Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Mindless Chatter

vCash
    The game was very cool. Although the team we were rooting for Penn got whooped by Princeton. It was about 40-3 I didn't understand everything about the game especially the ref stopping the action much more than I noticed watching a Force game, but being on the sideline next to the head coach I certainly knew all the calls that the ref missed! There were a couple aussies on the team, along with a couple from SA, and several poms. Julian and his buddy Spencer really enjoyed it. Although they got bored in the 2nd half and borrowed a ball from the team and played around with a couple of other boys. They also were amazed that girls play rugby too. The woman's team was starting a game as we were leaving.

I put a few pictures in the gallery.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I reckon that the standard of play over there wouldn`t be anywhere near the standard of super 14, but you should have noticed the comraderie after the game is usually really awesome, at least it was when i played, no matter where i was. I don`t know what NFL is like but rugby has a real good social structure associated with the game. It isn`t just a game, but more a way of life and a fantastic breeding ground for strong bonds, the foundations of all good mates...Players who hate each other on the field are more often than not the first to buy you a beer after the game, no matter how much of a bastard you were on the pitch...It is a respect thing. Any ways, i hope you will attend a few more matches and the lads pick it up and at least enjoy it, i know when i was Julians age i used to love playing with the ball rather than watch, that is still totally cool, as at least he wasn`t at home playing X box eh...

vCash
    I was wondering why everytime they kicked the ball they kicked it way out of bounds. Than once they kicked it right up the middle and the coach was screaming at them. "NOOOO not in the center of the field"

vCash
    Did you work it out, or are you still needing a bit of advice... Basically, they kick for advantage, either finding touch and then having a chance of retrieving the ball at the line out, or kicking and chasing the ball causing an error, or at least shutting down the returning players options. When someone kicks right down the middle of the field, basically it leaves the returning player with a bevy of choices, left or right, straight ahead, return kick, use supporting players on both sides to return the kick...This is why the coach was screaming, as it meant more work in defence basically...
    That, and basically, coaches are prone to screaming fits, and random outbursts any way, thats just standard operating procedure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    That, and basically, coaches are prone to screaming fits, and random outbursts any way, thats just standard operating procedure...
    Coach = Wife

I understand why they kick and why not down the middle , but is it common to kick it out of play? Seems to me if they klcked it somewhat straighter it would go much further down the field. How often do they field a kick and kick it right back?

vCash
    a recent game against South Africa springs to mind, where Australia had a bright idea about kicking the ball all day, and it drove the Sydney crowd into a massive depression, and the whole game was appealling as a sh*t sandwich. Unfortunately, these games are occuring more and more, which is a blight on the "running" game that has become the spectacle which is appealing to more and more people worldwide. It is more typically a wet game where this gameplan is deployed due to the heavy conditions. Being a forward on games like these is both a blessing (if the ball clears touch) or a curse( when it gets caught and lofted back over there heads).
    PS we won that game against South Africa, but only just, and we were lucky...The coach got a bashing from the media and supporters alike about the horrible gameplan, but as he pointed out it is better to win ugly, than to lose pretty...or words to that effect

Coach= Wife, you bet ya

vCash
    oh how i love work.....I am sitting in the office to avoid smacking 2 staff members in the head! One of them just reffered to our trainee as his slave!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Don;t smack 'em - knock their heads together... Always worked for my mum with me and my brother

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Oh it think the 4 written warnings for each of them that my boss is going to walk into in the morning is going to be enough to see the back of them. Not to mention the several others that I could write up for one of them last week...

Oh what fun my boss is going to have tomorrow when he rediscovers why it is not a good idea to make me work sundays.... 9 written warning and counting.

Emily decided she didnt want to be here anymore and went home "sick"
    Sarah doesnt understand the concept of use your own register there is a reason why it is assigned to you.
    And the boys out the back are about to cop an arse kicking from hell!

Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today....

Last edited by AlcoholicStalker; 05-11-06 at 11:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    I'm glad I don't work for you AS! You sound like a mean and nasty boss!

J/K

vCash
    angry

vCash
    I am not usually that nasty but those 3 particular people really irritate me. And I have the pleasure of working with one again tonight....

vCash
    We all have our breaking point....maybe tonight will be yours! Why not just fire their asses?

vCash
    They are pretty close to going the way of un-employment. Written warnings are just covering my arse for when they do get fired.

Oh i am getting really excited! Not only is it Melbourne Cup day tomorrow but it is also the day my favourite Aunt's baby is due! I am hoping for a girl so I can teach her about rugby and cricket and she can grow up to be just like me

I cant wait and I am probably going to be in this hell whole called work when it is born so I will scare all of my customers!

Last edited by AlcoholicStalker; 06-11-06 at 14:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Well... anyone seen those Johnnie Walker Red Lounge ads on tv with Mike Hussey?

Turns out Dad won the chance to buy two tickets for the First Day of the First Test in the Red Lounge... I am sooo tempted to go BUT it is $200 per person just for the day, add into that flights to Brisbane (at least I have a place to stay for free, AS), it will be about $500 for a couple days entertainment BUT on the other hand it is a historic day and all that.

And my parents won't budge on letting me go... hmpf!

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

Page 13 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast