Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prestigious school's rugby team involved in horrific sheep-tackling exercise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Very unsympathetic there chaps. Not a bleeding heart among you - except for jono.

jono; if that had been a pack of dogs instead of a mob of sheep, the only people "losing their shit" would have been the ones learning what it is to be "mauled".
    And I would have no sympathy for them (as this would be a perfect example of poetic justice - for all those confused about what it is)
    Animal cruelty is absolutely inexcusable & not punished or taken nearly severely enough

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Animal cruelty is absolutely inexcusable & not punished or taken nearly severely enough
    Without wanting to really disagree or be inflammatory, doesn't this world let enough cruelty to humans go unpunished and often ignored to concentrate on that first?
    The other part that people will never agree upon is what we see as cruel. What someone who works with farm animals defines as cruel and what the average urban person defines as cruel are very different. There is no easy way of finding a middle ground for vastly different life experience.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Without wanting to really disagree or be inflammatory, doesn't this world let enough cruelty to humans go unpunished and often ignored to concentrate on that first?
    The other part that people will never agree upon is what we see as cruel. What someone who works with farm animals defines as cruel and what the average urban person defines as cruel are very different. There is no easy way of finding a middle ground for vastly different life experience.
    For sure - but why not work on both? There's > 7 billion people. Surely there are enough to look at improving more than one thing at a time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If you call that animal cruelty jono, don't ever go to a rodeo.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If you call that animal cruelty jono, don't ever go to a rodeo.
    Steady on - I haven't assimilated that much

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey Jono, Race 6 Number 5

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I thought they were being too tentative and letting the sheep get away with murder, I hope the reporter doesn't see any footage of a shearing shed or an abattoir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post

Sorry what exactly was so horrific about the video? Looks like any other bunch of newby's trying to manhandle sheep.

Sorry folks this is discussing... I find this video very discussing .....The livestock industry does not need idiots like this... As a livestock farmer and meat producer I would sack staff who did this to my animals ... The livestock industry has been cleaning up its act over the past yrs to make sure animal welfare is top class.. Yes there is a long way to go but idiots like this don't help....I have heard of shearing teams banned from sheds for acts of cruelty to livestock in recent yrs and payments docked.. Abattoirs have been going through massive reviews re livestock handling and they are regularly inspected for mismanagement now...You are the consumer of the animal products so you would not like blemished products due to animal cruelty... The people involved ( the livestock owner to the people who arranged and watched it ) should be dealt the full actions of the law and made an example of...Then made to spend time on a respectful livestock farm and shown how to handle livestock with respect........

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2