Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to................. Someone who cares,

Champion
    vCash
    Wholetruth, Those are the details that should be and will be outlined after all deals have been finalised.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    What I want - a post by MI5_Dog

I want the Western Force to be a competitive side in Super Rugby and to stay in and be focused around Western Australia.

The end.
    You've already got a commitment for that Dog, I assume you're happy.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You've already got a commitment for that Dog, I assume you're happy.
    There's been no commitment for them to be competitive.
    For them to be competitive we will need a good coaching staff (all of them not just the few we can afford), a good stable of players, a decent draw for the years games, and a decent amount of money.

I don't see anyone from the ARU or the Force even admitting that there is a shortfall in any of those things except the draw.

So your assumption is incorrect I'm afraid. I'm still as mad as hell but just less likely to start yelling out any windows.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    where does the money come from?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Allow me to make a small comparison. Let us for a moment hypothetically assume we were all shareholders in Wesfarmers a few years back when the Coles take over occurred. Prior to the actual announcement from the Chairman and CEO, the wise media pundits forecast gloom and doom, predicted the downfall of an iconic company as the whole deal was bad and the commitment too big. Then it happened and like the folklore "wide mouth frogs" all the critics went ooo, and now the CEO and Chairman are lauded for such a good decision. at the time neither said anything publicly, yet they were pilloried.
    A quaint little fairy story comparison but hardly relevant.

Both Wesfarmers and Coles are public companies and are duty bound to advise their shareholders when something material has been finalised that potentially has an impact on their share prices. They are not required to provide a running commentary.
    They are also obliged to provide Annual Reports and audited accounts which clearly show the financial state of their businesses.

If we can believe what's been leaked (by whatever source) then changes have already been made. If the leaks are true then it means that the CEO is already reporting to the ARU on matters relating to the Western Force.

The Western Force is a closed, sporting organisation. We see no Annual Report and see no audited financial statements. We may be Members but we are not shareholders. We have no real entitlement other than the seat we pay for at each home match and occasionally a few trinkets such a hat or season guide.

How we are treated and informed is a measure of how the organisation values our involvement.

So far my own assessment is that the organisation puts little value on its fan base as there has been little/no information except the most recent comfort note. The comfort note appears to have been initiated by approach from fans.

I too support MI5-Dog's summary of what is needed: "the Western Force to be a competitive side in Super Rugby and to stay in and be focused around Western Australia."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    where does the money come from?
    the same place it comes from for every other australian super rugby team but as yet has not for the force
    the ARU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    If we can believe what's been leaked (by whatever source) then changes have already been made. If the leaks are true then it means that the CEO is already reporting to the ARU on matters relating to the Western Force.
    A Nick Taylor article in the West (not sure when, sometime in the last day or two) suggested that the deal HASN'T actually been finalised as yet. That is the one reason I'm backing off on the concept of "tell us what the hell is going on"

I, for one, cannot wait to see the ARU take over the Force and finally start treating us as if they care what happens over here, but I do recognise that if the deal is still being written it is premature for anybody to make any announcements.

Really excited to see who the ARU will pay to return from overseas, which high profile NRL stars they will fund into Perth, how many millions of dollars they will inject into our organisation to prop up the back office. They've done all of this and more for the other 4 teams, and it's time we got our share of the cream!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    "They are also obliged to provide Annual Reports and audited accounts which clearly show the financial state of their businesses."

RugbyWA provides an Annual Report and audited accounts to its shareholder group ie the various local rugby Clubs who "own" RugbyWA. Annual Reports going back to 2005 are here...

https://www.westernforce.com.au/about-us/documents

Looking forward to the 2015 Report which will make interesting reading I am sure. The 2015 AGM has not been held. Due soon I believe. Obviously its been delayed because of the current situation. They need to get the deal with the ARU sorted out before going to an AGM.

"So far my own assessment is that the organisation puts little value on its fan base as there has been little/no information except the most recent comfort note"

I know that uncertainty is very destabilising and hard to live with but, with respect..... I think you are completely wrong about this. Hansie is on the RWA Board and he has explained that there are confidentialities in play. I understand that might not be a very satisfying answer but its probably the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    RugbyWA provides an Annual Report and audited accounts to its shareholder group ie the various local rugby Clubs who "own" RugbyWA. Annual Reports going back to 2005 are here...

https://www.westernforce.com.au/about-us/documents
    Thanks for the link as they weren't easy to find.

Player
    vCash
    No worries mate....

The Force needs us all to stay strong now more than ever.
    We have to be "the Immovable support behind the Unstoppable Force."

Changing the subject... Love your posts.

vCash
    We have to be "the Immovable support behind the Unstoppable Force."
    Unstoppable? looks to me as if 2 wins so far is not much of a start to try and stop.

The problem with having a die-hard support base is you get stupid comments such as the one from Georgina Robinson about 'The fans will stick with the Force if we move them to NSW'
    An immovable object becomes an excuse for any pigeon to use it for a toilet.

I, personally, don't like being taken for granted. I'm not going to keep paying my hard earned and harder to come by money on a team that doesn't respect me. And by 'team' I'm not just talking about the players.

These guys need to understand that without me, and people like me, there would be no super rugby. If I don't go to games, give up my membership, stop my foxtel then that's less money for the ARU and the Force. They need to stop thinking that the punters will put up with any old dross farmed out to us. We won't! Especially when money is hard to come by.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    MI5 Dog,
    Understand..... Sympathise completely. Share your frustration but I can't bring myself to give up on the Force.

I picked up the words from the banner from the top of this page. Admit that I got it slightly wrong and it should be
    "the Immovable support behind AN Unstoppable Force." That's what I see every time I open up this site. I think now is the time to believe in it. All I am trying to say is that if we desert the Force then all the bad outcomes we are talking about will definitely come true. If people like you and I and the others on this site give up then we are phuqued. We have to stay strong, the Force needs every one of us.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    It can only be a positive move to be taken over
    The current board have kept everyone in the dark since the clubs were duped into handing over total control to the board and what a Stirling job they have done to date
    Taken the force from a club looking to establish themselves to an organisation the laughing stock of super rugby
    The ARU haven't done this the board has done this all by themselves
    Sooner they take over the bettet

Champion
    vCash

Could someone please clarify the above quote.It is my understanding that about 10-12 years ago back in the Tony Harvey era that all decision making and power was given to the board from the clubs and in fact the clubs have little or no input into anything,if the board and or RWA want something to happen or change they can do so without any consultation.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    A quaint little fairy story comparison but hardly relevant.

Both Wesfarmers and Coles are public companies and are duty bound to advise their shareholders when something material has been finalised that potentially has an impact on their share prices. They are not required to provide a running commentary.
    They are also obliged to provide Annual Reports and audited accounts which clearly show the financial state of their businesses.

The Western Force is a closed, sporting organisation. We see no Annual Report and see no audited financial statements. We may be Members but we are not shareholders. We have no real entitlement other than the seat we pay for at each home match and occasionally a few trinkets such a hat or season guide.

How we are treated and informed is a measure of how the organisation values our involvement.

So far my own assessment is that the organisation puts little value on its fan base as there has been little/no information except the most recent comfort note. The comfort note appears to have been initiated by approach from fans.

I too support MI5-Dog's summary of what is needed: "the Western Force to be a competitive side in Super Rugby and to stay in and be focused around Western Australia."
    Rugby WA's Annual report is tabled at every AGM. Every AGM is announced at least 21 days in advance. At most AGM's All Community Clubs, Life Members, and affiliated unions are represented. I have absolutely no doubt that if you and other supportive fans wished to attend you could do so. In addition to the AGM, there is a Council of Clubs meeting where clubs have another forum to discuss and put forward points and resolutions.

We have already held one meeting with all community clubs' presidents to keep them informed on this new venture.

I would highly recommend that yourself - should you wish to learn precisely and accurately what decisions are being made is, join your local community club, every single club is run by passionate rugby volunteers and through each club communications are channeled.

Through community clubs you can have your voice formally heard and acted upon. You would have to agree that we owe it to those who put the time, blood sweat and tears into participating on a daily basis in community rugby deserve to be kept as much in the loop as I guess Shareholders in Wesfarmers. Whilst passionate customers of Wesfarmers and long term subscribers deserve to be informed and respected, so do our fans. if a subscriber or customer of Wesfarmers want to have input and receive more information they become a shareholder and attend AGMs. So, I say to you, become a member of community rugby.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast