3 1.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Coach Speculation Thread.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    It's easy to preachy when you live 4000km away.

We as fans also have the right to vote with our feet/wallets if the organisation makes decisions that we are not happy with.
    You are absolutely right mate - and I apologise if my post sounds Preachy. It is unintended.

As fans your wallets are yours to do with as you wish - What I am trying to say (badly) is that by voting with your wallet and feet could, possibly, impact on the Force staying or going. Or at the very least Give the ARU the excuse they need.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by .X.; 03-09-16 at 22:30.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Im confused by this article naming Wessels as favorite to take over as head coach after being responsible for the worst defence in Super Rugby for the last 2 seasons. Michael Foley was sacked because he wasn't up to it and now we really, really, really want one of his apprentices? Money is a factor no doubt but so is things like past performance, ability to attract players, experience running a professional rugby program and effectiveness in previous rolls.
    We are a rugby club looking for a coach to revitalise and revolutionize our Rugby program. I don't think appointing an assistant coach with a less than average performance in a specified assistant role is going to go anywhere close to doing this for our Rugby program.
    I am happy to be proven wrong. I am hoping to be proven wrong but i doubt hiring a guy who just spent 3 and half years doing his apprenticeship under someone who wasn't up to the job will be a wise decision. Maybe he has learnt what not to do.

For the first time, my faith in the Force is starting to wane.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    maybe he was the only applicant?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Im confused by this article naming Wessels as favorite to take over as head coach
    "What have you got to lose", (Donald Trump). Get rid of them, and put in local Metro coaches, and volunteers in some of the positions. Seriously we've had everyone, and as far as the last six or seven seasons - it couldn't be any worse than some of the overpaid, high profile crap that's been dished up. It's obvious with very average assistant coaches getting the big gig that rugby is in money trouble. No choice, go local, pay the big bucks when they start getting results, not before.

vCash
    I've thought all along that Wessels would get the gig. Think I posted to that effect just recently. Difficult to see how he'll be any more successful than Foley but I guess we'll see.

As others have mentioned, the ARU is broke and those who run it don't seem able to see any further than the end of their old NSW private school tie.

Wonder if Sindeberry will apply for Pulver's job when he goes?....

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    You are absolutely right mate - and I apologise if my post sounds Preachy. It is unintended.

As fans your wallets are yours to do with as you wish - What I am trying to say (badly) is that by voting with your wallet and feet could, possibly, impact on the Force coming or going. Or at the very least Give the ARU the excuse they need.
    Yes I've been critical of that plod Foley but I've been pretty rock solid in my support of the side, I've only missed 2 home games in 11 years and I managed to watch both of them on TV, spent thousands more travelling the country to go to away games, have spent thousands of dollars in membership fees and countless amounts of merchandise but it's not my problem if RugbyWA continue to make poor decisions off the field which appointing Wessels would be.

Maybe the geniuses at RugbyWA should look back on 10 years of decision making before blaming a dwindling fan base.

vCash
    Was Wessels the coach of the Spirit when they made the grand final or was it Foote?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Rookie
    vCash
    Like everybody else I am disappointed and I feel a little betrayed when I read the article. If they were always going to pick the cheapest, then they shouldn't have spouted off about a big-named coach. Treat us with respect and tell the truth from the beginning.
    If we were going to go with a local coach, I was told that the Palmyra coach had taken the NZ Maori side on tour. If I wasn't being bullshitted to and indeed it is true, then not only would he be more qualified than Wessels, he would want the team to play in a far more attractive style.
    Anyway, whoever they pick, I for one am not after 11 years of membership, going to spit the dummy, drag my nappy in the sand and say fuck the Force.
    Look at what the Lions have achieved this year.At the beginning of the season they were a team of virtual nobodies and when you see Ackermann on the TV, he looks as though he is only running at about 95 cents in the dollar. We don't have to win the comp. , we just have to beat the Rebels. Geograph.ically, as far as the other sides are concerned, Perth is a way better stopover than Melbourne, and we have produced from scratch far more Wallabies than the Rebels. That makes us way more valuable to not only the comp. , but Australian rugby as well.
    With my Lions argument , we have a team of nobodies and being South African it wouldn't take much for Wessels to not look too bright so we have all the ingredients to reach next years GF

vCash
    I'm a little surprised the ARU can cry poverty; didn't they get a huge windfall in the new TV deal which was spruiked as the saviour of rugby, and haven't they just attracted a dozen or so league and overseas players to join the various franchises for next year?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think we just all need to clam down. This article could really only be speculation about who is the favorite to take over. Even the candidates there could only be speculation. We dont really know who the actual candidates are and who is the favorite to be chosen. If you remember back to the members forum Mark said we did not need the perfect coach but someone who has a mix of attributes that when supported and complemented in the right way can achieve success. If they do pick Wessels they may have seen a mix of strengths and weaknesses that he has which they think can be complemented to make the force a success.

Last edited by volvo; 04-09-16 at 08:26.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Was Wessels the coach of the Spirit when they made the grand final or was it Foote?
    Wessels and Foote Joint coaches 2014 NRC.
    Finished 4th with 3 Wins 5 Losses.
    Won First Final to clinch a Grand Final spot. Lost to Brisbane City.

vCash
    The next members' forum is on Weds 21 Sept. If the coach is known by then we can ask Mark why the successful applicant was considered the best fit for the job and how the ARU intends to support him in his role.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    I think we just all need to clam down. This article could really only be speculation about who is the favorite to take over. Even the candidates there could only be speculation. We dont really know who the actual candidates are and who is the favorite to be chosen. If you remember back to the members forum Mark said we did not need the perfect coach but someone who has a mix of attributes that when supported and complemented in the right way can achieve success. If they do pick Wessels they may have seen a mix of strengths and weaknesses that he has which they think can be complemented to make the force a success.
    Most coaches have attributes that can be seen by all prior to there application
    You are dreaming if only Sinderberry is the only one who can see through the clouds that this wet behind the ears assistant coach has has anything to offer
    The path is being laid for all supporters to understand why we choose such inadequate candidates
    You would only have to look at what came out of Nestors half time briefs at halftime which were televised for all to see
    This is why he has been here 12 years achieved nothing and the way Aussie coaching stocks are has not been courted by anyone else locally or internationally
    The whole setup is a massive cock up with no one learning a thing and is detrimental to Aussie and local rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Mark said we did not need the perfect coach but someone who has a mix of attributes that when supported and complemented in the right way can achieve success. If they do pick Wessels they may have seen a mix of strengths and weaknesses that he has which they think can be complemented to make the force a success.
    I think the main problem is that many (most?) of us don't trust the ability of the organisation to correctly identify shit from shine-ola

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think the main problem is that many (most?) of us don't trust the ability of the organisation to correctly identify shit from shine-ola
    what is shine-ola?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast