Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Foley Dumped

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    it has become evident how important a role the coach plays. I just hope they take whatever time is necessary to get the new appointment correct.
    Yes; but there is more than a little bit of a "Ground Hog Day" feeling about that situation. Without any inside knowledge of what is really going on I can't see much sense in anyone carrying on like Chicken Little. Hopefully we might have a clearer picture by the time Super Rugby resumes. How Hodgo is treated will be critical for me. The one constant I have had through the whole journey so far, is huge respect for he and Ben Mac.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yes; but there is more than a little bit of a "Ground Hog Day" feeling about that situation. Without any inside knowledge of what is really going on I can't see much sense in anyone carrying on like Chicken Little. Hopefully we might have a clearer picture by the time Super Rugby resumes. How Hodgo is treated will be critical for me. The one constant I have had through the whole journey so far, is huge respect for he and Ben Mac.
    Hodgo is 35 been a good contributer to the force but is no5 7 in the country time to move on.has made himself a foley fan so if things are to change,and they need to so change the culture and style of attack you need to start fresh ,clean out is needed.hopefully the new coach has an eye on developing club rugby in wa as well as making the force competitive as foley has alienated force players from club footy.this weekend roughly the top 40 players were either on a piss trip in Mauritius or wrapped in cotton wool for a very important game in 2 weeks.The whole of wa rugby is a joke and coached by muppets.All you Sindenbury haters at least he put himself into community rugby by coaching junior rugby the past couple of years what has foley done?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I made a comment about one player and mentioned another, my opinion. Have never commented on anything else you carried on about. So address your gripes to posters who do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I think Bally was just expressing his frustation at Foley's apparant lack of interest in grassroots rugby,not at you,Shasta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    I think Bally was just expressing his frustation at Foley's apparant lack of interest in grassroots rugby,not at you,Shasta
    Maybe so.I understand (from a layman's perspective, anyway) that list management and player development is a complex beast. But I reckon Hodgo has earned the right to finish here.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    this weekend roughly the top 40 players were either on a piss trip in Mauritius
    The boys who tell us they know everything about everything in club land were suggesting that the Mauritius squad wouldn't win a game against any of the club sides.

If they know what they're talking about, I think top 40 is stretching it!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The boys who tell us they know everything about everything in club land were suggesting that the Mauritius squad wouldn't win a game against any of the club sides.

If they know what they're talking about, I think top 40 is stretching it!
    Sorry shasta wasnt directored at you just making a point if we are to start fresh a 35 yo probably needs to be moved on.Loyalty is a word not used to offen in proffesional sport as most would recognize that it is a business and for the players its a job.As for gigs ,top 40 players is including contractored players and players at the 10s tournament so as only 1 contractored player was available due to the force playing in 2 weeks and needing a rest b4 there last 3 games
    .What a joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    No, actually I think he fell in love with the place and what they were trying to do with no money.
    Totes agree, what's not to love. Now he will look on while everything that was out of his control gets fixed up, and someone else gets a "free ride". Horrible feeling for a while, and then he'll get on with it, albeit a little wiser. Corporate sh*t gets nasty (and that's no excuse), sometimes you'll just have to rely on karma. I concur with the feelings though.

vCash
    So after reading through all these posts I feel maybe something is amiss? I am not going to suggest Foley didn't need to go(track record dictates that), but the way and timing are not coming across in a good light. Calls were for "the head of the rotting fish to axed". Checked my org chart and yep CEO sits above Head coach every time!
    So I see this going one of two way:
    1) Foley was a complete control freak of a tyrant and our CEO didn't have the ability to control what is essentially a staff member under him? If that is the case the CEO is ineffective and must go!
    2) The CEO has been in control of the situation the whole time and has merely found a scape goat to paper over the cracks and take some heat off his own position? It that is the case the CEO must go!
    As for player retention I can't see one situation where the captain of the team (Hodgo), a leader with in the completion not only in his position, but as a general player, someone who leads by example and has show loyalty to the degree he has would not have his contract (a one year extension) signed sealed and delivered with out question? This has sent despair through the entire team and off field staff and should make us the general public at an absolute minimum question what's going on? I feel that before this all gets sorted we may well be saying good bye to more players. I hope this doesn't send us that far up shit creek that the Force is no longer seen as a viable SR option. Time will tell!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I know many accuse me of being the queen of tin foil hats, but I would not put it past the ARU to engineer the demise of the Force as a viable SR option (in WA at least). I don't trust the ARU board, or its henchmen, as far as I could throw them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9