Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to................. Someone who cares,

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

An Open Letter to................. Someone who cares,

Dear someone,

We are the Fans, Supporters, Members of the Western Force. We are the Sea of Blue. We are the ones that every year for the last 11 years have happily paid our memberships. bought our Supporters Jerseys and Polo shirts, worn the neck ties, the bath towels, subscribed to FoxSports. We have attended matches, watched training sessions, Captains Runs. We have traveled across country to Brisbane, Sydney, Gosford, Bathurst, Melbourne and Adelaide, to New Zealand, to South Africa, to Japan and back to show our support. We have given our hearts and souls to our team.

We have cheered, screamed, yelled, gasped, cringed, sighed and cried. We have come to tell you. Its getting hard. The passion meter is running on empty, the ability to justify the expenditure is getting harder and harder. Our love is there, but you have to help us out, You have to give us something in return.

11 Years without a invite to the finals. 11 Years without a winning season, 11 years with too many wooden spoons.

All we are asking for is an announcement. A Direction, The plan moving forward. We need something to light the fire.

At this point in time - we dont even know who is in charge, surely we deserve better than that.

Please talk to us, tell us whats going on.

Yours Faithfully,

C. O'Blue

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by .X.; 15-05-16 at 18:08.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I second that!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i hope someone in their ivory tower reads this

vCash
    Cool story bro - but on the next draft can we get some dragons or something? A griffin, Sphinx or anything similar?
    You know - give it a bit more pazzaz

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dear Exile

I want to update you on the various issues you may have read concerning RugbyWA and the Western Force over the past few months.

It is no secret that our financial position has been under pressure for some time, seven years of losses, on-going team performance issues and the challenges we all face with the WA economy has brought the matter to a head.

Over the years all of you have supported us and without that support this moment may have come a lot sooner. It is clear that the Western Force has some of the most loyal fans in Australian rugby.

In our discussions with Bill Pulver, CEO of Australian Rugby, it is clear that the ARU, as much as the WA Rugby community, all want the same outcome;

1. For the Western Force to be based in Perth,
    2. to be a competitive team and
    3. for rugby to continue to grow in Western Australia.

To that end the ARU are prepared to support the Western Force for the foreseeable future through an alliance which guarantees our position in WA going forward. The model we are developing will serve all of rugby and look to improve the long term competitiveness of our team.

Over the next few weeks I look forward to sharing with you our new structure and plans to continue to grow rugby participation and talent in WA.

Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to seeing you at the game this Saturday evening.

Mark Sinderberry
    CEO, Western Force

Player
    vCash
    Absolutely nothing in the letter that we didn't already know.

Absolutely piss weak.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't think he can tell us any more at this stage. I applaud him for taking the time to communicate with us. He is doing the best he possibly can by us and we should redouble our efforts to get behind him and the rest of the RugbyWA board 110%!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    At least it's a start. I look forward to hearing more...

Player
    vCash
    Also, is there a chance we can have one discussion on the letter rather then posting it over every active thread at the moment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Also, is there a chance we can have one discussion on the letter rather then posting it over every active thread at the moment?
    Yeah we're going to end up with 10 different discussions going - it's hard enough to keep one discussion coherent on here.

vCash
    After I sent Exile's letter to RugbyWA I had a response from Mark CEO within 30 mins of the letter being received. Mark said I should have picked up the phone and called him!! Mark advised he would get bak to me with something to put on here. Any way he called again tonight advising he had sent the letter to all members. I am seeing him on Friday so if you want me to ask him anything let me know and I will do my best. He is open to having a meeting if anyone wants to go see him. I told him of Alison's suggestion of a "party" going o see him with our concerns....

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I won't be able to be there on Friday, but there are some pretty big questions I would like asked.

When will we hear of some genuine recruitment news? Resigning current stars is good news, but we can't spend next year with our current list. We need significant improvement.

What of the rumours that Foley has been told he won't be here in 2017? Leaving that rumour to fester does nobody any good.

Who is in charge of the force going forward? In whose interests will the agreed outcomes be viewed?

What initiatives are being considered to ensure that our long-suffering members start to feel something ownership in the team? . At the moment, I'm so far out of the loop that I'm not even sure that a loop even exists.

Feel free to add to the list as you want people

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Well there was 10 different discussions on the subject all asking for same thing......so......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Well there was 10 different discussions on the subject all asking for same thing......so......
    ......to be a smart arse.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    it's hard enough to keep one discussion coherent on here.
    I idea no have about what talking your!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast