Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force vs rebels 2016 in Melbourne

Player
    vCash
    Another disappointing loss and i was surprised the Force only lost by 5. The Rebels forwards carved up and constant for over the gain line. Why do our forwards continue to receive the ball from a standing start? It's not rocket science, run onto the bloody ball.

I thought Grant had his best game in a Force jersey.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by StimpsonJCat; 30-05-16 at 21:13. Reason: Had to include something nice or be labeled a troll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Why do our forwards continue to receive the ball from a standing start? It's not rocket science, run onto the bloody ball
    I think they start their run just a little further back from the ad line than every other team in the comp and get the ball passed behind them. It usually flattens up when alby finally sits down, but the damage is done by then

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think they start their run just a little further back from the ad line than every other team in the comp and get the ball passed behind them. It usually flattens up when alby finally sits down, but the damage is done by then
    Could not agree more - Alby's hop skip and a jump prior to passing just allows the defense to monster the ball carriers and get caught behind the gain line. What the fark is Foley doing? Start Ryan and we may have a shot of getting some go forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    Could not agree more - Alby's hop skip and a jump prior to passing just allows the defense to monster the ball carriers and get caught behind the gain line. What the fark is Foley doing? Start Ryan and we may have a shot of getting some go forward.
    I think there are probably other issues but that's the glaring one for me.

The runners are also getting hammered by the fact that we will put three forwards into a ruck that isn't being contested thereby taking those forwards out of the play as option runners. The backline can't seem to run straight up the field and still pass it to the sidelines, preferring either to run straight and die with the ball (thankfully this option is rare) or run straight at the touchline and pass it the same way, that's a recipe for losing ten metres and getting up with a bloody sore rib cage.

We also seem to be really good at running the same way all the way to the sideline and taking an age to switch directions, meaning the good defensive teams simply charge their forwards around the corner faster than we do and they have more blokes there than we do, making it easier for them to shoot one or two out of the line and put the others onside without them having to break stride.

There might be other problems, but this is the list of obvious stuff I'd address first.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3