Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to................. Someone who cares,

vCash
    Not much more could have been said at this stage, and I thank Mark for responding to concerns from the fans and while not saying anything new he has at least acknowledged we are out here.

I know it is hard for us fans that have stuck with this franchise since the rally in 2006 to feel that we are not part of the inner sanctum that makes a huge strategical plan and then tries to roll it out, however anyone who has worked in a company of relative size will know that the inner dealings and restructures cannot be shared with all until it is finalized and implementation about to start. It is probably difficult enough for them as a small group finding consensus on the best way forward, never mind adding a further few thousand into the debate.

I would like to thank Exile for starting this ball rolling, Hertryk for taking to Rugby WA and Rugby WA for responding to it and also realising the message had to go out to all members.

The important comments in his message are based in Perth, competitive and continue to grow local talent.

12 years ago we had no rugby at provisional level, today we at least still have our foot in the door, lets keep the faith and try and open that door bit by bit going forward.

The fact that foundation players like Matt and Pek continue to commit to the cause gives me renewed hope that my kids and hopefully their kids will have the privilege of watching this great game and the players that have played and will play for us and against us over the years.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I won't be able to be there on Friday, but there are some pretty big questions I would like asked.

When will we hear of some genuine recruitment news? Resigning current stars is good news, but we can't spend next year with our current list. We need significant improvement.

What of the rumours that Foley has been told he won't be here in 2017? Leaving that rumour to fester does nobody any good.

Who is in charge of the force going forward? In whose interests will the agreed outcomes be viewed?

What initiatives are being considered to ensure that our long-suffering members start to feel something ownership in the team? . At the moment, I'm so far out of the loop that I'm not even sure that a loop even exists.

Feel free to add to the list as you want people
    Thanks Gigs... I will make a list and ask away

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would add this to the discussion following Mark Sinderberry's email:

From what I understand from those in the know, the ARU have said on a number of occasions that the RWA Board is the best performing and balanced board across Australia. Consider this, we have superb legal expertise, CEO's of major ASX listed companies, Chairman of boards on listed companies, Self Made businessman, private equity investors and the best sports administrator in Rugbyland. Rest assured the assignment with the ARU is the best way forward. Finally the ARU will understand how we have been penalised on travel and equalisation of talent.

I think the future of the game in this State is much brighter than we thought. Another thing I wanted to say is that I have been in Broome this past couple of days and have seen so many guys wearing Force caps, T-shirts and other gear that I eventually asked one of them if there was a rugby tour up here! So it's not just Perthites that are loyal to the Force!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Apprentice
    vCash
    Top job Hertryk & Exile

OK.
    So we have an email from the CEO which doesn't address some of the important unknowns.
    No way does it provide the kinda information that was covered in the East Coast press articles.

1. It wasn't knowledge to me that the WF had made seven years of losses. Explains a lot about our recruitment and under-staffing.
    2. The arrangement with the ARU is by some kind of "alliance which guarantees our position in WA going forward".
    3. Mark Sinderberry has signed this email as CEO, Western Force.
    a. Does that mean he still reports to the RugbyWA Board?
    b. Or does he report and get paid by the ARU?
    Coz it makes a big difference.
    4. What's the tenure of his contract? Is he staying around to see this through? Is he the best man for the job? See my notes on the Saracens experience. And if anybody else can shine a better light on what I uncovered regarding his time at Saracens then please have a go.
    5. As GIGS has commented elsewhere - woz ALL of the Salary Cap being used on players or woz some used for "öther" purposes?
    6. Who is responsible for recruiting any new players? CEO or coach?
    7. Is Michael Foley's position up for review at the end of the SR season? End of year? When?
    8. Has Captain Dependable, Matt Hodgson, been signed on for next year in order to give some stability to the player group? The West article only said that it was to be finalised soon.
    9. Will there be regular - say monthly- updates for Members and the WA rugby public?

I'm too bloody angry with this entire set-up to be involved in face-to-face discussions. Especially after the Brumbies article mentioning the ARU aim to gain control of all of the Aus franchises. But I'd be surprised if he answers any of the above on Friday as it will be "too early to comment". I'll reserve my judgement for the actions - not the words.

Good luck to those attending on Friday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Thanks Gigs... I will make a list and ask away
    Well done Jo & Exile! But I can I just add that above issues originated from us pissed off fans at the poor season the team is showing so far. Would really like to hear some honest explanations on what/where the problems lay ie Coaching issues such as no attack coach, fitness levels and injuries, game plans (or apparent lack of), or is it players not upping their level? Fundamentally I believe that if the Force were playing successfully this season we wouldn't even be worrying about who was in charge. But I would really love to know what the is actual problem/s is if anyone can work that out, so it can be fixed - like NOW! Getting tired of platitudes and words.

Champion
    vCash
    Tazz, thanks for your posting that is full of common sense. Some people seem to expect that every time Rugby WA make a decision members need to be informed. There are issues of privacy that need to be respected in many decisions and family members of staff such as the Coach need to be considered. The best time for information to be shared is at the end of the season. As a member and supporter of the Western Force of course I am disappointed that the team has not been more successful on the field but I would never stop supporting them because THEY ARE MY TEAM! Because of circumstances I and Mr Perth Girl have downgraded our membership but we will still turn up. If people stop turning up that is one way to ensure there would be no team in the future.The one constant strength the team has had is the support of the Sea of Blue that has been the envy of other teams so I say to the rest of you keep on supporting the team.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MovinFwd View Post
    Top job Hertryk & Exile

OK.
    So we have an email from the CEO which doesn't address some of the important unknowns.
    No way does it provide the kinda information that was covered in the East Coast press articles.
    This vendetta is verging on exactly the same crap as was directed towards the coaching staff.

Are you part of a stable?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    This vendetta is verging on exactly the same crap as was directed towards the coaching staff.

Are you part of a stable?
    Maybe just a horse's arse?

Anyway.

Sinders should run in the election! based on that letter he'd go well in politics.

Lastly (and getting serious here for a change) on the idea of a committee going waltzing into sinder's office - I can see where you're all coming from, but also shoe on the other foot - one irritated person is uncomfortable enough to deal with. Several would not be fair to the man. We want answers, but the worst way to go about it would be 5 admittedly already suspicious & unhappy people asking him to clarify every question he makes. Having to answer the same question 5 different ways will lead to a frustrated and irritable CEO, and ultimately an unproductive discussion.

Jo I like your approach of collating the ideas, although I think it would be unrealistic for him to answer them all on the spot. Maybe leave him the list so he can answer them properly or delegate them to the appropriate people to be answered/elaborated on, collate and then reply to them all at one time?

Last edited by Petalz; 18-05-16 at 14:49.

vCash
    Going by the sound of the letter Sinderberry doesn't know 100% whats going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Going by the sound of the letter Sinderberry doesn't know 100% whats going on.
    I don't think any of the stakeholders would. They have probably just finished working out who is accountable for what in the new org set-up & now need to work out how it gets done.

You know... I almost wonder if that's even some of the reason we haven't been told anything???

vCash
    " I know it is hard for us fans that have stuck with this franchise since the rally in 2006 to feel that we are not part of the inner
    I would like to thank Exile for starting this ball rolling, Hertryk for taking to Rugby WA and Rugby WA for responding to it and also realising the message had to go out to all members.

The important comments in his message are based in Perth, competitive and continue to grow local talent.

12 years ago we had no rugby at provisional level, today we at least still have our foot in the door, lets keep the faith and try and open that door bit by bit going forward."

Hear, hear - well done for raising the issue with RugbyWA in a constructive manner and not just complaining about it on this forum. Thanks from me too

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Thanks to Alison and Hertryk for communicating with me recently and good on you for chatting with Mark and showing your true colours.

Allow me to make a small comparison. Let us for a moment hypothetically assume we were all shareholders in Wesfarmers a few years back when the Coles take over occurred. Prior to the actual announcement from the Chairman and CEO, the wise media pundits forecast gloom and doom, predicted the downfall of an iconic company as the whole deal was bad and the commitment too big. Then it happened and like the folklore "wide mouth frogs" all the critics went ooo, and now the CEO and Chairman are lauded for such a good decision. at the time neither said anything publicly, yet they were pilloried.

The ethics of your CEO and board during this period have been exemplary, there have been no leaks, rumours nor any details divulged until now. This is the team you want leading the Force, united, committed and maintaining the dignity, due diligence and behaviour expected of a professional team. Sadly the media have fed on unsubstantiated rumour and innuendo, forcing Mark to dispute some of the silly claims.

Let me say this, there is no-one within RugbyWA, the executive or the board that is not committed to our West Australian Force. Please at the very minimum have faith that once the final deal has been struck - expected soon - you will be proud of your team. We sense your frustration, and sincerely hope you do not prematurely throw your toys out of the cot.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What I want - a post by MI5_Dog

I want the Western Force to be a competitive side in Super Rugby and to stay in and be focused around Western Australia.

The end.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    The ethics of your CEO and board during this period have been exemplary, there have been no leaks, rumours nor any details divulged until now. This is the team you want leading the Force, united, committed and maintaining the dignity, due diligence and behaviour expected of a professional team. Sadly the media have fed on unsubstantiated rumour and innuendo, forcing Mark to dispute some of the silly claims.

But it won't be the team. It will be the ARU Board running the Force in the future won't it?.

rrry .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast