Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Coach announced - Dave Wessels

Champion
    vCash
    I deleted my post from last night bagging the coaching appointment. On reflection it is what it is and I'll reserve judgement until he's had a full season to implement his own idea's and game plan.
    It is going to take a while to undo the damage Stonefish created and it wouldn't be fair to not give him an opportunity to show us what he's got.

Make no mistake about it there will be a few seasons of grief coming up but if Wessels can show us he is prepared to embrace the modern game and at least attempt to implement the game we want to watch then any result after that is a win regardless.

The decision has been made and it's time to move on. I do like the look of the assistant coaching set up as well, over time this could gel quite nicely.

I have changed my philosophy in no small part due to The Inforcer's threat of eating his humble pie because if it's anything like his horse tipping you know it's gonna taste like shit.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I think the one thing that the All Blacks have shown us in the last 2 test matches is that they have put a serious amount of time in to training to improve on their Ball Skills.

Every team in Australia from the Wallabies to the East Katanning Mud Chooks needs to be doing Ball Skills Training sessions.

I only hope that Coach Wessels has recognized this too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Oh shit bloody Wessels- we've got NO chance now! What a waste of bloody time that was! Pity we've already renewed our membership. It's like going with Coles Home Brand products - cheap.

Get Luigi Savadamoni as the mascot - we not fancee but we cheeeep

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Idiot, no, probably more of a plonker tonkar.
    No a few on here who called me the Idiot as I have been saying that since 2014 that the ARU are here to run the force into the ground.. I had info and a source that I can't reveal who informed me of SANSAR plans. Not even an Australian spy but the NZRFU personal. The Super 18 is a trail and the SARFU were hoping it would put them in a dominate position in the comp.. My source is very reliable and he pointed out what has been happening....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I think the one thing that the All Blacks have shown us in the last 2 test matches is that they have put a serious amount of time in to training to improve on their Ball Skills.

Every team in Australia from the Wallabies to the East Katanning Mud Chooks needs to be doing Ball Skills Training sessions.

I only hope that Coach Wessels has recognized this too.
    The ABs to less training on the paddock than the Wallabies as they do Haka Training once a week for 4 hours also lol Maybe we should get a war dance for the wallabies or get them doing kangaroo hops for a few hours a week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    In press conference Dave announced that 2 experienced assistant coaches will be joining the force in the next few days. Interesting to see who they will be.
    OMG im thinking - would they already be here so to speak, in the state, already in the club ...oh noooooooooooo

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Oh shit bloody Wessels- we've got NO chance now! What a waste of bloody time that was! Pity we've already renewed our membership. It's like going with Coles Home Brand products - cheap.
    Like the man says - Cheep, Cheep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    The best thing I took out of that interview was the comment about not being match fit this year and ensuring training is done at game day pace to improve fitness.
    that's down to the strength and conditioning! they previously had Dave Joyce in that role, and anyone that know S&C knows he's one of the best around.... sadly the Force let him go and he's now over at GWS and the rest they say is history...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    So is criticising and putting down someone without him having had a chance to prove his worth!
    He's proved very little in the 4 years he's already been here.

New coach comes in.... attacking this, ball skills that, improved fitness, no more kicking, etc etc..... everyone says, oh joy he must know what the problems are! Of course they know what the problems are, it's a professional business. It's their inability to fix them that's the fundamental issue here.

Had enough of management pissing down my leg & telling me it's raining thanks. It's the unconditional acceptance of mediocre rugby & the forgive all... just happy to have rugby in WA attitude that has put us in the position of being first on the chopping block if SANZAR cuts one team.

What happens at your workplace if there is redundancies? Do they keep the talented employees? Or the one's that might get better next year if we give them a chance????

Weakest go first I'm afraid! Basic fact of life

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    I'm thinking he's got a year from the GIGS household.

If there isn't some obvious improvement by this time next year I'll be done (because the ARU will be thinking essentially the same way)

It's not like obvious improvement will be difficult, win a couple and play for 80 minutes in more than half the games will be light years ahead of this year!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    The decision has been made and it's time to move on. I do like the look of the assistant coaching set up as well, over time this could gel quite nicely.

C'mon Westie who are they.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    He's proved very little in the 4 years he's already been here.

New coach comes in.... attacking this, ball skills that, improved fitness, no more kicking, etc etc..... everyone says, oh joy he must know what the problems are! Of course they know what the problems are, it's a professional business. It's their inability to fix them that's the fundamental issue here.

Had enough of management pissing down my leg & telling me it's raining thanks. It's the unconditional acceptance of mediocre rugby & the forgive all... just happy to have rugby in WA attitude that has put us in the position of being first on the chopping block if SANZAR cuts one team.

What happens at your workplace if there is redundancies? Do they keep the talented employees? Or the one's that might get better next year if we give them a chance????

Weakest go first I'm afraid! Basic fact of life
    No disrespect to you but he was not the head coach and all of your lamentations are only relevant to the person in charge of the Rugby program not his assistants. Who knows what ideas he might have had that did not get put forward. I am not saying that he definitely will do a good/great job but I am ready to give him a chance and wait a year before making a judgement of him as head coach.

Also everyone on this forum need to remember that this competition that we are in is the hardest Rugby competition in the world for clubs. So with limited talent in Australia as clearly shown by the Wallabies as well this year you cant expect miracles! At least I don't and I am happy to see my team play to the best of their abilities which they very often do.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post

C'mon Westie who are they.
    Sworn to secrecy but there are people coming and there are people going. You need to get out and about a bit more Choice.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Out of the loop once the season is over, fishing time now.

Champion
    vCash
    Decision is made, money an overwhelming selection factor it seems. Not much to do now except wait for the rest of the squad to be filled out, see a few new faces in the Future Force, wait for all the news stories about how great pre season is going and hopefully we get to see some positive movement towards tripling our win tally from this year and we are fitter and have a better skill level than ever before. I mean thats all we are really hoping for now, improvement.
    Hopefully the two experienced assistants being talked about are currently head coaching NRC.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast