeing the fruit of the investment in The Force in the inclusion of WA players in the Wallabies.

The Perth Spirit have won the 2016 National Rugby Championship with a mix of Force players and local club players. They have made the finals every other year.

The Force have also opened up opportunities or players from other states who may have never had the chance to prove themselves ans go onto higher honours such as the Wallabies.

Western Force employees, players, supporters and local community volunteers put a lot of hard work into growing WA community rugby, to the benefit of Australian rugby, with the long term goal of watching and enjoying the game of Rugby Union anywhere in Australia.

We do not believe that any team in Super Rugby should be removed as a quick and short sighted fix to poor Expansion planning in the move to 18 teams.

We seek your support in allowing The Western Force to continue its journey in growing Rugby for the benefit o all Australians.
    Looks great to me Daz.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Correct. Expansions isn't the problem just the way it was done.

I Hope they sacked whoever gave them the figures that said 4 conferences would work.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast