Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARU wipes $3m as Force bailout begins

Champion
    vCash

ARU wipes $3m as Force bailout begins

Good to finally get some details.

Nick Taylor - The West Australian on June 30, 2016, 12:01 am

The Australian Rugby Union has lifted a $3 million burden from RugbyWA in its new alliance with Western Force.
    The debt is made up of the accumulated deficit prior to last year, a $1.1 million loss from 2015 and further expected losses up to July 31 when the ARU effectively takes over the Super Rugby franchise.
    RugbyWA will continue to run community rugby and still has to repay the outstanding $1.1 million of a $2.4 million State Government interest-free loan used to help develop nib Stadium.

More here

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...force-bailout/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I note the bit that says it guarantees the future of the Force for at least four years under the current broadcast deal. Cleraly leaves the door open to close the franchise down after four years if they want to...

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    That "they" would have to be SANZAR though, because they are the one's who will be seeking the scheduling consistency and travel options that having a team in Perth offers. At the end of the day without a broadcast deal, there is no competition. They pull the strings and the individual unions are the puppets.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I note the bit that says it guarantees the future of the Force for at least four years under the current broadcast deal. Cleraly leaves the door open to close the franchise down after four years if they want to...
    Concerning..

Player
    vCash
    Getting rid of the Force would destroy Rugby in WA ala what happened to Rugby League after they got rid of the Reds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Ali poohbah, your being naughty - imagine what all the eastern staters are saying - "bloody force always getting help, we never get anything".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Ali poohbah, your being naughty - imagine what all the eastern staters are saying - "bloody force always getting help, we never get anything".
    Now I know what caused Papworth's bout of apoplexy when the Force were mentioned on the radio yesterday. Almost worth going broke for.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Good to finally get some details.
    You have to be jokin. This is just like the Federal Election. Full of weasel words and bs but nothin of substance.
    SO WHAT MORE DO WE KNOW?
    The ARU has provided $3 million up to end of July – the end of the Super Rugby Season for the Force.
    RugbyWA still runs community rugby and has to cover a $1.1 million debt. RugbyWA doesn’t even use NIB stadium – the Western Force does! So why is RugbyWA burdened with this debt?
    Force players and staff are employees of the ARU. Did the players have any choice? And a big heap of these players still have no contracts beyond the current season. Is that why the rumour machine about players leaving is running red hot?
    The ARU will continue to support the Force until 2020. With the SANZAAR and FoxSports arrangements they have no choice.
    In a joint statement by Howarth and Sinderpuppet at the RugbyWA annual meeting - Is this statement going to be made available to all stakeholders including Force Members?
    So apart from the $3 million amount really there is nothing new in this announcement which once again comes via The West instead of straight to stakeholders via the internet (which costs nothin).
    Still no accounts for 2015. Whats the bet this shows how starved Foley – the scapegoat - was for cash in running the player program? Foley was responsible for the team and game outcomes. Sinderpuppet was always responsible for running the Club and financial outcomes. What sponsor goin to come on board without being able to check how the cash is bein used?
    What about player contractss? The last game was at the end of May and now its nearly July. Is anything actually happening to keep core players or we just going to sacrifice all of these players including Hodgo – the Captain?
    Sinderpuppet said that it was urgent that Foley be sacked. Has he explained why to anyone? His short interview after the sacking provided nothin.
    The Queensland Reds appear to be keepin members informed about whats goin on about their new coach. Do we get to play tail end Charlie again?
    When can we expect some positive announcements about contract extensions, new players including marquee players appointments and progress on the new coach?
    Or are we just gonna get more crap until August when the ARU take full control?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    you forgot to add

The sky is falling, the sky is falling

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling
    To be fair the sky has fallen already (we just aren't being told).

The Force have 4 years left in the comp and then will be quietly closed down. The ARU don't need to ask anyone or consult with the fans as they now own us, but hay it was a means to an end for Sinders! The head of the fish continues to rot, but thank god we got rid of Foley?

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 01-07-16 at 13:29. Reason: quotes

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Im curious as to what information you expect out of RugbyWA/Western Force/ARU?

Surely you dont expect them to tell us about the approaches to 25 different player managers, or the ongoing negotiations with 8 current players.

you cant possibly, in all realms of reality expect to hear about the 3 Corporations that have been approached for Sponsorship and possible naming rights deal.

Sure it would be nice to have the inside information, but there has to be some secrecy until the deal is done.

For the Record - I have no insider information the numbers I have quoted I chose at random.

while we are at it - whats up with the hatered of Mr Sinderberry. Is it a Metro WA Rugby thing or something else?

last question Mr X - are you my Father?

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MovinFwd View Post
    are we just gonna get more crap until August when the ARU take full control?[/U]
    I think you just answered your own question. if the ARU aren't in actual control until August, I would expect no serious moves before August.

I assume Sinderberry has stolen your girlfriend, shot your dog and shit in your Cornflakes, because you appear to lay the blame for all the ills of the world at his feet.

HOWEVER I'm pretty disappointed that he was voiciferous in his statements that Foley would be retained until the end of year review which evaporated into nothing as soon as the money arrived. It smells a little mealy-mouthed to me. Why couldn't he have made less binding statements about the future of Foley and then not looked like he was going back on his word?

For my money, he had the easy out anyway. All he needed to do was imply that the new management wanted a change of coach and waiting till the end of season was not going to help.

I think everything about that story is all about Mark Sinderberry not wanting to look like he's not in control (but he appears to be less and less in control the harder you analyse the sacking)

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

last question Mr X - are you my Father?
    This

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    AGM was held on 29th June at Headquarters. All clubs, member unions, life members were notified 3 weeks prior. Copies of Annual Reports were made available to all whom attended. I expect the Annual report to go up onto the website soon. Presentations were made by Chairman of RugbyWa and ARU board director, both took questions from the floor. CEO made a short presentation and took questions.

So, please may I suggest you get hold of your local club president or be patient for a few days and you can see in the Public Domain the full Annual Report. If you cannot wait that long, I am sure if you get yourself to Rugby Headquarters, a copy can be handed to you.

Once you have read the full document you may see that many of your questions will be answered.

I guess to paraphrase a few comments from the AGM. " Up until now RugbyWa has not asked for nor received a single cent from the ARU, unlike all other Australian Unions". Talent Equalisation has fallen on deaf ears for the past 11 years and hence the incentive for Tier 1 players to move West is insufficient. Players recruited from NRL ( Hunt, Folau etc) have not been offered nor encouraged to head West. Waratah Salary cap is some $2.5mil more than ours. It is now in the best interests financially for the ARU to help with talent as they now have financial control. These are just some aspects your RugbyWa has had to deal with.

Why would the ARU close down the Force in 4 years? happy to hear why.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Why would the ARU close down the Force in 4 years? happy to hear why.
    Because it's all apart of a 15 year ARU conspiracy to destroy Rugby in WA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast