Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Los Pumas Perth

vCash

During commentary, Sharpie was fairly scathing about Wallabies current back row and their lack of ball carries. He said it needs to be fixed.
    He said Benny Mac's the man.
    Okay I made that last bit up but I'm fairly sure I could read his mind.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hey Belief if you read some of my earlier posts I told people this months ago .. I was privy to information from a NZRFU insider that if the Australian and NZ Super teams did not do well 1 would be scraped in the next media deal.. The NZRFU pumped heaps into super clubs to show that the super 18 conference format would not work.. that's why they nearly got 5 teams in the finals but 5 in top 7 teams.. SANSAAR has been dominated by the SARFU and the kiwis thought they would show the 4 conference system is floored.. Australia could be the big looser in the next deal..

Yes I can remember your post and it seems the comments from those two back up what your contact in the NZRFU said. It doesn't look good for us in the West and you can guarantee the ARU won't introduce a draft system next season to even up the playing talent as they would never want to upset the Waratahs who think they own Rugby in Australia.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    With only 16000 fans in Perth why should the ARU carry on investing in WA?
    The 3/4 filled stadium was depressing! The win was no more than a win!
    Certainly hasn't convinced me that Cheika is the Messiah or even a passing aquaintanc! QC didn't learn how to tackle in France. Two missed tackle from him lead to a try by the Argies. Both our boys played well. Adam is and should be number on pick from now on, DHP had a much better game and it was great to see him get a try on his home track.
    Still can't get over the low turn out!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    With only 16000 fans in Perth why should the ARU carry on investing in WA?
    The 3/4 filled stadium was depressing! The win was no more than a win!
    Certainly hasn't convinced me that Cheika is the Messiah or even a passing aquaintanc! QC didn't learn how to tackle in France. Two missed tackle from him lead to a try by the Argies. Both our boys played well. Adam is and should be number on pick from now on, DHP had a much better game and it was great to see him get a try on his home track.
    Still can't get over the low turn out!
    Alright, let's pack it all in now then yeah? Good attitude.
    Why would the stadium be full against a team like Argentina? Look at the price, the lack of marketing and the fact the lack of ARU support over the last decade. What would you expect?
    Is it our fault for not showing up or the fault of the ARU for being clueless?

Veteran
    vCash
    well i enjoyed watching the game. Mr Turnstile was at his tackling peak. god, how is he in the wallabies?! the first 20 was good, and the last 20, but the middle was a bit of a worry. There were a lot of opportunities from half breaks for an offload which went begging, and it think that is something that needs to come into the game. the argies and NZ were both doing it, and it really gains meters.

Lineout was better, and Coleman had most tackles for the Aus, with 16 and he went off! he has played a solid sharpie-esque game. He also looks like he is trying to b an enforcer type lock, just hope he can control it.

Coopers yellow was friggen soft. "Tackling Player Without the Ball". he can't tackle!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Five things we learnt from Wallabies victory over Argentina

by JIM TUCKER Source: The Courier-Mail

AFTER losing six in a row, Australia are back in the winner’s circle following wins over South Africa and Argentina.

Here is what we learnt from the Wallabies 36-20 win over Argentina in Perth.

1 HUGE TICKER IN DEFENCE

The best reflection of a team desperate to get better is putting bodies on the line. Every Wallaby did in Perth because they won just 28 per cent of the ball, a staggering number not helped by being twice down to 14 men because of sinbinnings. Michael Hooper, Will Genia and Adam Coleman were huge in this area. Samu Kerevi was much improved

2 GOLDEN OLDIE

He’s only 28 but Will Genia seems to have been around forever. He was superb again, a snipe through the line, a clever pick-and-dive from the ruckbase for his second try and turnover pressure for his first. The Wallabies look far better with him at halfback.

3 PERTH’S FUTURE

The 16,202 strong turnout was average in a city with no AFL finals games in direct competition. The ARU has invested so much in Perth as a rugby hub, they must keep it going. That means doing more for the Western Force, not less.

4 QUADE COOPER

Two lovely inside passes for tries can be the difference in a Test. They were well worked last night. Still an enigma in defence. He is committed to the contact but is back to the old days where he just can’t seem to wrap and squeeze his arms for a complete tackle because he bounces off too many.

5 SEAN McMAHON

Brilliant run through three defenders and it took another two to stop a 20m run. The reserve backrower demands a bench spot every week because it set up a key try in typical style.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...5cfdc2bab888da

Senior Player
    vCash
    14 Dane Haylett-Petty:
    His running and tackling suggested he is growing into his role in the Test arena, but his kicking game needs plenty of work.
    7/10

5 Adam Coleman:
    Did some amazing work on defence - by some distance his most valuable contribution. Not that he shirks his duty in the other areas and that with a cut lip that was opened, again, early in the match.
    8/10

http://www.rugby365.com/opinion/seco...ngs-blitzkrieg

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trytime View Post
    Ask yourselves why select wessels if they have to win games!
    They selected Wessels becuase they believe he is the right man moving forward. In order to win games players must feel like they are developing, so they advance in thier skill level and would want to stay at the force because they feel like they are developing their game, and this is the area in the whole process of choosing a coach where Wessels excelled. Wessels also has the players backing which is also very important and I am sure another reason why he may have been picked. To win games we also have to see a whole coaching team which works well together, and combine each others strength and weaknesses to create a very good rugby program and we have to work with the ARU high performance unit to see where I program needs to improve compared to other rugby programs in Australia.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Last night to me was evidence that the ARU do care about rugby in Perth. The simple fact that we can now watch test rugby at a proper rugby stadium shows to me that they do care about us fans and our enjoyment of the game. Also during half time the announcer did advertise to everyone in the stadium that the perth spirit was playing on Sunday and that everyone should try and get down to the game. Also the ARU have helped us sign very good players in Meakes and Rona and the continual funding from the ARU to the future force foundation (which is the future of the force) shows they do want the force to prosper.

Last edited by volvo; 18-09-16 at 09:50.

Rookie
    vCash
    Due to a lack of funds I was one of those arseholes who watched the game on the tele. I thought Adam Coleman was a standout. He controlled the lineouts better than any Wallaby I have seen in recent years and his defensive effort was 1 for the record book for a second rower that I have seen for any team. His only blemish I remember was a loose carry , but I put that down to a perfect defensive tackle more than anything. Dane too is improving in leaps and bounds, if only he hadn't put those 2 popgun kicks down the middle of the park when coming out of defense. I hope Cheika and Wessels can somehow eradicate that from his game because I believe we are seeing the beginning of 2 champions in the making

Champion
    vCash
    I won't be going back to Nib Stadium anytime soon. Was sitting there with my boy when a bunch of pissed stoned dickheads sat behind me and then proceeded to carry on like absolute wankers.I turned round and told them to shut their mouths and how I wasn't going to put up with their shit all game.
    One of them stood up and started screaming obscenities and then threatened to knock me out . Security witnessed the whole thing and came up to me and asked if I wanted to move to another seat. I told them I was there first so they can move the wankers to which came the reply they would rather not have to do that.
    At least 4 young family groups in the immediate vicinity moved to other seating.
    Why were these people even allowed in. Reflects poorly on the security that let them in and reflects even worse on the security that didn't want to have go outside their comfort zone and deal with it.
    Even worse is that they were fellow countrymen and I can see where some people who post anti Kiwi stuff on this site are coming from.
    They were an embarrassment to all Kiwi's and the bloke that threatened to knock me out, well he can consider himself very fortunate that I had my boy with me.
    Nib Stadium security give yourself an uppercut

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    My Club had their Annual Test Match lunch yesterday, with Tim Horan as one of the Guest speakers. He told the crowd that the Force has two years to start winning and putting bums on seats, otherwise it's the end.
    I don't doubt it, but I hope someone had the stones to point out to him that with the ARU selecting the players, selecting the coach, owning the team and therefore responsible for all promotion and performance, there will only be one stopping point for any blame if that is the case.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Were they wearing their club jerseys Westie?

Senior Player
    vCash
    The game had a great atmosphere last night being at a proper rugby stadium. Adam Coleman is just getting better and he was an absolute tackling machine last night. Dane had a much improved try, great defense and what a beauty of try at home in Perth. Genia played really well and has really come back into form this year. As much as I dont like to say it, Hooper had a very good game last night and was also a tackling machine. TPN and Sean McMahon made huge impacts off the bench.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    that's why they nearly got 5 teams in the finals but 5 in top 7 teams..
    There was no way for the Kiwis to get five teams in the finals, even if they all went 15-0...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast