Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to................. Someone who cares,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

We have already held one meeting with all community clubs' presidents to keep them informed on this new venture.
    Thanks for the feedback Hansie.

Clearly the clubs are key stakeholders and it's encouraging that there has been a meeting to keep them informed.

Where the Presidents told anything more than what was contained in the CEO's note to Members?

A good long term strategy about making oneself available to receive the trickling down of information. fro the Club presidents.

It's very clear from this site that this trickling down isn't working very effectively as no participants have been able to provide any additional information to the numerous queries.
    I attend local rugby games, involving numerous clubs, and despite frequent queries have been unable to find anybody who could provide any details of what's going on at the Force.

There is lots happening right NOW.

In these days of mass communication, may I respectfully suggest that rather than rely upon the Chinese Whispers approach, which is always open to misquotes and misinterpretation, that an official announcement providing the information that the Presidents are allowed to share would be far more effective.

There are many Members who due to other commitments may be already involved in other community activities who simply want to know what's going on.

Many of these Members have stood by the Western Force since the get-go but, as the comments are repeatedly showing, are starting to get a bit tired of the lack of information about key developments.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Communication methods, quantity and quality has been a real issue and one we have to keep working on. President's of clubs are so busy these days that often info from RugbyWa doesn't get timely distribution to Club Committees and coaches etc. Communication to all members also needs improving. In defence of the past few years, we have been severely limited by resources in both $$$ and people and so have been a bit more reactive than proactive.

Presidents were told a lot more than Mark's note to members. Certainly more has since been done which will shortly be communicated to everybody.

I expect that within the next few days we can share with you the news. Rest Assured, we want more than anything a Super Rugby Title ASAP.

We will continue with our long term program "Future Force" to build depth and quality in our community rugby clubs. I am sure many of you will agree that the standard of Community Rugby being played around the 'burbs each Saturday is improving.

Last Saturday I watched Southern Lions, play Perth Irish and when I think back to similar level matches 5-10 years ago it's chalk and cheese. This weekend, head out to McGillvray and watch Neddies vs UNI. That will be a cracker. Some biased rugby Affianados are now saying our top 4 clubs would mix it very well with mid table Sydney Clubs. 5 years ago these same critics reckoned our top 4 clubs would barely make 2nd grade in the Sydney Comp. Our U/15's are National champs once again and U/17's have been champs and finalists.

I am excited about the future and slowly things are improving. Last week Ben Tapuai played for Wanneroo!!! Imagine being able to watch a Wallaby in Perth club rugby from 3 metres away and then having a yarn in the club rooms with him one on one!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Rugby WA's Annual report is tabled at every AGM. Every AGM is announced at least 21 days in advance. At most AGM's All Community Clubs, Life Members, and affiliated unions are represented. I have absolutely no doubt that if you and other supportive fans wished to attend you could do so. In addition to the AGM, there is a Council of Clubs meeting where clubs have another forum to discuss and put forward points and resolutions.

We have already held one meeting with all community clubs' presidents to keep them informed on this new venture.

I would highly recommend that yourself - should you wish to learn precisely and accurately what decisions are being made is, join your local community club, every single club is run by passionate rugby volunteers and through each club communications are channeled.

Through community clubs you can have your voice formally heard and acted upon. You would have to agree that we owe it to those who put the time, blood sweat and tears into participating on a daily basis in community rugby deserve to be kept as much in the loop as I guess Shareholders in Wesfarmers. Whilst passionate customers of Wesfarmers and long term subscribers deserve to be informed and respected, so do our fans. if a subscriber or customer of Wesfarmers want to have input and receive more information they become a shareholder and attend AGMs. So, I say to you, become a member of community rugby.
    Dear Hansie,

Please stick your arrogant attitude up your self entitled arse!

I am a passionate Force support and have as much right as any club rugby person to know what the hell is going on with a team I pay money for a membership for.
    Dare I say, (and I do dare) that this sort of entitled attitude is exactly the sort of problem that is ruining rugby in Australia.

Next you'll be telling me that since NSW and Queensland are the breeding ground of Australian rugby they have more of a right to know what's going on at the Force than I do as a loyal and financial member.

with no regards what so ever MI5_Dog

PS bite me!

PPS If you think I'm hiding behind an internet forum and would not say this to you in the flesh, for want of a better phrase, I am happy to meet you for a beer and tell you to your face that you're being an arse.
    I'll even pay for the beer.

Player
    vCash
    Just so I know..
    Is that offer of free beer and verbal jousting open to everyone?

vCash
    I'd say that being a member of the Force makes you a stakeholder when you're paying $400-$500 be apart of the Force.

Some members would have invested $5000 plus as 11 year gold members!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Just so I know..
    Is that offer of free beer and verbal jousting open to everyone?
    Verbal jousting? Is that a metaphor?
    There'd need to be a lot of beer for those sorts of metaphors I can tell you.

but yes
    if you meet choose to meet me in a pub I'll be happy to buy you a beer but will fully expect you to shout the next round

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'd say that being a member of the Force makes you a stakeholder when you're paying $400-$500 be apart of the Force.

Some members would have invested $5000 plus as 11 year gold members!
    Me too.

Player
    vCash
    Verbal jousting = more than banter, less than an argument

vCash
    Verbal jousting = more than banter, less than an argument
    Always happy for some verbal jousting. (and beer)
    As long as no one calls me a lawyer.
    One lawyer in the family is more than enough.

Champion
    vCash
    Cheers to MI5_Dog for his messages.

Great to clear up misunderstandings. I have no doubt we can share heaps more information with you all in the next few days.

vCash
    Communication methods, quantity and quality has been a real issue and one we have to keep working on. President's of clubs are so busy these days that often info from RugbyWa doesn't get timely distribution to Club Committees and coaches etc. Communication to all members also needs improving. In defence of the past few years, we have been severely limited by resources in both $$$ and people and so have been a bit more reactive than proactive.

Presidents were told a lot more than Mark's note to members. Certainly more has since been done which will shortly be communicated to everybody.
    I appreciate you confirmation that communications have been poor and need to be improved.

This is markedly different from your previous post which implied that there had been a meeting with Club Presidents and therefore "all was well".

I must be under a false impression but an email or a Facebook post can be achieved at no additional cost.
    In addition, the Nick Taylor at the West Australian would be only too pleased to pass on any "official" announcement at zero cost.

Clearly you have little appreciation of Members' need to know.

I suggest that you read the history of the Western Force.
    The "Power of the People" was much heralded as a reason why WA was initially awarded the franchise.

The people who joined up so readily and almost filled Subiaco go far beyond the WA club rugby scene and offer so much potential for Rugby in WA. I'd love to see nib stadium filled for every game.
    But this is not going to happen if the if the additional 10,000 potential attendees are kept in the dark!.

I am also interested if our important sponsors have been treated in the same manner as Members?
    If so, then why would they continue their involvement?

It's very pleasing to me that a Board Member is actually reading this site as there have been so many constructive questions raised which are worthy of answers from the CEO/Board.

Like many others I eagerly await further information which hopefully will answer the more pressing issues.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Always happy for some verbal jousting. (and beer)
    As long as no one calls me a lawyer.
    One lawyer in the family is more than enough.
    Youve been called worse things than a lawyer before

vCash
    Youve been called worse things than a lawyer before
    I don't know it that's possible.

What does sperm and a lawyer have in common?

A million to one chance of becoming a human.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Perhaps a supporters association needs to be created.

As it currently stands, we're more of a mob than anything else. Whilst individuals may have the opportunity to get into someones ear, they are still only individuals and can only speak for themselves.

Incorporate a fan club, supporters association, or some such thing and then you have elected officials representing a greater body of people.

There are other possible benefits from creating such an entity. I think you only need 3 or 4 people initially to get your office bearers and start things rolling.

"Rugby Union Supporters Association" has a nice ring to it?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I appreciate you confirmation that communications have been poor and need to be improved.

This is markedly different from your previous post which implied that there had been a meeting with Club Presidents and therefore "all was well".

I must be under a false impression but an email or a Facebook post can be achieved at no additional cost.
    In addition, the Nick Taylor at the West Australian would be only too pleased to pass on any "official" announcement at zero cost.

Clearly you have little appreciation of Members' need to know.

I suggest that you read the history of the Western Force.
    The "Power of the People" was much heralded as a reason why WA was initially awarded the franchise.

The people who joined up so readily and almost filled Subiaco go far beyond the WA club rugby scene and offer so much potential for Rugby in WA. I'd love to see nib stadium filled for every game.
    But this is not going to happen if the if the additional 10,000 potential attendees are kept in the dark!.

I am also interested if our important sponsors have been treated in the same manner as Members?
    If so, then why would they continue their involvement?

It's very pleasing to me that a Board Member is actually reading this site as there have been so many constructive questions raised which are worthy of answers from the CEO/Board.

Like many others I eagerly await further information which hopefully will answer the more pressing issues.
    I remember the day wearing my yellow T -shirt ( which I still have somewhere) on the field at Subi.

If there was an implied "all was well" message from an earlier post, that's not correct, the implication should be "here is an update".

There are so many things that could have been done better with the benefit of hindsight. At the golf club I frequent, there used to be a 40 seat chartered bus on a Friday or Saturday arvo to take members to Subi. It hurts that there is no bus to be seen today.

I accept you feel members have been treated poorly and I shall not debate that, I hope sponsors don't feel the same way. I cannot comment on sponsor communication lines as I am not across that area of the organisation.

I understand Nick is passionate committee member of a local rugby club and whilst I have not met him personally, I will take on board your suggestion that he could be a conduit at no cost. Again, being not involved in the executive and the detail or plans afoot regarding media , I can only promise to raise that possibility with the executive.

Whilst it is hurtful to see you believe I have little appreciation of Member's need to know, I would hope you'd understand that so much detail has be kept confidential and quite a few alterations have been made and if we went out each day or week with a statement and then had to retract or change due to new circumstances that arise since the original statement, we could end up in endless debates.

If you look at the "horsepower" on the board, I again say at some point you need to have some confidence and faith that we are seeking the absolute best outcome. We will live and die by our decisions and right now, I have absolute confidence that we will live. I am sorry you feel you've been unfairly kept in the dark and mistreated. I believe in the weeks and months ahead you'll understand why we did what we have done. The price we paying right now for this atmosphere of doubt and discontent, I pray will be worth it soon.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast