Thread: Pulver Wont Rule out Cutting Super Rugby Teams

Player
    vCash

Pulver Wont Rule out Cutting Super Rugby Teams

If ever we needed to remain at the forefront of support for the Force and Rugby in WA in the current climate.....NOW is the time. Amid all the pain we don't want to lose our team. Get on board!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...26-gr26p3.html

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A metaphorical street I was on recently had word, from a very well-placed (but unnamed) sauce, that the days of the are numbered.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pulver should visit Britannia Oval on a saturday morning and see grassroots rugby in WA. What a great way to expand the game in Australia 'lets cut the number of top flight teams!!' and leave the kids in WA without a team to look up to and aspire to represent one day. WA has a large enough rugby community to support a franchise, we just don't have the support of the ARU (maybe up until now???). Oh well lets throw more money at the Tahs, Reds and Ponies after all it gets results lol!!!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Are there any figures on which Super Rugby teams have received the most ARU money over the years, in order to stay in operation?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 27-08-16 at 16:25.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Morning Herald
    The future of Australia's professional rugby landscape is clouded with uncertainty after ARU boss Bill Pulver admitted he was not sure how many Australian Super Rugby teams would exist beyond next season.

The SANZAAR joint venture is in the midst of a major independent review into the structure of the Super Rugby competition, the results of which are expected to be known by the end of the year.

A 16-team model that would see Australia and South Africa each surrender one licence, potentially as early as 2018, has been discussed at ARU board level. Pulver, only two years ago a staunch defender of the ARU's five-team 'national footprint' model, said he suspected Australia would retain five Super Rugby licences but admitted he was "not sure yet".
    The timing of this reported statement by Pulver is weird, and potentially destructive.
    September is when the Super Rugby teams chase membership renewals and new memberships, and September starts next week. Why muddy the waters by putting doubt into punters' minds about the future of their team when Rugby WA/ARU are chasing money from those same punters?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    The timing of this reported statement by Pulver is weird, and potentially destructive.
    September is when the Super Rugby teams chase membership renewals and new memberships, and September starts next week. Why muddy the waters by putting doubt into punters' minds about the future of their team when Rugby WA/ARU are chasing money from those same punters?
    How right you are and has there been any response from Mark Sinderberry. He needs to be heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    And SPONSOR'S!

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Any chance it might be the Brumbies to go?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Why not the Warratahs As they collect the biggest purse from the ARU.. If the ARU just scraped all the top ups and just paid match payments they would save heaps..How many layers are on top ups and never played a game this yr would be interesting...I did mention this awhile back and got called an idiot that there was an east coast push to centralise the game of Rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    This is disheartening why should I continue to support the force or rugby in general if the head of Aussie rugby is saying that they are going to cut a team, we all know who it is going to be. They don't have a head coach or a full playing roster no major sponsor, talk about scuttling a team what a wanker thing to do. I have been a member since the first year and shell out $800 a year for the privilege. I purchased test tickets last year and even after calling them don't have my tickets yet which is now the responsibility of the ARU talk about ineptitude isn't this what Pulver as the head administrator is supposed to be looking after.

Of course I will still support the force through membership this year as now we seem to be in a vicious cycle that if we as a rugby community don't support them it will prove the point the eastern staters are banging on about. I still fail to see how having the Force or Rebels means that the Wallabies captain can't throw into a line out straight for example.

Whinge whinge I know sorry

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Hey guys why should it naturally be us? What happened to last on first off? before the Rebels joined there was no talk of cutting a team.They are the fly in the ointment. I read somewhere we only need an average crowd of 16000 to break even. In the past when we had a team to support, we've had that. We've brought on Pocock, Brown, Oconner, Hodgeson , DHP, Coleman and a couple of others that I can't remember from nothing to Wallaby status=they' had Hodge. The Rebels have made the Force weaker- fuck them off and there won't be a problem.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I still fail to see how having the Force or Rebels means that the Wallabies captain can't throw into a line out straight for example.
    That's brilliant!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?