5 1.89%
  • Brian SMITH

3 1.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: New Coach Speculation Thread.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Also for those of you saying hodgo should not be part of the force in the future you are completely wrong. Hodgo is the heart and sole of the western force. I can definitly see hodgo when he retires being an assistant coach of the force, maybe only starting with a small job, later becoming a forwards coach and at some point in time becoming the head coach of the force. He is someone who is well respected and just quietly gets on with the job at hand and I would be happy to see Hodgo in the future as part of the coaching staff.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Well argued Volvo.
    Does anybody here really know what Wessels is like as a head coach? No. He hasn't had the opportunity to show anything yet. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until we see results. If things do not improve then he should not be the only to take the blame. Those who made the selection should be held to account.
    And let's not forget it is still only speculation

Senior Player
    vCash
    If any of you forgot....
    “I [Rona] spoke briefly with Michael Cheika to see what plans were in place for the Force. I wanted to have an insight, a clear future of rugby in WA and that I was going somewhere that was going to be a force in Super Rugby. He gave me clarification on that.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...e-swoop/#page1

Senior Player
    vCash
    Let's be honest the force has been a joke since day 1, they need a complete relaunch and start again. New board, new coaches and get rid of all the dead wood and new colours (black and gold like it should have been).

Wessels has been involved in the shambles for the last few years and hasn't shown any promise. We need new people with new ideas. Pretty much all the saffas we have recruited have been duds so that isn't working. So give the WA boys a go or try recruiting some kiwis. Watching the Mitre 10 cup most of these teams would beat the force and they can't all have super rugby contracts

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    There are currently 600 kiwis registered playing pro rugby around the world
    They can't play for the all blacks they don't look like they are needed in the local comp they must be doing something right
    They get paid less than the Aussies and show more dedication on and off the field
    Aussie rugby isn't broke they just choose to spend there money in different ways
    They would be better off looking at the same model as SA have just worked out you won't compete with them unless you are all heading in the same direction
    These high performance structures are jobs for there mates and for players with big muscles

And what ever you say Curtis Rona will be in a state of shock when he gets to the force Des Hasler wouldn't be someone to mess with and then he will arrive in vivid fairy land good luck

Rookie
    vCash
    Can't find any high performance programs within the NZRFU they are all development programs
    So as far as hodgo goes he may be a good bloke but his time has been and gone and is stopping the development of younger player
    Ritchie could still be running around but for what reason and there you have
    Sam Cane Ardie Savea the two Pryor brothers and a few others that would get a starting spot in any test team they haven't come from a high performance program they have been developed
    We potentially have a coach who hasn't learnt shit from anyone but understands that it is hard to get players here what a joke I you don't get that many opportunities to play pro rugby so piss them off and find ones that want it.
    Good coach should work that one out

Champion
    vCash
    Wow, lots of Super Rugby Coaches hanging out in carparks. Graham, Stiles now Wessels?

vCash
    I am also against Wessels, he's had his opportunities and achieved nothing as far as I can see. By all means keep him on as an assitant coach, but no way does he have experience to turn around the Force, unlike Stiles who at least has shown some coaching ability. Anyway, if he has been already picked, then why have the Force bothered to still be looking at other applicants from the get go - they already know their budget restrictions, so why look at potentials if you can't afford them? Possibly the West is blagging crap for a story line again!

vCash
    If Wessels is named as coach I will seriously think about not renewing my membership.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Rightly or wrongly. the ARU is broke.

Whist it would have been nice to have Lancaster or Meyer as our new head coach we were never going to have the funds for that type of move.

I bet that the Force/ARU will be paying Wessels less than what they paid Michael Foley.

AS for this being the first move by the ARU to dump the Force in 2 or 3 years. I think that if that is the case - I think its up to as as Fans of the Force to show them that is a mistake. We put bums on seats, we show up for fan days, we (if the funds are available) buy memberships and merchandise.

One thing all of us have in common, is that we have a love, a passion, for the game of Rugby Union.

The question is do you wish to continue to see a Super Rugby Team in Perth?

Yes I live in Sydney, I am just hoping I can shed a different light on circumstances. I love the Force, love WA and I have no desire to lose either.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    jumping off days bay wharf was my forte in my youth,those row boats were bombed continually!
    Karaka Bay and Scorching Bay heaps better. Way less bogans.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I heard that Weasel doesnt have much time for club rugby and force players playing for clubs; is that true?

Forget the head coach, what happens to Elwee? If he's still there we're doomed.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Rightly or wrongly. the ARU is broke.

Whist it would have been nice to have Lancaster or Meyer as our new head coach we were never going to have the funds for that type of move.

I bet that the Force/ARU will be paying Wessels less than what they paid Michael Foley.

AS for this being the first move by the ARU to dump the Force in 2 or 3 years. I think that if that is the case - I think its up to as as Fans of the Force to show them that is a mistake. We put bums on seats, we show up for fan days, we (if the funds are available) buy memberships and merchandise.

One thing all of us have in common, is that we have a love, a passion, for the game of Rugby Union.

The question is do you wish to continue to see a Super Rugby Team in Perth?

Yes I live in Sydney, I am just hoping I can shed a different light on circumstances. I love the Force, love WA and I have no desire to lose either.
    It's easy to preachy when you live 4000km away.

We as fans also have the right to vote with our feet/wallets if the organisation makes decisions that we are not happy with.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yeah,but you have to remember not to cut off your nose to spite you face

vCash
    Dave Wessels was defense coach in the two years our defense declined. I wonder what kind of ringing endorsement that is.

Richard Graham was skills coach with the wallabies in their worst skills period (except possibly for now) and that worked ok, didn't it?

I think the members who are questioning renewal have every right to do so. The force have been given plenty of feedback about the likely impact of this appointment along with hodgos contract. If the stuff both of them up, they might struggle to sell 5000 tickets

C'mon the

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast