vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    trolls should not be blamed,just pitied
    Time for a pity party
    Beaten by the poms...poor me poor me pour me a drink

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Baby Faced Assasin

vCash
    Nobody hates to see England winning more than me, and the sight of some of those arrogant b*****s in the England team celebrating last night was hard to take...! But, to be fair to them, their defensive effort was outstanding. The Wallabies were very one-dimensional in attack - with Foley, Kerevi and Kuridrani not really offering much variety. For me, the crucial part of the game was just before half-time when the Wallabies hammered the England line, but failed to get over. If they'd got a try then it might have been a different outcome.

vCash
    Played like a bunch of spastics again!
    Lost to a better game plan as well.

vCash
    Thought DHP didn't have a bad game. Thought the ref was inconsistent giving warnings and not following through.
    England's defence was great and our 15+ handling errors to their 3/4 tells the story.
    Out played by a better team and, it appears, a better coach.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I think I said in a previous post if we cut out the errors we will win. We didn't and we lost.

Foley didn't create much. Phipps again slow kurindrani quiet again. England played to their strengths executed and won. Wallabies again did not respond to their line speed and the sometimes bizarre referring from Joubert.

Thumbs down to Melbourne for serving up that shit pitch for a sold out international televised across the world. It may have actually been dangerous if Cole did not hinge in every scrum.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    DHP struggling . Can not attack!!!
    DHP made more metres than anyone except Folau (93 vs 94) and from fewer runs (15 vs 18), and made the most defenders beaten (6). He did struggle early on when he dropped a ball or two, but came good and was possibly the best Wallaby on show.

Not sure what the refs were up to during the match. Overturning the neck grab and roll on Phipps by Robshaw because of some handbags after was pretty ordinary. Personally, I'd have carded Robshaw for that but he didn't even get a warning.

The penalty at the end of the 1st half was for either not rolling away or offside (both were happening) with the ball a foot from the goal-line, and following ~10 phases when we'd lost ground through a stupid lofted wide pass behind the unmarked player on the wing, the ref called advantage over. How is that possible? We were ~15m further back and by the right touchline, not ~10m left of the posts. The penalty in that position could have been a penalty try, given how close to the goal-line we were.

The other penalty overturn from Foley running a line into Farrell was originally called by Owens(?) to see if Farrell had fouled Foley. Yes, Foley was running a line not straight to the ball (why should he, he's trying to get in a position to support the ball carrier, not tackle him) and he didn't impede Farrell as Farrell made the tackle. But that gave England a kickable penalty to extend the lead to 6 and changed the game massively, forcing the Wallabies to go for tries rather than kick a penalty to draw level.

Hopefully a win in Sydney can even up the series: England 1, Australia 1, refs 1!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Mentioned this to Jargs earlier - is it just me or for a while now have handling errors severely cost Australian teams at critical moments?

At a professional and then international level it's unforgivable, the fact it doesn't seem to be addressed is even worse.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Michael Foley and his assistants have been getting bagged all year for the Force's ineffectiveness in attack.

What the Wallabies dished up tonight was exactly what we've been seeing from the Force (in fact it seemed that I was watching the Force):
    + 1-dimesional game plan.
    + No change to the game plan - even when it's not working.
    + Flat-footed ball receivers.
    + Noone presenting themselves at speed/with intent. In the end Foley gave up and just ran the ball himself.
    + Almost always passing to the 1st player in line.
    + Too many handling errors.
    +1-out/unsupported ball carriers.

Extremely poor on-field leadership by Moore and Hooper. In fact when players such as Phipps were looking for support Hooper just ignored them. Their referee management skills are very poor/non-existent.

England decided to play wet weather rugby and just keep letting the Wallabies make the mistakes from their 70% possession, used smart and effective strategic kicking for position and defended like madmen.

Out-played and out-coached by England who simply wanted to win more and responded to the conditions (including the inept/confusing/indecisive refereeing) much better than the Wallabies. (And next week we'll have to put up with Nigel Owens and the same group)

Thought that Dane Haylett-Petty did well, considering what was happening all around him.
    Ben McCalman had little to work with but got well involved at the breakdown.
    Luke not enough time to have any impact.

The England Lock, Itoje, shows what Adam Coleman has to aspire towards as a player.
    A class above any other Lock on the field. (21 tackles - 2nd highest after Haskell)
    Despite his head knock I reckon Arnold is outclassed at this level and does little work around the park.

A big lesson for those who thought that coaches such as Cheika and Larkham were the answer for the Force.
    Any coach at the Force would consider himself blessed to have the squad presented to Cheika and his assistants.

I'm tipping 0:3 in this series and a very poor showing in the NRC (which is already indicated by the Aussie team standing in SR).

I was at the Rebels game and it appears that most of the turf replaced was the central pitch area (between the 22s).
    The areas between the 22 and try lines were still chopping up as usual. These were mostly the problem areas in this game.
    AAMI is just not up to top rugby standard (even for SR). Do we have to wait until players get seriously injured before something is done?
    NIB will be excellent for the Wallabies v Argentina Test.

PS McMahon should not be played at No 8. Clearly he's been inspired to play like Hooper and does that quite well.

PPS No-one can say that Dane wasn't getting himself into the right position.

Name:  2016-06-19_10-56-19.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  74.1 KB

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 19-06-16 at 10:54.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post

Not sure what the refs were up to during the match. Overturning the neck grab and roll on Phipps by Robshaw because of some handbags after was pretty ordinary. Personally, I'd have carded Robshaw for that but he didn't even get a warning.
    I thought, at the time, that he was trying to get on top of the constant niggle. I thought - fair enough. He reversed it for continuing the argy-bargy after the whistle had gone, in an effort to stamp some authority. On reflection, though, I suppose ignoring the foul play to make that point is a bit suss. A yellow for it would probably send a stronger message.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    What the Wallabies dished up tonight was exactly what we've been seeing from the Force (in fact it seemed that I was watching the Force):
    + 1-dimesional game plan.
    + No change to the game plan - even when it's not working.
    + Flat-footed ball receivers.
    + Noone presenting themselves at speed/with intent. In the end Foley gave up and just ran the ball himself.
    + Almost always passing to the 1st player in line.
    + Too many handling errors.
    +1-out/unsupported ball carriers.]
    Something that's been plaguing Aussie rugby for many years now. I've never doubted the inherent skills of the players, but their ability to adapt and play what's in front of them at the split-second has been a problem for years. It's like they don't know how to instinctively play the game anymore. It's as though they are only able to execute the moves they rehearse. Once the opposition figure out the playbook, then the above tactics you've mentioned come back into play.

But then, this was happening during the coaching reigns of Jones, Connolly and Deans too.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Regardless of the result, I thought that was a good game of rugby. England were certainly a class above and were good to watch.

Totally agree with AndrewG that watching the Wallabies relentlessly attacking the line in the 2nd half but going nowhere felt exactly like watching the Force.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    If u thought it was bad on tv it was even worse being in amongst it and when they got the last try i thought i was in the UK .The gold brigade as ive said before were so silent it was embarresing to hear that bloody chariot rant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Regardless of the result, I thought that was a good game of rugby. England were certainly a class above and were good to watch.

Totally agree with AndrewG that watching the Wallabies relentlessly attacking the line in the 2nd half but going nowhere felt exactly like watching the Force.
    I think it's a stretch to say England were a class above and good to watch. They got their win last night through sheer doggedness in defence, and a lack of invention from the Wallabies in attack. I certainly agree with your second point though, that it was like watching the Force hammering away in attack, and going nowhere.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I thought, at the time, that he was trying to get on top of the constant niggle. I thought - fair enough. He reversed it for continuing the argy-bargy after the whistle had gone, in an effort to stamp some authority. On reflection, though, I suppose ignoring the foul play to make that point is a bit suss. A yellow for it would probably send a stronger message.
    I thought that at the time as well, that when he'd seen the foul play it should have been the higher "ranking" offence and should have been the one being penalised. Niggle was always going to happen in that game, and usually it's dealt with by the referee telling both captains to calm their teams down.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast