Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Foley Dumped

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    How about 3 in the match day 23?
    Compared to the Waratahs who have 8. Plus the Tahs squad is full of guys who have had previous international experience. We need 6 or 7 in the Wallabies 23 man squad plus another 5 or 6 Force players who have the ability to play at international level. No disrespect to Marcel Brache, but he's an example of what I'm talking about. NSW recruit Zac Guildford who has almost 100 Super caps plus 10 AB caps and Brache has a grand total of 46mins Super experience prior to joining the Force. He previously played for the Ikey Tigers in the Varsity Cup in South Africa. Whoever they are. Jono Lance was previously playing for the NSW Country Eagles and a whole bunch of guys whose highest level of competition has been local rugby in Perth. How can people honestly expect us to beat teams with 17, 18+ internationals with a team so lacking in quality and experience. It's nonsensical.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Compared to the Waratahs who have 8. .......
    The Waratahs will always be the ARUs darling.

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Jono Lance was previously playing for the NSW Country Eagles
    And won player of the season in the NRC.
    He's probably one of the best 10's in Super Rugby at the moment and has been cruelled by injury

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    On Nathan Charles, I sincerely hope the guy is doing OK. I am concerned his illness might be starting to creep up on him. I really hope that's not the case.
    That thought has crossed my mind too. He's recently put something on his FB page about a new airway clearance vest he's been trying.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    On Nathan Charles, I sincerely hope the guy is doing OK. I am concerned his illness might be starting to creep up on him. I really hope that's not the case.
    Agreed, Whilst it's pretty much inevitable that his condition will shorten his career, I think everybody on here wants that shortening to be kept to the absolute minimum.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    How do you mean?
    I fear the shut down of the future Force, the junior pathways for u15/16/17 etc here in WA, as there will be no-one to facilitate them, as there one figure head in a large office doing nothing and everything run from the east.
    If WA is lucky a couple kids may be looked at to join squads over east - if they want to play in Oz.
    With the 3rd-4th positioned juniors in elite squads being pushed west at 20-21 to fill positions of Wider Training squads, to feed back into the NSW/REDs system when/if deemed good enough.
    What connection will anyone in the West have with the Force after 3-5yrs of that, leading to further reduced crowds and the calling of stumps at the 2020 (whenever) review.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    I fear the shut down of the future Force,
    In our meeting on Tuesday night Mark stated that the Future Force is the core pillar of building a sustainable product at the Force going forward and they and the ARU are totally committed to it. He proudly spoke about the progress of Scoble, Koteka and Hardwick and I have no doubt that this project will continue it is one the ARU have been and will continue to support.

I think any fellow TWF's with concerns like this really need to join us at the next meeting to get an insight into the bigger picture and committent to ensuring the Force reamains as a viable entity on the rugby landscape

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    In our meeting on Tuesday night Mark stated that the Future Force is the core pillar of building a sustainable product at the Force going forward and they and the ARU are totally committed to it. He proudly spoke about the progress of Scoble, Koteka and Hardwick and I have no doubt that this project will continue it is one the ARU have been and will continue to support.

I think any fellow TWF's with concerns like this really need to join us at the next meeting to get an insight into the bigger picture and committent to ensuring the Force reamains as a viable entity on the rugby landscape
    As I indicated, figure it will be used as a feeder to eastern states teams before the money runs out again.
    That possibly explains why already most of the juniors are from overseas and can be moved again if needed.
    I wonder now, if this had something to do with the Nick Jooste contract being moved over to the Brumbies from a junior/youth scenario.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Bloody great to see 3 Western Force players in the Wallabies team for the Melbourne Test against the White Orks.

I said I’d wait to see what unfolds after the ARU announcement and I have - time for an update - despite the situation being far from settled.

Tuesday’s TWF meeting with Sinderpuppet and Redpath (who finishes up next week) should not be the main game for the TWF group. What’s goin on at the Force has got nothin to do with RugbyWA or rugby fans in WA and everythin to do with the ARU and Sinderpuppet’s self interest.
    From what I’ve heard from journalists who attended Foley’s press conference yesterday the TWF group would be better informed if it had a regular meeting with the journalists as you’d really find out what’s goin on.
    Unified Force? – absolutely no bloody way. Sinderpuppet didn’t even attend this Press Conference and after Foley had said his bit and left nobody had been organised to answer the questions. So it was up to the Captain to step into the firing line once again. Reportedly Hodgo spoke from the heart and the hip. Seems that nobody, including the assistant coaches - who are being asked to step up - knew about the move which had been cleverly actioned the day before. Hodgo also confirmed what I’d said nearly a month ago – which many thought was BS – that Sinderpuppet and the ARU are trying to screw Hodgo. From Taylor’s article in the West it seems it’s because of his loyalty to Foley. What about his loyalty and efforts for the Western Force? This bloke bleeds blue bood. IF there is any desire to hold things together then I reckon Hodgo is critical. Like about a third of the squad he is ‘now pondering his future’. Thanks for the list andrewg. The problem isn't the players who we can afford to lose - it's with the ones we'd like to keep. Something has to happen and SOON as I bet phones are running hot.

From what Wayne Smith in the Australian had to say Foley was sacked at a kangaroo court on Wednesday. Sinderpuppet, ARU seniors (Pulver?) by telephone and 1 or 2 RugbyWA board members (including Charlie Fear). Seems that the other RugbyWA Board members were unaware of what was goin on as they were expecting Foley’s end of season review and there is a full board meeting next week.
    At least Foley is now available to be Cheika’s Forwards Coach for the Rugby Championships.

The official Sinderpuppet youtube is absolutely rubbish and long after the event. I wonder who the "WE" he talks about really are? Like Jo Bjelke Petersen - he never seems to answer the question – just says what he wants to say. Less than 2 minute of interview after the sacking of a coach? This shows just what the ARU and Sinderpuppet think of rugby followers in WA. Is this how ‘ongoing communication within accepted parameters’ is goin to work? (thanks for the words Tazzmania).

And what about the 2015 financial report? This must show just how much the shortage of dollars restricted Foley from doing his job and the reasons for the ‘limitations and lack of depth within the current player roster’ (Tazzmania’s words again).

It seems that Foley was prepared to stay and work with a new head coach in order to assist any transition. Obviously there’s no shortage of dollars movin fwd as the ARU/Sinderpuppet are prepared to pay for 2 coaches in 2017.
    At least the ARU and RugbyWA Board will now have to time to complete an end of season review – for Sinderpuppet - as the blood spilling needs to go further than Foley.

vCash
    I would be interested to know about what Foley's position was meant to be when he got here. Was it as a director of rugby?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    From news.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/s...63599ca8a9eb9c

"Former England mentor Stuart Lancaster emerges as a leading contender to take over from sacked Western Force coach Michael Foley
    JUNE 17, 20163:42PM
    VideoImage

Force dump Foley

DALE GRANGER
    PerthNow
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Google+
    Share on Reddit
    Email a friend
    FORMER England mentor Stuart Lancaster has emerged as a leading contender to take the reins of the struggling Western Force following the sudden axing of Michael Foley this week.
    It was reliably learned that Lancaster, who was sacked during last year’s World Cup after England failed to advance from the group phase as hosts of the global rugby showpiece, has already contacted Australian rugby authorities and put his hand up to succeed Foley and take up the coaching role in Perth.
    PerthNow was awaiting comment from Western Force Rugby on fast emerging developments as the race to fill the vacant role intensified, with Lancaster becoming the first high profile international coach to signal his desire for the job.
    Lancaster, if appointed, would become the second Test coach to take on the Perth job after foundation Force coach and former All Black coach John Mitchell, who lasted four years in Perth from 2006-2010 without taking the club to the playoffs. He would also become the first northern hemisphere coach to take charge of a southern hemisphere Super Rugby franchise.
    The 46-year-old led England to four consecutive second place finishes in the Six Nations from 2012-2015, before being drawn in the ‘group of death’ at the World Cup with Wales and Australia. He was fired after England became the first host nation, former world champions and England team not to make the playoffs after defeats to Wales and Australia.
    Although World Cup winning South Africa coach Jake White has been named as a contender for the Force job, it is unlikely the former Brumbies coach, who took the Canberra club to the Super Rugby grand final in 2013, would return to Australia after being beaten to the Wallaby job by Michael Cheika’s predecessor, Ewen McKenzie.
    Former England head coach Stuart Lancaster. Picture: David Rogers/Getty Images
    Former England head coach Stuart Lancaster. Picture: David Rogers/Getty ImagesSource:Getty Images
    White has never hidden his desire to coach Test rugby at another World Cup and would have a better chance of realising this ambition from the launchpad of current club Montpellier, who boast a number of Test players and face Toulon this weekend in the semi-finals of the French Top 14 competition.
    Two other high-profile, former Test coaches who have not surfaced as candidates for the Force job are McKenzie and axed Springbok mentor, Heyneke Meyer. Meyer has adopted a low-profile after being fired after South Africa were knocked out of the World Cup in the semi-finals by eventual winners, New Zealand, but suffered a humiliating defeat in the Springboks’ opening group game to Japan, regarded as the biggest upset in world rugby history.
    Meyer won two Super Rugby championships with the Bulls and McKenzie one with the Reds. After being fired by the Wallabies, McKenzie has turned his back on rugby, changed his mobile number and snubbed overtures to lend a hand to the battling Reds franchise.

Originally published as Lancaster leads the race for Force gig"

vCash
    I would be interested to know about what Foley's position was meant to be when he got here. Was it as a director of rugby?
    yes, and i think defence.

we were meant to have a head coach under him.

modelled after the poms soccer coaching system

vCash
    So I suppose one can argue he was sacked from a job he wasn't meant to have? Has he flourished anywhere else in his preferred role?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    I fear the shut down of the future Force, the junior pathways for u15/16/17 etc here in WA, as there will be no-one to facilitate them, as there one figure head in a large office doing nothing and everything run from the east.
    If WA is lucky a couple kids may be looked at to join squads over east - if they want to play in Oz.
    With the 3rd-4th positioned juniors in elite squads being pushed west at 20-21 to fill positions of Wider Training squads, to feed back into the NSW/REDs system when/if deemed good enough.
    What connection will anyone in the West have with the Force after 3-5yrs of that, leading to further reduced crowds and the calling of stumps at the 2020 (whenever) review.
    Have you been told this is going to be new arrangement or are you just Jumping to conclusions?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Have you been told this is going to be new arrangement or are you just Jumping to conclusions?
    jumping to conclusions...and hoping it doesn't come true

Senior Player
    vCash
    Out of all those mentioned order of preference would be

1 McKenzie
    2 White
    3 Meyer
    4 Lancaster

With Blackadder, Gatland,Fisher all in between 2 and 3 and Stiles and OConnor from the Reds at 5

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast